Team 6 degrees of awesome

Options

Replies

• Diana6ft
    Diana6ft Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hey team. I always feel so overwhelmed after reading the weeks golden ticket. Then I come in here, read everyone's comments and relax a little. I'm excited for the dancing! My 11 year old was already encouraging me to start a "bad (fill in the blank)" dancing series, so I think I'll add this to my youtube channel too. Over the weekend my sister challenged me to a 10k in May. I ran today. All of this working out that I've been doing does not translate to running that far!! I'm not going to quit though. I'll just do my best. Have a great week everyone.
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Diana6ft wrote: »
    dtplow wrote: »
    Hi everyone, sorry I have been MIA from the boards this week. Had a tough week but good news is got all the challenges done and posted. No weight loss this week for me but I did stay the same. kudos to @mswanger09 for her AMAZING weight loss this week!!! Cant wait for the video of @Diana6ft bellydancing... :D

you know I wont let you guys down. My kids really love watching me on youtube. They're going to make so much fun of me with this one!!!

@Diana6ft Make sure you get one of those scarves with the clinking coins! They sell them on Amazon; here is a promo: "Express your inner power, beauty and femininity in our designer belly dancing scarves!" ;):D
  • bsehorn
    bsehorn Posts: 61 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Monday--not a great start this week; no workout and ate Easter dinner leftovers! I plan on hitting the gym tomorrow that includes the stair-stepper and a Zumba class.
    Tuesday-
    Wednesday-
    Thursday-
    Friday-
    Saturday-
    Sunday-
  • bsehorn
    Options
    My gym has a stair-stepper but I've never used it. How will I calculate flights of stairs. I Googled how many steps in a flight but it varies from 8-14. Should I go somewhere in the middle, like 10?
  • Diana6ft
    Diana6ft Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    hawkins410 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, sorry I have been MIA from the boards this week. Had a tough week but good news is got all the challenges done and posted. No weight loss this week for me but I did stay the same. kudos to @mswanger09 for her AMAZING weight loss this week!!! Cant wait for the video of @Diana6ft bellydancing... :D

you know I wont let you guys down. My kids really love watching me on youtube. They're going to make so much fun of me with this one!!!

@Diana6ft Make sure you get one of those scarves with the clinking coins! They sell them on Amazon; here is a promo: "Express your inner power, beauty and femininity in our designer belly dancing scarves!" ;):D

After my husband's reaction to my dancing I'm not sure it's safe to put it online! LOL! He really liked it.
  • hawkins410
    Options

After my husband's reaction to my dancing I'm not sure it's safe to put it online! LOL! He really liked it.

Then he will REALLY like this one! <3
  • hawkins410
    Options
    bsehorn wrote: »
    My gym has a stair-stepper but I've never used it. How will I calculate flights of stairs. I Googled how many steps in a flight but it varies from 8-14. Should I go somewhere in the middle, like 10?

My Google said 12...Mr. and Mrs. Google must not have been getting along today. I say go with 10! :)
  • mswanger09
    mswanger09 Posts: 863 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Good morning everyone, today I am off to a slow start. I dosed off for a few minutes after my alarm went off this morning, and when I realities I knew I wouldn't get my work out done before my husband got up.

There is always tonight. But this means another night of not doing any stairs. :/

I can honestly say I am a little scared of doing this work out. I have moved on to week 3 and 4 of Body Revolution, and yesterday didn't go the best. I almost face planted trying to go from plank position to my elbows and back to plank. Reading over this next one doesn't seem bad, but I thought that about the other one.
  • hawkins410
    edited March 2016
    Options
    First Place last week!! :)
    6 degrees of awesome, we are an awesome team!
    Let's keep it up, log, log, log, and take this thing!

Yay Team!! You are the best!!
  • mswanger09
    Options
    Congrats team!!!! High five everyone!!!!!!
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    First Place last week!! :)
    6 degrees of awesome, we are an awesome team!
    Let's keep it up, log, log, log, and take this thing!

Yay Team!! You are the best!!

Yay us we worked really had and are doing an AWESOME job.. lets keep it up
    have a great Tuesday
  • RachaelB11
    RachaelB11 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Just checking in to say I'm still here, just quiet. Happy Tuesday everyone!!!
  • mswanger09
    Options
    Hey everyone, I was getting ready to log my Egyptian food, (I randomly stumbled into without trying) and noticed that some people were only logging partial credit. I think as long as you eat one food, that counts. I went back through the thread announcing our destination and this is what I found.

"ka97 wrote: »
    Roadblock #3 - Is it one Egyptian meal over the course of the week? Or one ingredient per day? per meal?
    Melodieccurn
    I will take ingredient or meal whatever you want to do.
    It doesn't have to be a certain amount of times just an honest try to eat the foods"

I am taking that to mean, if you eat one thing from the area, on one day, you are done. Do you all agree? I just don't want to see us making this harder then it is.
  • hawkins410
    Options
    @mswanger09
    Oh, then I'm done! I was just doing it the usual one food/day for 5 days...but I like your way much better!! The less Roadblocks to worry about, the better, and we can concentrate on getting those miles in!! :)
  • mswanger09
    Options
    @hawkins410, I am glad that you agree. But that is how two people are interrupting her response.
  • dtplow
    dtplow Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    First place!! We really are awesome :) . Making my Eygptian meal .. shakshuka, an egg and tomato dish. I have been eating eating grapes and dates so I guess that would count, but always nice to try something new. Okay now onto tackle the belly dancing!! How is that going for you @diana6ft??
  • tooru
    tooru Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    When I go to work, I have 7 flights of stairs to go up! So there's that twice a day, 5 days a week!
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone
    I've been swamped with work but trying to catch up. I've been keeping a post-it not on my desk and tallying (or trying to remember to tally) everytime I go up the stairs. Yesterday was a busy day. Today I had meetings all afternoon, and tomorrow and Thursday our students are doing their mandated state testing - so not as busy. I'm pretty sure I've lost track a few times, but I'm already at 41 flights, so that shouldn't be an issue. I'll do all the videos on my Friday rest day.
    mswanger09 wrote: »
    Hey everyone, I was getting ready to log my Egyptian food, (I randomly stumbled into without trying) and noticed that some people were only logging partial credit. I think as long as you eat one food, that counts. I went back through the thread announcing our destination and this is what I found.

"ka97 wrote: »
    Roadblock #3 - Is it one Egyptian meal over the course of the week? Or one ingredient per day? per meal?
    Melodieccurn
    I will take ingredient or meal whatever you want to do.
    It doesn't have to be a certain amount of times just an honest try to eat the foods"

I am taking that to mean, if you eat one thing from the area, on one day, you are done. Do you all agree? I just don't want to see us making this harder then it is.

That was also how I interpreted it. So I've been eating grapes. And yesterday I had hummus (saw that when I searched wikipedia). I typically plan out my meals for an entire week, and do my grocery shopping over the weekend. So I'm doing the best I can as I just really don't have the time to make another trip to the grocery store once the work week starts.

I've never used the stair stepper, but I think at the end of the workout it gives you a summary which includes the number of flights of stairs. But maybe that depends on the specific machine.
  • mswanger09
    Options
    Hey team, if you already did the nutritional challenge, please go back and make sure you response hits all the bullet points.
  • bsehorn
    Options
    Monday--not a great start this week; no workout and ate Easter dinner leftovers! I plan on hitting the gym tomorrow that includes the stair-stepper and a Zumba class.
    Tuesday-Got to the gym today and did 50 flights! Also did my hour Zumba class. Ate some grapes for my Egyptian food.
    Wednesday-
    Thursday-
    Friday-
    Saturday-
    Sunday-