• jamacianredhair
    jamacianredhair Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    his username is buddahboy87 :D
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    hawkins410 wrote: »
    @murdog3t ... it looks like we are at 6 out of 6 votes on having @jamacianredhair's husband join our team! :)
    Do you think you could ask @Melodieccurn for us? We are down three team members (four, if you count @valtheran0). If he started today, he'd have enough days left to do all the challenges! B)

I'll check and get back to u later tonigt
  • Melodieccurn
    Melodieccurn Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    He can join. No problem.
  • murdog3t
    Options
    Ok he can join just add him to the spreadsheet and have him send a message to melodie to let her know he is joining team 6 degrees of awesome
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,997 Member
    Options
    Welcome, buddahboy87!!!
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the team @buddahboy87!! B)
  • hawkins410
    Options
    Yay to getting @buddahboy87 on our team!
    Did the eg-ercize for the first time and realized I have NO core muscles! I knew it, but didn't want to admit it. :p
  • Diana6ft
    Diana6ft Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Today was so good! I did a tabata thing and some kettle bell stuff. I did the after dinner walk thing again. This time two of my kids came with me AND my husband. Of course instead of deep conversations about life we had cement slab jumping challenges and a detailed discussion on the proper form for arm wrestling, but it was still really great. For the final piece to this amazing day, I weighed myself this morning and I'm in the 170s for the first time since I was pregnant with my youngest kid (8 years people!).

Welcome to the team @buddahboy87!! We're happy to have you!!

• Andtian2_4
    Andtian2_4 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Welcome to @buddahboy87

@Diana6ft congrats on the weigh in..

We are just over halfway to Hershey, PA people...

Yesterday I did two rounds of eg-ercize and today 3 rounds. Yesterday I got a feel for it and what and how I needed to modify some of the exercises. Yesterday got 69 minutes for doing an hour of slow yoga and the eg-ercize. The water challenge is a real challenge.. So I've been doing infused water, mostly cucumber and mint.
  • mswanger09
    mswanger09 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Welcome @buddahboy87!!!!

It was nice waking up and finding out we are getting a new team member!

I am doing good with the food challenge, adding nuts to my salad every day. And @ka97, I hear you on the water challenge, I feel like I am drowning! It is a struggle to get 14 cups of water a day.
  • hawkins410
    Options
    Happy Hump Day Team!

@mswanger09 That's a shame that the Hershey Chocoloate Factory will be closed, but as long as the gift store is open, I think I will survive! ;)

@Andtian2_4 That's so cool you found a way to modify your exercise! A lot of folks would throw in the towel with an injury...way to go for sticking with it! :)

@Diana6ft Congrats on your new "decade"...the '70s!!! :)

One question: Do we get to count exercise minutes for all the extra trips to the loo? :D I don't think it's the water itself that makes you lose weight...it's the dashes down the hall!!
  • mswanger09
    edited March 2016
    Options
    hawkins410 wrote: »
    One question: Do we get to count exercise minutes for all the extra trips to the loo? :D I don't think it's the water itself that makes you lose weight...it's the dashes down the hall!!

I think you are on to something! Between getting up for water and the extra trips to the loo, I am getting in a lot more steps! Though, I am not enjoying the extra loo breaks in the middle of the night!
  • murdog3t
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Welcome to team 6 degrees of awesome buddahboy87
    I contacted faith365 and she has just been very busy with work but she trying so she's still in it yay.
    Messaged the other 2 but still no response...hopefully they will show up .. Squat challenge done 190 ....arm challenge done ....boy am I getting sore.....
    Have a great hump day "
  • hawkins410
    Options
    So happy to hear you are still in it @FaithIt365!! :) We really need help with the challenges, especially the easy peasy ones like posting your favorite egg recipe!! Glad you are back and all is well! B)
  • 120maggie
    Options
    @Diana6ft--- Yahoo for the new number! That's exciting. I've been doing a few squirts of the flavors in my water. I know it is all chemicals, but it does help the water go down. My best time for getting water in without the flavors is in the early morning. I drink when I first get up, before my am workout, and after the workout. Thank goodness I only have a 20 minute commute to work :D .
  • hawkins410
    Options
    Crack the Egg turned into an adventure this morning! My golden retriever (Tara) thought the plastic egg was meant to be a toy for her, and that "Mommy on the Floor" was a new game! :p So I substituted a lemon for the egg. My new video, "Squeeze the Lemon" is due to hit theaters soon! :D
  • mswanger09
    Options
    @hawkins410, I hear you!!! My one cat thinks my workouts are his play time and get attention from mom time! That is until I am working my hip abductors, then he tries to bite my ankle!!!!
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Work this week has been crazy! I think I spent the entire day putting out fires. Tough to get my water in today. It took two hours to eat my lunch because I kept having to stop and deal with issues. I was tired but I went to the gym to lift after work, and then I did a short run. I'm drinking wine now, so forget the water thing for today. Other than that I think I am on track with all the challenges. Tomorrow is a scheduled rest day, but I may try to throw in an easy workout if I can.
  • 120maggie
    Options
    80% !!!! When I added my miles in for today I noticed that our newest teammate buddahboy87 's miles were summing into the spreadsheet so I fixed the formula. He moved us up from 73% to 80% there!
  • hawkins410
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Way to go @120maggie! I noticed it too, but didn't know how to fix it! Remember gang, there are no partials this week for the challenges! It is all or nothing! :o That being said, I can't tell you how much I don't like that video with that stupid egg & those stupid burpees & that stupid bunny hop! :# Now I know how @ka97 must feel w/ the dance challenges. But, I have to admit, I can feel it in my abs a tiny bit. I only have to suck it up two more times... :)
    Let's get to Hershey, Team 6 Degrees of Awesome!! Imaginary chocolate awaits!! B)