Team 6 degrees of awesome

Options

Replies

• mswanger09
    mswanger09 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    @120maggie, what you are saying is that I can eat a potato, in any form and that counts as an Irish food?

My co-worker made "Irish Potatoes" which is a candy that started in Philly. I don't think that would count.
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    What I want to know is if @Diana6ft remembered to wear her bra when making her Irish Dance Facebook Video?!? :D;)
  • RachaelB11
    RachaelB11 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Did we lose a couple people this week?! :(
  • mswanger09
    Options
    RachaelB11 wrote: »
    Did we lose a couple people this week?! :(

We lost at least 1. I know last week some people only updated their information when everything was completed.
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 5,006 Member
    Options
    mswanger09 wrote: »
    @120maggie, what you are saying is that I can eat a potato, in any form and that counts as an Irish food?

My co-worker made "Irish Potatoes" which is a candy that started in Philly. I don't think that would count.

Well just talking from what I enjoyed in the Emerald isle. Candy maybe pushing it!!
  • hawkins410
    Options
    HEY AWESOME TEAM! WE ARE 97% OF THE WAY TO THE ISLAND OF ST. PADDY'S!!
    LET'S MAKE IT SO WE CAN CELEBRATE IN STYLE! B)
  • mswanger09
    Options
    120maggie wrote: »
    mswanger09 wrote: »

Well just talking from what I enjoyed in the Emerald isle. Candy maybe pushing it!!

I wasn't going to count the candy. But i can eat potatoes tomorrow in my adventures.
  • ahawkins494
    ahawkins494 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    hawkins410 wrote: »
    Hey, so i have a fitbit and have received a friction burn on my wrist and am scared to wear it... I was doing so well with keeping track of my exercise and now i feel like logging minutes of walking on mfp is going to be incorrect because of how my walking varies. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Do you have a phone you can carry while you walk? There is a free app. called cardio trainer that I use that works great! You can select the type of exercise you want, the intensity of the work-out, and it will record steps, time, distance, etc. You can pause in your walking and then resume when you start back up as well. You can even play music through it! See if it is available in your Google play store. Let me know how it goes! :)
    ka97 wrote: »
    Hey, so i have a fitbit and have received a friction burn on my wrist and am scared to wear it... I was doing so well with keeping track of my exercise and now i feel like logging minutes of walking on mfp is going to be incorrect because of how my walking varies. Does anyone have any suggestions?

There is a product called "bodyglide"; a lot of triathletes and some runners use it. However, you could also try using deodorant, a little vasoline, or even some cooking spray applied to the area(s) that rub. I know it sounds weird, but people actually do it, to prevent that very problem.

Thanks for your help!!!!!!!! I think i'm going to keep trying the fitbit on the other wrist and see if it happens there. I used to use my phone but i wear dresses to work all of the time and couldn't get it to work. I will definitely try putting some vaseline under the fitbit. I think that would help a lot!
  • hawkins410
    Options
    This is too funny! I just spontaneously broke out into the Irish dance at work! :D
    Of course I only did the threes, & the point, toe, hop, but it still impressed my audience of two!! :p
  • leti126
    leti126 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I helped at work at an Irish culture event for elementary school students, and they were learning Irish step dancing, of course I joined in! Does this count as the Irish dance videos?! Haha
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Well I did the videos, sort of. I went through each of them and attempted the moves and sort of followed along. Hope that's all I need to do. It wasn't good. Not only am I totally uncoordinated, I also have an ankle issue. It hadn't occurred to me that it would be an issue, but I discovered pretty quickly it was. Not pretty at all! I'm really hoping for something other than dancing next week!
  • hawkins410
    edited March 2016
    Options
    leti126 wrote: »
    I helped at work at an Irish culture event for elementary school students, and they were learning Irish step dancing, of course I joined in! Does this count as the Irish dance videos?! Haha

Of course!! That's live, even better than videos! Also, count the time you spent doing it in your exercise log for today! I hope your corn beef and cabbage turned out! :)

• Diana6ft
    Diana6ft Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    @hawkins410. I'm doing my dance later tonight. I'm putting on my workout gear. There will be NO wardrobe malfunctions today!!!
  • 120maggie
    Options
    Very impressed with you jigging in public. Who knew when we joined the challenge there would be life learning and career enhancing opportunities
  • hawkins410
    Options
    WE MADE IT!!!
    With @Diana6ft still dancing (with no wardrobe malfunctions!) and @Tmn2016 left to log her 90 minutes, PLUS others I'm sure I don't know about,
    OUR AWESOME TEAM IS THE FIRST TO CROSS THE FINISH LINE AND BE IN IRELAND IN TIME TO CELEBRATE ST. PATRICK'S DAY!!
    SLAINTE TEAM!!
  • mswanger09
    Options
    We are awesome!!!!!!

Congrats on making it to Ireland team!!!!!
  • bsehorn
    bsehorn Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Still eating through my rainbow and working out when possible with company in town. I will be MIA over the weekend to Branson, MO with several girlfriends but I plan on continuing to eat well and working out in the mornings before we go on our daily activities. I will log everything on Sunday even though we have already made it to Ireland. Have a great weekend everyone!
  • Diana6ft
    Diana6ft Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    My dance is on the interwebs! ha! It's truly terrible, but I had a great time doing it this week. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzWzSJHmokI
  • hawkins410
    edited March 2016
    Options
    @Diana6ft Wow!! Your dance is awesome!! :)
    You actually make it look easy when we all know how hard it is! And you can sure see how hard you have been working those calf muscles!
    Way to go!!! Thank you for sharing! B)
  • 120maggie
    Options
    I am so impressed!!!! :)