hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    120maggie wrote: »
    Message. Got cut off. Anyway. That pose did not happen at my house :s

It sound "interesting" :p
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    For the accountability challenge I am aiming for at least 7 hours sleep each night. Since it is school vacation week, I should really use the opportunity to get some good rest.
    I was able to get my swim in yesterday, so it ended up being a double with a morning run and afternoon swim. This morning I lifted, and followed it with a short run. Tomorrow may be a rest day - will wait and see how I feel.

I did the yoga video. Tomatoes are part of my regular diet anyways (I eat grape tomatoes almost every day as a snack or with lunch), so that is not a problem. Yesterday I also wore a backpack with 12lb dumbbell while doing laundry and packing away winter clothes and gear - yeah that wasn't much fun! I added 5lbs to my bench press this morning, but could only get out two reps, so I dropped it back down - not going to take a chance there, especially without a spotter. I know, 5lbs doesn't sound like much, but I'm already working at a high weight/low rep, so another 5lbs really is a lot more for me at this time. I also decreased the assist on my pullups by 10lbs, and did 3 dropsets (5 reps then added 10lbs back to the assist and did 5 more reps). I attempted a dumbbell press with the 35lb dumbbells (which I did successfully last week) but couldn't even get them up so I had to drop back to 30. And then I did 2 sets of 10 pushups with a 10lb plate on my back. That was the best way I could think to fulfill the roadbock, and that would also make sense for my workouts.
  • hawkins410
    Options
    @ka97 One word for all that: AWESOME! :)
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,997 Member
    Options
    @ka97 I was totally impressed until I read the part about the pushups with a 10 pound plate. That is like super human to me. :open_mouth:
  • mswanger09
    mswanger09 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Yoga done. Nutritional challenge done. (Tomatoes in my soup, on my pizza and in salsa)

And now I need a nap after reading @ka97 's update! You go girl!!!!
  • leti126
    leti126 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    @ka97 amazing!!
    Everyone is doing so awesome. I will try to get as much as I can done this week however I came down with a stomach bug and feel like absolute crap.
  • ka97
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Awww thanks guys! I was worried I wasn't doing enough for that roadblock.
    @mswanger09 I actually wanted a nap yesterday morning!
    Taking a rest day today. I think I'm fighting a cold and determined not to let it win.
  • hawkins410
    Options
    leti126 wrote: »
    @ka97 amazing!!
    Everyone is doing so awesome. I will try to get as much as I can done this week however I came down with a stomach bug and feel like absolute crap.

Oh @leti126, you poor thing! It was probably too much studying! I hope you feel better SOOOOOOON!!
  • mswanger09
    Options
    leti126 wrote: »
    @ka97 amazing!!

Take it easy and feel better soon.
  • hawkins410
    Options
    120maggie wrote: »
    @hawkins410 I want to know how well you do on that one pose with your knees bent to your sides and you lay on your back

@120maggie, umm, THAT pose didn't make it to my house either! In fact, the "Rocking Baby" kind of rocked on over to the side and I think I looked more like a struggling pill bug! :o
    When I got home from work yesterday, it was beautiful out, so I strapped on my backpack (with two 5 lb. weights in it) and headed out for a 30 minute walk around the neighborhood. It was not as easy as I thought it would be! Our neighborhood is rather hilly and I started to feel the burn on the first hill. Boy was I glad when I finished up! I felt like I was going to fly! :D
    I finished up my half hour of chores with that "contraption" on this morning, so 50 more pts in the bag! B)
    For the nutrition challenge I had salsa night one, roasted garlic night two (remember it doesn't need to always be tomatoes), and angel hair pasta with a spicy tomato sauce last night. All yummy!!
    So, two more days of the water, and all challenges will be complete! Yay! :)
  • mswanger09
    Options
    @hawkins410 and @120maggie, I was able to make it to my elbows, there was no way I was making it all the way to my back! Though, that would be a good goal to work towards. And the happy baby, well, I might have rolled to far to one direction and fell over. Ooops. Glad it was just my cats to witness that one!
  • 120maggie
    Options
    Yes, looking back over these challenge I would say that gracefulness has not been at the forefront of my performances. clodding in the Irish dancing, belly dancing with my whole torso, swinging that kettle ball. Do you really think I did the bunny hop at the end of those burpies???! ;)
  • hawkins410
    Options
    Hop, hop, hop!! That's about the ONLY part I could do!! :D
  • ka97
    Options
    Quick check in - busy day planned but I got it started with a 6 mile run so all is good. Staying at my parents house for the next two days so that should be interesting!
  • Diana6ft
    Diana6ft Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I've been in the hospital with my son all week. After the absolute worst day of my life and a very stressful week. Everything is okay. He just needs medicine to control seizures. All of his tests came back clear. I'm still not home. I'm going to try to get miles in tomorrow and do the challenges. Keep up the good work ladies!
  • mswanger09
    Options
    Diana6ft wrote: »
    I've been in the hospital with my son all week. After the absolute worst day of my life and a very stressful week. Everything is okay. He just needs medicine to control seizures. All of his tests came back clear. I'm still not home. I'm going to try to get miles in tomorrow and do the challenges. Keep up the good work ladies!

Glad to hear that he is ok. Sending you good thoughts, prayers and hugs.
  • hawkins410
    Options
    mswanger09 wrote: »
    Diana6ft wrote: »

Glad to hear that he is ok. Sending you good thoughts, prayers and hugs.
    Oh wow @Diana6ft! So glad to hear he will be all right! My <3 goes out to you! Take care & please add my hug to @mswanger09's!

• 120maggie
    Options
    Prayers and team love to @Diana6ft. Take care of yourself. Do whatever you need to do to relieve stress and don't let the challenge add more!
  • mswanger09
    Options
    Ok,carried my lost weight around while doing chores and working out-DONE! I had ankle weights and hand weights on while I did Zumba this morning, wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.