Team 6 degrees of awesome

Options

Replies

• leti126
    leti126 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone had a good weekend! I wad away babysitting my niece and my phone broke so I wasn't able to post but got a new phone now. I'll update tonight
  • mswanger09
    mswanger09 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    3904 miles to INDIA!!!! We get to do some relaxation yoga(25pts) and sleep (25pts)!!!

Nutritional Challenge: Try a new spice (10pts) Try a new spice this week versus salt.

Accountability Challenge: If you did the pre-assessment, time to follow it up! Took before pictures and measurements, time to check your progress as well!!! (10pts)

Let's ROCK and ROLL!!!!!
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Finished my last challenge (the Marathon) with a hike through some beautiful wildflowers with my hubby of 17 years...TODAY IS OUR WEDDING ANNIVERSARY!! <3 Tara went too (of course!) and ended up tired and covered with flower petals. Our little flower girl. :)
  • mswanger09
    Options
    hawkins410 wrote: »
    Finished my last challenge (the Marathon) with a hike through some beautiful wildflowers with my hubby of 17 years...TODAY IS OUR WEDDING ANNIVERSARY!! <3 Tara went too (of course!) and ended up tired and covered with flower petals. Our little flower girl. :)

Happy Anniversary!!!!
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support everyone. Sadly I had a pretty bad binge yesterday. Long run hunger and the mental state of "I can eat whatever I want", followed by a couple of beers which brought on the munchies and a complete lack of concern for what I was eating. Not a good mix. Starting from square one again.

I hate yoga (big surprise right B) . I'm not really sure what my workout plan is for the week. I have a very loosely sketched plan, hoping to put off a rest day until Friday, but planning to adjust day by day based on weather and how the body feels. I ran about 5.5 this morning, more than planned but less than I wanted. I was feeling really good until a steep downhill and then the ankle pretty much gave up.
    As always, meals are planned and prepped for most of the week. I can't see going to the grocery store to get anything new, but I hoping to figure out a way to use something already in the house in a new way. I rarely add salt to my food, so it's a simple substitution. I'm thinking maybe eggs or an omelet with some sort of spice added.

@hawkins410 - Happy Anniversary!
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,986 Member
    Options
    @hawkins410 congrats. Glad you enjoyed the day.
  • dtplow
    dtplow Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, just got all my times posted on the spreadsheet. Got all the challenges done, did not make great food choices this weekend. But will get myself back on track again this week with the eating. I am excited about the yoga ! Sorry about that @ka97! I had a MRI on my knee and have an appt with the results on Tuesday.... hopefully it will be good news!
    Have a great week
  • tooru
    tooru Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have added in my last stats onto the spreadsheet, not sure if the points will now need to change? Sorry if i was late :(
  • hawkins410
    Options
    Thank you for the anniversary congrats! <3
    Excellent team job on doing (and posting) the challenges! We are getting better at that every week!!
    @tooru, I made the point changes. @dtplow, fingers crossed for good MRI results on your knee.
    Unless another team pulls off a miracle, it looks like we are going to be the
    #1 team for the 3rd week in a row!!
    Way to go, Team 6 degrees of awesome!!! :)
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    @dtplow - hope you get good news with the MRI!

Congrats everyone on another outstanding finish!!!!!

So TOM started for me today - tired, achy, cranky. I didn't really feel like working out today, but I did go to the gym and lifted. Skipping today would have just thrown my whole week off, and I doubt I'll be feeling any more motivated the next couple of days. I did however skip the run after lifting - just didn't have the energy. I'm hoping the weather is decent enough for a good run tomorrow, and that will keep me on track. If I can haul my butt of the couch, I might do the yoga video tonight.
  • bsehorn
    bsehorn Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have hurt my back but am hoping that I can start working out tomorrow or the next. I know how amazing this team is though so I am not too worried....I will try to get back to it as soon as possible!
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    I have been not feeling well these last 2 days. I must have a virus or something. I wasn't able to do my normal work outs but at least I did something .
  • hawkins410
    Options
    @bshorn and @murdog3t, I hope you both feel "right as rain" soon! Back problems and viruses are just.no.fun.period.
    But, awesome news, final results are finally in for the Egypt leg! Yes, Team 6 degrees of awesome, we did it again!! Three legs in a row!! Woot-Woot!
    Yes, I'm tooting the horn, because now we are only 56 lousy teeny weeny itsy bitsy points behind First Place! This is the leg to do it!! Let's get all challenges done and crush the miles!! We've got the team to do it!!
    :)B):)B):)B):)B):)B):)B):)B)
  • mswanger09
    Options
    Hey Spicy Peeps! Just to make this easier for everyone to find, here is the link to this week's nutritional challenge:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10369464/spice-it-up-challenge#latest

• mswanger09
    Options
    Hey there team!!!!

The progress accountability thread is up and ready for you to post!

Here it is:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10370724/progress-photos#latest

• hawkins410
    Options
    Thank you @mswanger09!! These threads will make it much easier for us! Check them out team, and we might as well do the challenges while we're there! Pics not necessary, but it is certainly awesome to see mswanger's transformation!! :smile:
  • mswanger09
    Options
    hawkins410 wrote: »
    Thank you @mswanger09!! These threads will make it much easier for us! Check them out team, and we might as well do the challenges while we're there! Pics not necessary, but it is certainly awesome to see mswanger's transformation!! :smile:

You are welcome and Thank you!
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,986 Member
    Options
    Since we could count the eggercise and Kettleball and dancing as miles we can add in the 20 minutes of Yoga? Here I thought I was going to relax and stretch and she threw in planks!
  • leti126
    leti126 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    @mswanger09 thanks for adding the links and great job on your progress pictures :smile:

It's getting busy as its almost the end of the semester and finals and teacher certification tests are approaching so sorry if I don't post as often!

I posted my spice I used (curry) on the board along with my accountability post. I plan on doing some yoga and the sleeping relaxation toward the end of the week.
    Keep up the killer work everyone!
  • hawkins410
    Options
    Wow @leti126! You sure are doing an awesome job keeping up with everything! Good luck on your teacher certification exams. We all know you'll pass with flying colors! Your students will be so lucky to get you! :)