Replies

• murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Yay us great job team
  • mswanger09
    mswanger09 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Good morning team!!! Congrats on making it to India!!! We rock! Can't wait to see what is next!!
  • Diana6ft
    Diana6ft Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I still need to put my challenge points into the spread sheet.
  • leti126
    leti126 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    We're going to Rome, Italy this week :-)
  • mswanger09
    Options
    Hey team, as @leti126, said we are off to Rome!

We have some interesting challenges facing us this week!

First up, Eat Tomatoes! Nutritional challenge is Italian.
    This is on tomatoes which is full of nutrients. Pick a couple ways to add to your diet, recipe, salads ect.
    You can choose another Italian vegetable or herb if you are not a tomato eater which I know some people aren't or cant eat tomatoes

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10374306/off-to-rome-tomato-challenge#latest

We also get to pick our own accountability challenge. Pick something that you want to work on this week! Accountability. This is your pick. It can be sugar detox, logging, water or something you need to work on. 10 pts

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10374318/my-pick-accountability-challenge#latest

@ka97, Sorry, there is more yoga this week.

Now, here is the MOST important challenge of the week, it is worth 50 POINTS!!!!!!!
    Look back at how much weight loss this during this challenge, and put that amount of weight in a bag and wear it! This is two parts: part 1-wear it while doing chores, part 2-wear it while working out!

In bocca al lupo! (That is good luck in Italian.)
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Diana6ft wrote: »
    I still need to put my challenge points into the spread sheet.
    I can put them in if your laptop is down. Just message me or post here. Same for anyone else. Good run team...we've still got a shot!! :smile:
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I need suggestions for the roadblock. As of this morning I'm down a pound, yep one whole pound. Obviously I've had issues. Anyways, I can certainly throw a dumbbell or two in a backpack and do some chores around the house, but I'm not sure what to do about the exercise part. Running or swimming with a weighted backpack, or even ankle weights for that matter, is just not a good idea. And I have enough issues with biking as it is, I'm not about to make that any worse for myself. I could certainly try upping my weights when I lift on Wednesday. Do you think that would meet the intent of the challenge? It would be stupid to increase everything, but I could attempt to add a bit to my bench press, and decrease the assist on my pullups. I say attempt, because it could quite possibly result in failure. I'm totally open to other suggestions.

Today was a mixed bag. Scale was finally down :). However, squats and deadlifts were also down from last week :(. Can't seem to catch a break! I did get a good workout though.
    I had planned to swim first. Pool was packed - like every lane full and people sitting and waiting packed. I didn't have the patience to sit and wait, especially knowing it could be a long wait, so I figured I would try to lift first. It was a risk, because leg day is pretty intense. I went back to the pool after lifting, and it was still full! So no swim today. Will have to figure out if I can work it in somewhere else. Tri training was supposed to start this week. Yesterday I traded the bike for a run, and today I missed my swim. Not a good start.
  • hawkins410
    Options
    @ka97 I think upping your weights (even just a little) would definitely meet the intent of that portion of the challenge! :)
  • tooru
    tooru Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Roadblock challenge this week sounds great!
  • jamacianredhair
    jamacianredhair Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! Sorry for not posting much last week, it was my first week back from vacation and I was pretty slammed catching up on things. I'm going to go check out the challenges and try to update the spreadsheet everyday. I love Italian food!!!!
  • dtplow
    dtplow Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    @ka97 I saw your pictures and you look amazing! The fact that you are an athlete is more amazing than any number on the scale!! Have you taken measurements? I am sure all the working out you do has made you a lean machine. As far as your question about the challenge part This is a quote from Melodie
    The second part is exercise with your pack doing your normal exercise routine. I don't expect you to take to the gym but go for a walk and see how it feels. See how far you have come! You need to do both to get the 50 points.
    So I will not be doing my runs with my lost weight but I will try it and then go for a walk with it. Does that sound right everyone?
  • hawkins410
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I think we all just have to individually adjust. I'm certainly not going to risk my knees, shoulders, and back with 10 pounds on my back doing Zumba. BUT, I can take a 30 minute hike/walk with Tara that way. Ka, since you haven't lost anything because you are already in awesome shape, just adjust your weights as you normally would while in training. I think that's fair! :)
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,997 Member
    Options
    Glad I'm not the only one concerned about carrying too much weight on my back. I have some ankle weights that I think I will use. If my knees start to argue, I will switch them out to my wrists.
    Had an awesome experience this weekend and being in shape from the challenge made it happen. I was supposed to help in a support van for a tandem bike ride for vision impaired kids. the Captains were volunteer cyclists giving the kids the opportunity to ride a bike. One of the Captains was a no show so I couldn't let an 11 year old girl miss out on her bike ride!. It was tough because I had never ridden a tandem and the kids were obviously not strong pedalers. But we did our 8 miles and stayed with the pack! All the other Captains were in their twenties and here I am looking at 60 in November.

• hawkins410
    Options
    120maggie wrote: »
    Glad I'm not the only one concerned about carrying too much weight on my back. I have some ankle weights that I think I will use. If my knees start to argue, I will switch them out to my wrists.
    Had an awesome experience this weekend and being in shape from the challenge made it happen. I was supposed to help in a support van for a tandem bike ride for vision impaired kids. the Captains were volunteer cyclists giving the kids the opportunity to ride a bike. One of the Captains was a no show so I couldn't let an 11 year old girl miss out on her bike ride!. It was tough because I had never ridden a tandem and the kids were obviously not strong pedalers. But we did our 8 miles and stayed with the pack! All the other Captains were in their twenties and here I am looking at 60 in November.

Way to go! :)
  • tmn2016
    tmn2016 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm on it!
  • tooru
    tooru Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    So far in this challenge I have lost 18 pounds! Not sure what I'm gonna find to add the extra weight on for the roadblock omg
  • mswanger09
    Options
    tooru wrote: »
    So far in this challenge I have lost 18 pounds! Not sure what I'm gonna find to add the extra weight on for the roadblock omg

Great job on the weight loss!! But I guess this challenge is a downside to losing weight!
  • 120maggie
    Options
    I looked at the posting again and Melodie said it did not have to be the exact weight -- I'm sure she doesn't want to see anybody do anything to get hurt! I used ankle and wrist weights with a workout this morning. That was a lot better for my back and it definitely was a relief to get rid of them. :#
  • hawkins410
    Options
    Awesome weight loss @tooru! I like @120maggie's idea of distributing the weight with ankle and wrist weights. You can also wrap three 5-pound dumbbells in a heavy towel, put them in a backpack (that should bring the weight close enough to 18 pounds) and then just take a walk or do something else slow and comfortable.
    So far I've completed 2 out of the 3 nutrition challenge days: salsa, roasted garlic (remember she said it didn't have to be tomatoes), and tonight arrabiata sauce on angel hair pasta. Yum!!!
    I hope y'all have started the accountability challenge by today in order to get the 5 out of 7 days in. I am revisiting the water challenge to double check that I am drinking enough water. So far, so good! B)
    Tomorrow morning is yoga!
    Happy Hump Day Team! Cheers! :)
  • 120maggie
    Options
    @hawkins410 I want to know how well you do on that one pose with your knees bent to your sides and you lay on your back