how much are you trying to lose?

Options
1235»

Replies

• TheArtist070
    TheArtist070 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and 135 pounds, give or take a pound. I haven't felt well enough the past few months to keep up with everything - eating properly and getting enough exercise among other things. I need to lose 17 pounds and I need to start exercising again. Eating crap makes me feel unwell overall and not getting enough exercise leaves me feeling weak. I can not let this slide.

I think I'm heavier than "not that heavy." Most of my friends aren't in such great shape themselves and aren't motivated right now to do anything about it. When I talk about trying to get back on track they say "you're not that heavy." Sure, I love to hear that.....but......if the poor nutrition and lack of exercise is weighing me down and making me feel sick then yes, I am that heavy.

As long they think I'm "not that heavy" - might as well join a group and get back in shape with all the other people who are "not that heavy." :)

• livia89n
    livia89n Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and 154-155 lbs (1,56m and 70 kg) and want to drop until around 120 lbs (55 kg). Looking more for definition than an actual number. Hope I will find motivation here :)
  • KrisB1208
    KrisB1208 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have lost 22 pounds so far... I weighed 180 in February and I am currently at 158, I would REALLY like to be around 140 and have good muscle tone.
    I lost the 22 just by working out everyday, but Now I've been yo-yo-ing between 155 and 159 and can't seem to get any more weight off.
    So I have now started watching my calorie intake and following what myfitnesspal diary allows me. I've been doing okay, I gained two but lost 1 as of this morning.
    It's been tough trying to be so strict on my diet but I'm doing it! Hoping I can keep it up!
  • ukiemeistr
    ukiemeistr Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7 and 154 lbs and want to drop down to 140. I am currently on the high end of my BMI, but I have gained a lot of muscle through weights. Just want to tone now really. On the 1200 cal diet
  • hrush1889
    hrush1889 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have lost 10 pounds so far recently, aiming for 5 more. then maybe another 5 depending how i look when I get there :)
  • EttaMaeMartin
    EttaMaeMartin Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    EmPersson wrote: »
    Goal was 10-12lbs. I'm also on the low end of my BMI so not much to lose. I've lost about 6lbs so far and actually pretty happy. I'd be OK with this current weight and continuing to recomp. I'd still like for my thighs to shrink, but that may never happen. Even at my lowest normal weight I still had big thighs. When I gain fat, it goes to the thighs. When I gain muscle, I gain BIG muscle. LOL Basically going off of looks/feel right now and not so much scale/inches.

Have you tried doing yoga, or stretching exercises? They help to elongate the muscles and help give a leaner look, rather than the bulk of muscle that regular workouts can bring.

yoga has changed my life and my body shape. not overnight, but 2 years of everyday hot vinyasa yoga. mostly power. i am toned in my arms and shoulders and upper back. i love the way it looks. i have never had a flat tummy till now, amazing. i am still trying to loose about 10# more for an even leaner look. i put on muscle easily, but want the long and lean look with strong arms, shoulders and back. YOGA YOGA YOGA!.