Team: Thin it to Win it

Options

Replies

• wahagent05
    wahagent05 Posts: 446 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    ds1415 wrote: »
    A very depressing week for me. I feel I am failing at everything I am trying to do.
    I wish I had some energy. Every inch of my body feels inflamed. I wish I could just go off to sleep for 2 full days without worrying about anything and then a tonne of stuff has to happen right now ... Just perfect.

I feel like dipping into a pool of pain relieving spray liquid. :s

Wow ds1415...yes you are having a tough week! Sorry to hear that you have hit a rough spot! My only advice is to try and stay focused as you go through it! Everyone has those times when they have a bad week, or a frustrating few days, just try to remember how much you have accomplished so far, and no matter how aggravating things get try not to put back on the weight that you worked sooooo hard to get off! That will definitely make you depressed!
    Your storm will pass....but in the mean time, do your best to stay disciplined with caloric intake, your water consumption, and your work-outs!
    Even when you just don't feel like doing ANYTHING....DO SOMETHING, so you will not have regrets the next day!
    It IS incredibly hard to push through days like this, but if you muster up the strength to do so you will be so glad that you did...i promise you!
    If you can't do a 30 min workout, do 15 mins and some core strengthening exercises, or squats; if you can't drink 6 or 7 bottles of water drink 4 or 5; and if you can't go without snacking....snack on something healthy like nuts!!!! You may not wanna do ANYTHING, but you MUST DO SOMETHING to make EVERYDAY COUNT!

We all know how it goes...once you stop moving and focusing on your journey, you will say to yourself " I will do it tomorrow", but tomorrow will turn into 3 days....then a week, and b4 you know it, you will have gotten off track, and are now starting to to RE-GAIN the weight that you previously loss!

We all have worked to hard to get to the success that we have achieved, do not let a few rough days take you back to a place of unhappiness! Find SOMETHING TO MOTIVATE YOU, reset your thinking. and START OVER....you can do this! DO NOT GIVE UP!!!!
  • slgibbs1987
    slgibbs1987 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hey team!

Just submitted my weigh in and lost .6 pounds. I am thankful it was a loss because as I mentioned earlier, it's my TOM. I was hoping for a much bigger loss, but that's okay, I'll take it.

Total, I lost 6 pounds. My goal was 10, but I'll gladly take 6.

Just a couple of questions since we are at the end of the challenge to ask everyone in the group...

How did this challenge help you this month?

What have you learned that has worked for you?

What are some things you will do differently for the next challenge?

Can't wait to hear everyone's responses :)
  • Brittles927
    Brittles927 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I'm actually dreading weigh in tomorrow, i've been chugging water like there's no tomorrow, but I JUST got back to last week's weight this morning :( I really want to help the team out!

@slgibbs1987 -

How did this challenge help me this month? OMG - this group has held me soooo accountable, if it wasn't for this group I don't think I would have committed this hard these last few weeks. Knowing my team is counting on me has been a huge huge motivator.

What have I learned that's worked for me? Drinking a lot of water, starting the c25K app, staying active in this group, and oddly enough following a lot of success stories on instagram has helped me stay motivated.

What are some things I will do differently for the next challenge? I'm not sure honestly, I feel like we've all got a great support group here and - going into the next challenge with new people is going to be different, we've had a great team captain and I'm honestly nervous that my next challenge isn't going to be as active :# But I will definitely be sure to continue what I've been doing so far, when it comes down to it I've lost 6 pounds so far - and I've gone up and down the scale all month but a loss is a loss!
  • wahagent05
    Options

Hey team!

Just submitted my weigh in and lost .6 pounds. I am thankful it was a loss because as I mentioned earlier, it's my TOM. I was hoping for a much bigger loss, but that's okay, I'll take it.

Total, I lost 6 pounds. My goal was 10, but I'll gladly take 6.

Just a couple of questions since we are at the end of the challenge to ask everyone in the group...

Can't wait to hear everyone's responses :)

This challenge has also made me more accountable...knowing that you have teammates that are depending on you!

I have learned to continue to push past the hard days for continued results.
    I wouldn't change much, i like how i went about things this month.
  • wahagent05
    Options
    britnaii22 wrote: »
    I'm actually dreading weigh in tomorrow, i've been chugging water like there's no tomorrow, but I JUST got back to last week's weight this morning :( I really want to help the team out!

@slgibbs1987 -

How did this challenge help me this month? OMG - this group has held me soooo accountable, if it wasn't for this group I don't think I would have committed this hard these last few weeks. Knowing my team is counting on me has been a huge huge motivator.

What have I learned that's worked for me? Drinking a lot of water, starting the c25K app, staying active in this group, and oddly enough following a lot of success stories on instagram has helped me stay motivated.

What are some things I will do differently for the next challenge? I'm not sure honestly, I feel like we've all got a great support group here and - going into the next challenge with new people is going to be different, we've had a great team captain and I'm honestly nervous that my next challenge isn't going to be as active :# But I will definitely be sure to continue what I've been doing so far, when it comes down to it I've lost 6 pounds so far - and I've gone up and down the scale all month but a loss is a loss!

Thank you britnaii22 for that sweet comment! I have spent a lot of time in front of this computer, trying to motivate, encourage, and lift up everyone! it has truly been a POSITIVE learning experience for me!
    Next month i will not be a team captain, i will be focusing on my journey more!
    I really enjoyed getting to know the ones that posted o a regular basis! Thank you for your time & support! :)
  • ds1415
    ds1415 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thanks wahagent05 for the pep talk. I was so frustrated and bought a 2 pound double chocolate cake expecting that it would make me feel good. But on reaching home, I felt so bad I served it to my daughter's friends. And believe me the look on their face was far more satisfying than the taste of chocolate. So then I cleaned the mess and went out to the park and sat there for two hours in the open.
    Reassessed what was I doing wrong and I guess I was being too tough on myself. I came back fixed my house and then made a cucumber and cottage cheese sandwich (my daughter loved it).

So the three important questions.

I realized that the journey is too tough on you when you don't have encouragement. People who are fit do not understand you. They would be like ... you should run and not walk ... you will not see results this way. I mean I can hardly walk 3 miles on a brisk pace.
    So you all helped me realize that I am ok and I don't need to justify my weaknesses to those who understand.

Eating healthy is extremely important. The workout depends on your physical capacity.

Wake up 30 minutes early and do some meditation. Try some new recipes and eat more of home cooked meals.
  • 303lissy
    303lissy Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    So I'm down to 200.6 for my final weigh in this challenge. The bad news is that's 0.2 more than last week. But the good news is I'm down 6.8lbs total from the beginning of the challenge! I had highs and lows this challenge and ultimately learned a lot about what it's going to take to get me to where I want to be.

@ds1415 - that's awesome about the cake - great job!! I've done similar things, buying or making crappy food because "it'll make me feel better" when I KNOW it actually won't.

I'm with ds - I can't do it alone. Without checking in and being held accountable, I won't do anything. Without motivation from teammates, when I stumble I'll fall and won't get back up. Without the inspiration of watching other people succeed and hit goals, I'll think it's too difficult for me to do. Without others cheering me on, it feels pointless.

I'm going to stumble and it's going to be hard sometimes. I'm going to make nonhealthy food with the expectation of loving it (because I always have) and realize later, this does nothing for me, I shouldn't have bothered. I learned that I suck at working out at home but when I have goals and workouts to do it's easier.

What are things you will do differently for the next challenge?
    Hopefully I'll be able to get back to the gym mid May so that'll make working out easier (for me). Planning the week on Sunday I think should be key. What am I eating this week... when am I working out AND what will I be doing. There have been too many times where I came home from work saying "I'll make something healthy" and "I'll do some work out" and then I just go "meh."

I don't know about the rest of you, but if you haven't already please friend me! Or let me fried you! We're not on the same team starting Sunday but remember - I'm rooting for you! I'm rooting for you to get healthy, lose weight, make better choices, reach your goals, whatever they may be.

Good luck next month guys! It's been awesome!! <3
  • Brittles927
    Brittles927 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    So my final weigh in is 217, I lost the weight I had gained over the weekend so I'm back at the weight I had entered last week.. sorry I wasn't able to have a loss this week :( . However, this is something to learn from, slacking on the weekend just makes it harder for me to accomplish goals during the week.

Good luck to everyone in their journey! Looking forward to seeing your progress in the next challenge :)
  • wahagent05
    Options
    ds1415 wrote: »
    Thanks wahagent05 for the pep talk. I was so frustrated and bought a 2 pound double chocolate cake expecting that it would make me feel good. But on reaching home, I felt so bad I served it to my daughter's friends. And believe me the look on their face was far more satisfying than the taste of chocolate. So then I cleaned the mess and went out to the park and sat there for two hours in the open.
    Reassessed what was I doing wrong and I guess I was being too tough on myself. I came back fixed my house and then made a cucumber and cottage cheese sandwich (my daughter loved it).

So the three important questions.

I realized that the journey is too tough on you when you don't have encouragement. People who are fit do not understand you. They would be like ... you should run and not walk ... you will not see results this way. I mean I can hardly walk 3 miles on a brisk pace.
    So you all helped me realize that I am ok and I don't need to justify my weaknesses to those who understand.

Eating healthy is extremely important. The workout depends on your physical capacity.

Wake up 30 minutes early and do some meditation. Try some new recipes and eat more of home cooked meals.

n
    Ds1415 you most defiitely have to surround yourself around ppl that supports and understands what you are going through! I think that is why MFP is so popular....many ppl just don't have that kind of support and motivation at home or from friends & family!
    I totally agree with you when you said fit ppl don't always understand! That is so true! They don't understand how hard we work to get results, or better yet what we may have gone through that got us in that place from the beginning!
    When we reach a place in our lives where we KNOW we have gone too far, and need to make changes, we hope....we expect support from ppl who say they care about us. Many times we will get that support, but it will only be temporary! Everything starts out great, but after a few weeks, or months you feel like you are in the battle alone! Well....this is when you must KNOW "HOW TO MOTIVATE YOURSELF"!!!
    I have talked so much this month about MOTIVATION for this specific reason! When this time in your journey comes, in order for you to continue successfully, you must know how to push yourself even when you don't want to!
    This is the time when you pull out old pics of yourself that you don't like, pics of yourself that you just love, pics of your family or kids, & even before & after pics of ppl that was successful on their weight loss journey!
    If you have done all of this, SWITCH it up...find new pics....always keep your motivation FRESH! Once you get bored, you lose interest, and when that happens you start to take short cuts on your healthy eating, and work outs!
    Staying motivated will be the key to success for everyone! Join another challenge, make new friends...find someone who you can keep in contact with that shares your views about your diet, workouts, etc.... having that support will make such a big difference in your life!

aiio80qy8jmw.jpg

73bv1um2imp5.jpg

3gjbll34ieoj.jpg

• mbhck
    mbhck Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Final weigh in: 233.0
  • nerdishgirl3
    nerdishgirl3 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm disappointed in myself. I had a 1 lb gain this week. Sorry guys! I know where I "messed up" and I'm going to make a conscious decision to refrain from certain junk food I can't seem to control portion size. I'm taking a break from challenges for a month or so because I'm starting a new job and don't want to spread myself too thin. I'm still planning on logging my meals and continuing to exercise regularly though!

This was a great experience for me. Thank you all so much!
  • wahagent05
    Options
    I really don't wanna get ahead of myself, but i think we won the challenge!!!!!! I really could calculate the totals to see, but i wanna let serendipity0913 notify the winning team! I think that's more than fair since she has put in so much time creating this challenge for us! Sooo, let's plzzzz be patient and wait on her results before starting our celebration! The race was close, and i don't wanna assume that we are the winners, and be wrong! She will post the results tomorrow!
    Hoping for the best!

• wahagent05
    Options
    Congrats to all of our additional teammates who had a loss for our final week in this challenge!

tayter_tot7 (.4 lbs loss)
    ds1415 (0.9 lbs loss)
    wahagent05 (0.4 lbs loss)
    mbhck (2.2 lbs loss)
    Sabrina_Dolce (2.1 lbs loss)

Congrats also to everyone who tried their hardest but did not weigh in with a loss this week! Thank you for doing your best!!!

zrhw6r8kpzyh.gif
  • slgibbs1987
    Options
    Like everyone else, this challenge helped me to stay accountable! When I try losing weight on my own, it never works out well and I end up gaining it all back. So I want to thank everyone for their participation! You all have been such an encouragement to me to keep on continuing in my journey!

I've learned that food and exercise are both extremely important. I've also learned not to be discouraged if the scale isn't the number you wanted it to be. It's more of a big picture and all the pounds I lose, no matter how small, are going to add up.

I am going to try and be more active in the next group. Also, when I eat out, I want to make the healthier choices versus what I would normally pick.

Also, thank you so much @wahagent05! You were an excellent team leader!!

Best of luck everyone in your next challenge. I'm going to miss you guys, but know I am still cheering you all on!! <3
  • wahagent05
    Options
    673qpc8mhhz0.jpg

Good Morning Team!
    I just want to take a moment to say THANK YOU to each of my team mates for all of the hard work that you put in this month! I know that it has not been easy to continually push yourself each week, but we did it anyway, and we made it through this challenge....and hopefully with a WIN!!! :)
    Some will go on to continue the next BLC for May, and some will not, but regardless of what you may be doing next, please remember why you are on MFP! We all have set goals for ourselves, NEVER get so comfortable that you take steps backwards! Strive for results each week!
    Remember to set small goals for yourself and the BIGGER GOALS will come in time!
    I hope to be able to keep in touch with many of you on your weight loss journey! I am just an inbox message away if you ever need a friends advice or support!
    It has truly been a joy losing with all of you!!! :)
    I wish each of you continued success in your days, weeks, and months ahead!

NEVER FORGET that you can do this! When it gets tough, reset everything if needed, and start over fresh! Stay motivated....surround yourself with positive ppl who will cheer you on! Remember portion control....always.....Everything in moderation! & as always MOVE....you must move to see results faster!!!!
    Okay team....great job! I am so proud of each of you!!!! ;)

cw0cz4a06mm0.gif

yvhn8qzisdfz.jpg

• ds1415
    ds1415 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Did we really win the challenge. I am so motivated for May now.
    We did it!
  • wahagent05
    Options
  • slgibbs1987
    Options
    We actually did win!! Congrats everyone! I am so proud to have been a part of this team :)