Moderate Low-Carb Support

Options
123457»

Replies

• MDAPebbles67
    MDAPebbles67 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    @MDAPebbles67 , are you maintaining doing this? Or are you still losing?

Thanks

M

Still Losing
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    *Cross posted from Keto group.

Just checking in here. I'm completing week 4 of All Animal April (Low carbers group). It has gone well. I really haven't struggled, though, there are a few things I really miss. Macadamias, olives... I think I'm going to be done with it. I haven't lost any fat or weight throughout the process. I'm not sure which direction I want to go in. I've been very low carb for a very long time. I see some of you are increasing carbs a bit, for various reasons. I toy with that idea, but it scares me as well, because of a remote history of insulin resistance.

@Fvaisey- congrats on passing up those chocolate chip cookies!! Well done, you!

Just take it slow adding them back. I hear a lot about gastric upset getting back from all that. Doing something for a month gets your gut bugs used to something. They are naturally going to be freaked out by another change. So when the challenge is over, definitely up veggies and nuts slowly.

I wish you weren't having such a hard time. :disappointed:

@baconslave it is really scary when it drops like that. I have normally low bp but it seems to go up when exercising then drop back down hard especially if I'm dehydrated. I'm thinking its somehow related to my thyroid but I don't really know how they would determine that. of course dr google says I probably have heart disease. :/

Dr. Google is a complete idiot most of the time. You might want to bring it up with your dr and see if you guys can figure it out though.

Yes it is very disconcerting! I was at a friend's house for a playdate the last time. Not at all embarrassing to have to try to avoid passing out and flopping like a fish down on her hardwood... :smirk: At 5'10" I have a lot farther to fall. I imagine I probably got all pale. I have actually legitimately passed out once in college over back pain. But until I lost weight, I never really had low BP problems. I made the mistake of working out too hard fasted once last summer. I didn't check my BP, but I'm betting that's what happened when I almost passed out after that.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    yeah I have follow up with my endo in june so i'll address it then. I kind of think that with my hormones figuring themselves out with the diet and weight loss and reduction in carbs that my needs may now be different when it comes to my levothyroxine, I also stopped taking it for a stretch and then added it back, that was really rough so I went to taking one every other day. I'm not sure that's advised either, maybe i'll try cutting them in half and just taking a lower dose daily, I'm already on the lowest dose as it is. so maybe half a pill would be better. I don't know if it'll just take time to adjust back to taking it regularly, I didn't have this problem when I started it likely because I was overweight and not low carb