Options

Replies

• SarahKratos
    SarahKratos Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Weightlifting, strong lifts 5x5 One hour
    Kettle bell swing 200 at 30 pounds
    Walk 5.5 miles

I am doing a good Job with my calories, carbs are still a little high.
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Logged food (bpc, eggs, ham, bbq chicken n salad) plus 5 macadamia nuts. Jogged 1km to 1hr+ yoga class + relaxation. Best day plan wise for exercise and food.

@elize7 good luck with the evil craving monsters! You sound like you have a good plan

@kathrout1973 i understand your frustration! Self sabotage is frustrating. Self acceptance much more difficult. When you do sabotage, what is in it for you? For me, it is short term denial of feelings and stress relief. Knowing that, I am learning to recognise the behaviours in the moment and change them by changing to a new alternate more positive habit. Good luck.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    CW: 133.4 (better)
    Good with cals and carbs today. Lots of cleaning (and some walking) was my exercise today.
    I also took a few measurements today to compare with March, to see how they match up with the small increase in scale weight. Interestingly, I've gone up almost an inch at my natural waist (from my very lowest weight, about 4 lbs less, in March) but gone down 1/4" at belly button level. Hips and thighs were a tad bigger, too. It was a pleasant surprise to have shrunk in one place, though. Maybe the core work at PT is paying off. :)
  • tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Overdid the carbs today. Tomorrow's a new day. <picking self up, dusting self off>
  • Carnivorekat
    Carnivorekat Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    @SamandaIndia I think it is a subconcious worry of getting to a normal weight - as I haven't ever been that in my adult life - I have also had a very strong emotional eating problem for a long time and when I am stressed I tend to binge - I am actually seeing myself and realising this for the first time so I am hoping I can change this previous behaviour without allowing the sabotage to kick in fully - looking back at my previous dieting habits, I notice I tend to get this at about the same point in my weight loss journey - manage to lose a few stone in weight and then the sabotage tends to kick in - really want to stop it happening and with this woe I am hoping it will be easier to do as I love the way I feel when I LCHF
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    @kathrout1973 I sabotage myself too. Learning to recognise that has helped me reduce my weight to less than my sabotage trigger weight. Hope that works for you too!! Good luck.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    tlflag1620 wrote: »
    Overdid the carbs today. Tomorrow's a new day. <picking self up, dusting self off>

Perfect response. :+1:

About 90% back to normal. Stomach is still a jerk here and there. But after a brief protest, it leaves me alone. I'm hoping to finally get some strength work in.

158.6lb again. Hoping that after the evil TOM leaves, I'll be down in the 157s.
    Been logging.

Just keep logging.
    u05m0mdbd278.jpg

• macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    CW: 135.4. Not sure why it jumped up 2 lbs this morning.
    Cals were a little over today. I had a little carb binge at dinner thanks to some baked goods I didn't really want in the house and need to get rid of. I went out for a little run afterward though to help counteract the damage a bit.
    I did a good bit of exercise today. Physical therapy session (bike + strength) plus about 30 mins run/walk.

A friend passed on her Fitbit Flex to me today. It's good motivation apparently b/c I didn't get it set up til 1 p.m. and I still hit over 10,000 steps today! :)
  • reblazed
    reblazed Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    SW (Dec '15) 247
    SW (5/1/16) 198.2
    CW (5/12/16) 192.6
    GW (5/31/16) 193
    GW (Dec '16) 175

Carbs: <20
    Food choices: good
    Exercise : didn't get to the gym but help daughter unload moving van and set up house definitely exercise!
  • SarahKratos
    Options
    Walk 5.5 miles
    GobletSquats 21 using 30 pounds
    Kettlebell Swing 200 using 30 pounds

Eating was excellent!

I will weigh tomorrow.
  • SarahKratos
    Options
    I was wondering if anyone has a good recipe for baked goods using almond flour and stevia?
  • SarahKratos
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Sticking to the diet plan has really helped this week!
    SW 153
    CW 147.6
  • ChoiceNotChance
    ChoiceNotChance Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Checking in. Happy Friday! Still logging (even yesterday's cake episode). Even with the cake my calories were low. The cake was ~48 gm carbs so still moderately low carb for the day.
    Weight continues to climb. WTF ?
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Friday the 13th! Always an auspicious day for me.
    Super weird week, with ups and downs all week. I'm going to start fresh for a weigh in on Monday after a weekend planned with lots of activity. Still feeling overwhelmed, but it helps to break it all down into small little packets. I will get the two outstanding things I need to get done at work, then relax. There is so much more to get done, but if I knock those two things out, it will free me up. Have a great weekend!
  • becwana
    becwana Posts: 157 Member
    Options

flash0826 wrote: »
    I was wondering if anyone has a good recipe for baked goods using almond flour and stevia?

https://elanaspantry.com/10-great-almond-flour-recipes/
  • becwana
    becwana Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    @flash0826 I also make a yummy skillet recipe for breakfast which is like a big spongey pancake you can mess around with to make lots of variations on.
    Basic recipe is
    2T almond flour
    1-2T stevia (depending how sweet your tooth is!
    2T shredded coconut
    2 eggs
    2T double cream or almond milk or yogurt (whatever you have to hand)

Melt butter in pan - preheat grill or oven if your skillet is oven proof
    Pour mixture in - cook till edges are set and then pop under grill or in oven till top is puffy and slightly browned

I sometimes add almond essence, sometimes vanilla sometimes 1T of cocoa powder etc etc..

Can't remember where I saw it originally but it is really easy and quick so sticks in my brain!
  • baconslave
    Options
    157.6lb today.
    Digestion is much better. Fatigue is still annoying. And TOM is evil. I'm in a sad mood today.
    Mom is in the hospital again for the 2nd time this month. Kidney and liver. Which her doctors and the hospital were supposed to be investigating but have done a sh!tty job of so far obviously. After 6mo they still have no idea. Her bloodwork was so alarming after an appointment they called to tell dad to take her to the ER! This is all complications of diabetes. She's let her A1c get back up to 6.1 from 5.4 from eating bad again. She just won't do what she knows she should. Drinks nothing but 1 glass of diet soda a day. Won't move. *kitten* is hitting the fan. And they're 400mi away. There isn't anything I can do for them but call and give them emotional and verbal support.

Stress. But I'm cool. One silver lining of the food poisoning was that my appetite has gone down since I still have some food aversion and occasional nausea. But the appetite suppression might be because I'm not doing strength training this week. That'll rev my hungries back up next week. I'm starting 1-arm pushups on an elevated surface on Monday. RAWR.

In a mood but I'm trying to get out.
    That's life for ya.

Hoping everyone has a great, fabulous, wonderful, blessed, sunny day. :heart:
  • SarahKratos
    Options
    becwana wrote: »
    flash0826 wrote: »

https://elanaspantry.com/10-great-almond-flour-recipes/

Thanks for the link and the recipe! I have mainly switched to Keto because of Health issues. I am having a hard time giving up my baked goods and sweets.
  • baconslave
    Options
    157.6lb today.
    Digestion is much better. Fatigue is still annoying. And TOM is evil. I'm in a sad mood today.
    Mom is in the hospital again for the 2nd time this month. Kidney and liver. Which her doctors and the hospital were supposed to be investigating but have done a sh!tty job of so far obviously. After 6mo they still have no idea. Her bloodwork was so alarming after an appointment they called to tell dad to take her to the ER! This is all complications of diabetes. She's let her A1c get back up to 6.1 from 5.4 from eating bad again. She just won't do what she knows she should. Drinks nothing but 1 glass of diet soda a day. Won't move. *kitten* is hitting the fan. And they're 400mi away. There isn't anything I can do for them but call and give them emotional and verbal support.

Stress. But I'm cool. One silver lining of the food poisoning was that my appetite has gone down since I still have some food aversion and occasional nausea. But the appetite suppression might be because I'm not doing strength training this week. That'll rev my hungries back up next week. I'm starting 1-arm pushups on an elevated surface on Monday. RAWR.

In a mood but I'm trying to get out.
    That's life for ya.

Hoping everyone has a great, fabulous, wonderful, blessed, sunny day. :heart:
  • baconslave
    Options
    Checking in. Happy Friday! Still logging (even yesterday's cake episode). Even with the cake my calories were low. The cake was ~48 gm carbs so still moderately low carb for the day.
    Weight continues to climb. WTF ?

Sometimes my body takes 2 days to show it's *kitten* over a carb-oops, too. So not appreciated. :rage: