Meticulous May?

Options

Replies

• tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Didn't check in here over the weekend, but I have been logging. Had a couple cream puffs for dessert yesterday, but was still below my carb goal for the day. Saw a new low in the scale this week (143.8), but only for one day, lol. Nice to be making progress tho.

SW (May 1): 146.4
    CW (May 9): 145.2
    GW - 138-145
  • ChoiceNotChance
    ChoiceNotChance Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I've been logging consistently, but haven't checked in here over the weekend. Had a little potato yesterday which put me over on carbs, otherwise, all is well. Weight- still not moving.
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Up half a pound. Suspect histamine inflammation at work. Grrr. On the plus side saying No to unhealthy choices even with my mum. Major success there.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Didn't weigh in this morning but was 133.2 yesterday. So I went up a little after my birthday celebrations but not as much as I expected. ;) I went back and logged everything for those two days as best I could. I definitely indulged some Fri-Sun but kept it lower carb (esp Friday) so I don't think it threw me off too much.

My scale REALLY seems to like 133 over, say, 131. Which annoys me b/c clothes fit better at 131. You wouldn't think it would make a difference, but it really does. I am theoretically recomping but right now my strength training is physical therapy 3x/wk and it's helping me get stronger in a safer way but I'm sure it's not as fast as a regular strength program.
  • StephieWillcox
    StephieWillcox Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    It's all gotten a bit quiet here!

Today was a good day. Gym done, food on point and leftovers for tomorrow's lunch. Hooray.

I still struggle daily with keeping keto, but I think that's because I barely get through a week without having something that is higher carb than I should allow myself.

I need to take time to find more recipes for dinner but it's very difficult with work, toddler, housework and a husband!
  • tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I'm still here! Yesterday was good - stayed under on carbs, went to the gym for the first time in over a week (busy week last week). Today has gone well so far. Kids want pizza tonight (school is doing some fundraiser thing where a portion of the proceeds from orders at a local pizza place go to the school), but I plan to just eat the toppings and a salad. Couldn't find a way to log that, so I'm just logging it as two slices of thin crust pizza and knowing that my carbs won't really be as high as my log claims, lol.

I hear ya in the no time thing - one of my favorite easy meals is taking chicken thighs, dip them in melted butter, then dredge in grated Parmesan cheese seasoned with pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and basil (I buy the cheese pre-grated for this purpose, sawdust be damned) and cook at 425 for 30 minutes. Add some frozen broccoli or green beans on the side and you've got a quick, easy meal that everyone will love!
  • StephieWillcox
    StephieWillcox Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Ok those chicken thighs sound amazing. Definitely getting some pre-grated Parmesan and chicken thighs in the online food shop this week!
  • becwana
    becwana Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    It's all gotten a bit quiet here!

Today was a good day. Gym done, food on point and leftovers for tomorrow's lunch. Hooray.

I still struggle daily with keeping keto, but I think that's because I barely get through a week without having something that is higher carb than I should allow myself.

I need to take time to find more recipes for dinner but it's very difficult with work, toddler, housework and a husband!

Pinterest!! Loads of ideas on there - my username on Pinterest is becwaahh - feel free to raid my keto boards over there!
  • Carnivorekat
    Carnivorekat Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    has been a tough day today with my son - ended up eating stuff I didn't really want to but I have ensured I have logged it and will keep going - on a good note I started the day off 3lbs lighter this week so am over the moon with that
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    Suffering from food poisoning of some sort since Sunday night. I logged yesterday and am logging today, even though it's been mostly crackers, yogurt, and broth.
    I'll probably try to eat some cabbage tonight.
    Still feeling very tired and blurgh.

The camping trip was nice this weekend though.
    I would love to feel better enough to workout tomorrow finally.
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Awesome start. Great expectation management. BPC at 7am, 1pm burger sans bread, 630pm protein shake. That had a slight allergic reaction for me. Not satisfied. Friend fed me cashews. That is when the cashewnut monster reared her ugly stress coping head. Most of a packet... demolished. Not proud, but noted.
  • ChoiceNotChance
    ChoiceNotChance Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I swear, I could eat chicken thighs every day, and now I've learned a new way to make them. Thanks.
    Still being meticulous, here.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Blah.
    LCHF SW (Nov): 150.6
    Goal range for maintenance: 129-132
    CW: 134.8. Boo.
    I might need a bigger maintenance range but I need to expand down instead of up.
    Yesterday was pretty good though in terms of cals, carbs and exercise.
    Libra tells me my trend is gaining 0.5 lbs/wk. :/
    Indeed, even though I hit GW in March, looks like I gained 0.8 lbs in March, 2 in April and so far 1.1 in May. I'm only down 1.8 lbs for all of 2016. :/ Sooo meticulous May is definitely needed.
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Slowly getting closer to keto compliance. Put together a good streak, then struggled for a couple days, now back on hoping to finally get back in the keto for a good long stretch. It will happen.
    Still logging. Will weigh again tomorrow and go forward from there. In the meantime, trying to keep adding those all important alternative to eating activities. Still struggling to add in daily physical activity.
    Feeling a little emotionally depleted, but not too bad. Just gotta keep going forward. That is it for today. Just keep going.
  • reblazed
    reblazed Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    SW (Dec '15) 247
    SW (5/1/16) 198.2
    CW (5/10/16) 196.6
    GW (5/31/16) 193
    GW (Dec '16) 175

Carbs: <20
    Food choices: good
    Exercise : good

• SarahKratos
    SarahKratos Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Logging has been good. I'm having a little trouble giving up fruit carbs. Exercise is good.
    Swimming 45 minutes
    Kettlebell swing 200 with 30 pounds
    GobletSquats 21 with 30 pounds
    Walk 2 miles
    I will weigh on Friday.
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    May 10
    May 1st 148
    CW 146.0
    GW (May) 144.0

Carbs <40g.
    Exercise - plan on running tonight.

Keeping at the same drop and haven't rebounded. So I'm feeling good about that. It's probably because I haven't had time to eat! Soooo Stressed!!!
  • Carnivorekat
    Carnivorekat Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    annoyed with myself today - was doing really well and fell off the wagon again - I am finding myself sabotaging my own decisions again and I am hating the way it makes me feel
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    My struggle these days is to stick to keto foods until my cravings subside. I've decided to go ahead and up the total cals as needed to be satisfied.
    How hard this return to my plan is; makes me realize how far off path I went. So when I first started this woe I used this higher cal plan til I felt secure enough to tweak for weight loss. Back to the beginning and build from there. No more denial, all the while grateful that I'm on this correction before real damage was done to the total weight loss numbers.
    Logging every bite.
    Well, time to get busy with this day.