Meticulous May?

Options

Replies

• T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I've been logging fairly meticulously when able. There are some restaurant foods that I have been unable to find in the database, so I've logged something that looked similar, from a similar restaurant if possible. For example, Sat. late night, I had a Santa Fe Flatbread (burrito I think technically) at Granite City with no flat bread (so a taco salad). I ended up logging a taco salad without shell I think (or something similar).

Otherwise, I need to go back over the weekend and log some diet soda (no calories, but has sodium) and sugar free gum (maybe 3-5 calories). I'll do that right now while I'm thinking about it.

All else is still logged meticulously as always. Starting 5/21 and through the rest of the month, I may not be able to log as meticulously since I will be traveling. I don't know if I'll have a good cell signal. Even when I do, I'm going to limit data usage (my contract limits me to only 250 mb of data in roaming). So I'll log in only every few days when I find wi-fi and have time to use it.
  • SarahKratos
    SarahKratos Posts: 58 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Has anyone ever thought of doing the 5 o'clock fast? I fasted till 5 o'clock and I calorie cycle and only eat 800 cal five days then I eat what you would call normal on the weekend. 800 cal is actually a lot to eat after 5 PM. I have a five hour window at that time and can eat all the way until 10 o'clock. I usually stop at around 830 though. I may have a breakfast of eggs and bacon at 5:00 followed by my favorite TV show with veggies and nuts. Then maybe chew on a couple of ribs. Weekends are usually when we may go out or have company and I have an extra 2000 cal from the week and 1200 each of those days. So far it is working really well. I just started it last Monday.
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    Quest bars are evil! I can eat 5 in one sitting. I've graduated from quest to mission1 bars because I've noticed mission1 bars are not as addicting. But I want to quit my protein bar habit and eat real food. In!

@LolaDeeDaisy23 - Just for you. :)

http://www.food.com/recipe/no-bake-low-carb-protein-bars-402307
    http://meatfreeketo.com/low-carb-peanut-butter-cheesecake-protein-bars/
    http://meatfreeketo.com/category/recipes/protein-bars/
    https://www.pinterest.com/dawnvivant/keto-friendly-protein-recipes/
    http://www.healthfulpursuit.com/2015/11/4-ingredient-keto-cookie-bars/
    https://foodcount.com/recipe/keto-homemade-protein-bars

I could probably keep going for days... I particularly love Healthful Pursuit (Leanne) because she uses real food to make things to make it easier to stay on plan... And she makes dairy free options, etc. to all her choices. :)

Thank yo, these are great!!
  • SarahKratos
    Options
    Stronglifts weight lifting 60 minutes
    7 miles of walking

Eating excellent :)
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    CW: 136. Yikes.
    Great day today in terms of cals, macros, and exercise though.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    Still here, doing the thing. Scale is dumb. As per the usual. :wink: I'm looking pretty svelte regardless so the scale can kiss my grits.
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    yay! Keto breath is back and I'm doing a little happy dance. Day three of my first egg fast - which is going well - knock on wood. With it comes a feeling of relief and a tiny little whoosh of water weight loss.

Does anyone else find that they have significant night sweats on this diet, along with hot and cold spells all through the day? I'm well past when it was a menopausal symptom, and yet this has been happening for a long time since starting this woe. Just wondering. Im guessing it's just another way for the body to release water. Would love to hear any insights on this subject.
    Hope everyone has a great day!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    @elize7 I find that when my drops/gains are larger, I have more of this issue, but from what I can tell, FOR ME, it's more to do with my thyroid attempting to keep up with the massive changes. When my medication is more level, I have this issue far less. I don't know if thyroid regulation is the trigger for everyone, but it definitely seems to be a key component for me.
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Crashed n burned.... no survivors. 4 day holiday: East Nerherlands, Germany, (cologne, bonn, rhine and mossele rivers), luxembourg and back home. Gorgeous scenery and amazing bakery products on offer with little LCHF on offer. Combine that with social food pressure and managing my mother and safe to say I am both inflammed and 5lb heavier. 3 more days and my life is back on track. All about damage minimisation right now.

Sanity protection beats stomach protection so I know I am going to have bloating n headaches but I am getting better at ignoring her bleating and not eating my way past the sadness of constant criticism, her anxious breathing, multiple humph sounds with which she infers disgust and that I have not done something to make things good enough. Learning to stay calm and "keto on", well at least dont blow my carbs as much as I could, under that pressure!

Hope everyone is going well.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    @SamandaIndia (HUGS)
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    @SamandaIndia, "her anxious breathing, multiple humph sounds with which she infers disgust and that I have not done something to make things good enough." OMG!! Love it. You have one too? My aunt's birthday is tomorrow and I always go through huge efforts to please her. But YUP, I know those huffs well. She is such a cantankerous old broad! Love her, but man she's tough on the nerves esp. with the personal attacks and criticism. I ignore it and just laugh it off. She is fundamentally unhappy in life and that's how it comes out. If anything, I feel badly for her (after the urge to strangle the crap out of her passes)..You'll never go wrong by doing the right thing in life.

Speaking of which, back to work. Had a great lamb lunch. I'd like to go home and take a nap.
  • macchiatto
    Options
    SW: 153.4
    Maintenance goal range: 129-132
    CW: 134.4

Today was my best day yet in terms of calories, carbs (only 15 net), and sleep (over 8 hrs total, though that required a nap after getting my boys to the bus at 7 a.m.). Didn't officially exercise today but got in a decent amount of steps. I'm tentatively planning to stay in stricter keto and lower carbs until I've been back in goal range for several weeks or more, and then gradually move back up to maintenance range but focusing on veggies with the extra carbs.
  • SarahKratos
    Options
    Date night. High on carbs.
    Exercise
    Kettlebell swing 200 at 30 lbs
    GobletSquats 21 at 30 lbs
    Walking 6 miles
    Weight on Friday
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    @macchiatto Awesome work! Congrats!!
    @slimzandra thxs for the laugh (once urge to strangle her passes). Likewise! Complex mix of emotions. Good luck with birthday celebrations. Amazing how hard one can work to see someone experience joy, when they are, in themselves, so resistant to it. Safest place to be is low. Nowhere to fall from there. Feeling a lot better today with diet heading back on track.
  • StephieWillcox
    StephieWillcox Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I've had a better couple of days. Not aiming for perfection, just trying to make better choices.

Am not logging though, I think it brings out the worst in me.
  • Carnivorekat
    Carnivorekat Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    still struggling and have put weight back on, but decided to get back to basics and keep it simple - I am going to start listening to my body a lot more and only eat enough to feel satisfied, think I have been eating too much in one sitting and not stopping when I feel full so I am feeling so full up that I feel horrible afterwards so going to aim for smaller meals and only eating when I feel hungry
  • SarahKratos
    Options
    I was able to get my exercise in fairly early. I did one hour of weightlifting and already walked 5 miles with my puppy. I am taking a short break then I am going to mow the lawn. That is usually three hours of walking. It is beautiful out today so I will enjoy the time outside.

I am working hard at getting my water in. I have a trouble drinking 8 cups. I don't drink coffee or tea so it is just water for me.Since I will be working outside that should be fairly easy today. I am doing extremely well and staying within my calorie limit. My food choices are good today.

Have a great day everyone!
  • tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Past couple of days have been good. Staying below carb limits and logging everything. It's amazing to me how much my calories fluctuate day to day. My maintainance (including an extra 300 for breastfeeding) is about 2200. I eat to hunger, and some days I eat pretty close to 2200, or even a tad over, other days I'm full on 1400. I think that's why logging always drives me nuts, lol. On my "hungry" days I end up feeling restricted by calorie limits, and on my not-so-hungry days I worry I'm not eating enough and end up eating more because I have calories "available". I try not to look at the calorie counts anymore :D

Need to get back to the gym. Offspring the second oldest started tball a couple weeks ago and between her practices and games I just haven't had much time. At least it looks like the weather might finally be breaking and I can get outside soon!

Hope everyone is doing well!
  • macchiatto
    Options
    SW: 153.4
    Maintenance goal range: 129-132
    CW: 134.4
    Cals: Under
    Carbs: 34gm net
    Exercise: 50 min PT (15 min bike, elliptical, 30 min strength, 5 min stretching) plus hit 10,000 steps today
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    @Jan93L Things going a bit better today? There are a few of us who dance around 150 up and down. I use a doctor's scale with the weights across the top bar. Getting under 150 is always a milestone because you can move the big weight down to 100! LOL. This morning I was 100 + the first "e" in Health-o-Meter.
    lqcw9bhjfyhs.jpg