Post your recent results!

Options

Replies

• Cheval13
    Cheval13 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Ran my 2nd full marathon of the year last weekend. Time was 4:24:49! Beat my PB by 25 mins!

That's awesome! Congratulations!
  • Cheval13
    Options
    All of you have run great times and have something to proud of during the run that you've done! I wish I could quote and reply to them all.
    As for me, I ran a 5K last weekend at 21:46. I was trying to break my PR (20:58, set five years ago), but I just didn't have it in me. I was so focused on not getting my time, I almost missed the awards ceremony handing out some pretty cool water bottles. But then I heard my name for 3rd female overall, so that was nice. :)
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    All of you have run great times and have something to proud of during the run that you've done! I wish I could quote and reply to them all.
    As for me, I ran a 5K last weekend at 21:46. I was trying to break my PR (20:58, set five years ago), but I just didn't have it in me. I was so focused on not getting my time, I almost missed the awards ceremony handing out some pretty cool water bottles. But then I heard my name for 3rd female overall, so that was nice. :)

Congrats on 3rd place! I have yet to place in an race. Hopefully one day I can change that!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    My most recent results were:

Fall Colours Long Duathlon (3km run, 30km bike, 5km run) 1:54:36
    Wellington Mile 7:23
  • Cheval13
    Options
    Nike Women's Full Marathon, my 1st full, 4:06.

I'll take it considering I ran injured and stopped regularly after mile 18 to stretch out my right quad since it was killing me. Just know I can do much better.

I would take that even uninjured! My first marathon was a 4:09. And I wasn't even injured. :)
  • jessicasloan91
    jessicasloan91 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    What I love about this forum: We can gloat :D and when I read through I am genuinely happy for everyone

In real life: We bore people with running talk and its considered 'showing off'
  • drinknderive
    drinknderive Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm a few months into my running journey, so, heck, I'll just jump right into this group. :)

I PRed on a 5k this weekend at 26:22.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    What I love about this forum: We can gloat :D and when I read through I am genuinely happy for everyone

In real life: We bore people with running talk and its considered 'showing off'

Amen
  • mitchyinge
    Options
    nobody can accuse me of showing off my half marathon results today :laugh: but I'm still quite pleased with them - 2:28 (about 11:34 consistent pace although my Garmin has slightly different things to say it's more or less the same outcome) yay me anyway
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    This is the last I am going to gloat about my half marathon PR this weekend. Finished in 1:52:04 (8:32 min/mile). Quite happy.
  • davemunger
    davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Spencer Mountain 5K: I finished in 17:32 and got my first-ever win in a 5K! It beats my PR but the course was definitely short so I don't think I'm going to count this one. Still a great day!
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Chilly Half Marathon in Newton, MA today. 2:06:00. Beat my PR from 4 weeks ago by 5:17. I still want to shave 6+ mins off of that, but I'm happy!
  • rayvynn5374
    rayvynn5374 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    10 mile trail run took first in my age group with a 1:46, slower than my previous 10 miler by 11 mins and it was an adventure! Creek crossings, trails not perfectly marked, puke stops, and walked alot of the hills. Was ROUGH! At one point I was crying and thinking evil thoughts about my husband
  • mlogantra76
    mlogantra76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I ran a small town 5k that also had a 15k going on. Apparently all the competitive runners in my age group did the 15k. Surefire way to get first in my age group. 2nd place went to a woman who finished 10 minutes after me:) Another runner said the course was long, so my time of 28:28 is probably right at my PR on a 5k course(27:30).
  • valentine4
    valentine4 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I did a 10k race yesterday in 56 mins which I was happy with, the route had some seriously steep hills which were definately a challenge. Pity I live in such a flat area, I am going to keep driving out to do more hill work.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    I have a 5k PB time of 25:34, a 10k PB of 56:33 and a few weeks back, I completed my first half marathon in a time of 2:08.33.

I am finding I am getting a little addicted to the longer runs now, I will definitely be entering more half marathons next year and I might even attempt a 15 miler if I can find one :laugh:

I do have a 10 miler lined up but that is not until October 2014, I want a 10 mile time to add to my stats.
  • cococa
    cococa Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Love that we can all get out there and challenge ourselves!

For those of you out there with asthma, you know that it can be tough to improve on pace...BUT it's possible.

I just ran a hilly half marathon in 02:16:48 without a single attack and I couldn't be happier. I've shaved 10 minutes off from where I started. I can't wait to run a flat course and shave even more time off my PR. I know I'm going to get closer and closer to that 2 hour mark over the next year!
  • mlogantra76
    mlogantra76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Not super fast but one of the faster ones in my age group:) 2nd place at the Timothy Creagar Memorial 5k. My time was 28:21. Now, to focus on my first half in two weeks.
  • sarahz5
    sarahz5 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    10 mile trail run took first in my age group with a 1:46, slower than my previous 10 miler by 11 mins and it was an adventure! Creek crossings, trails not perfectly marked, puke stops, and walked alot of the hills. Was ROUGH! At one point I was crying and thinking evil thoughts about my husband

This sounds intense... and also awesome!!! :drinker:
  • sarahz5
    sarahz5 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    I finished my first half marathon today!!! Philadelphia Half Marathon. It was a great route, fantastic and plentiful spectators. Some lovely scenery, lots of action, and a few intense hills. I am a complete devotee of McMillan's pace calculator, and it came through for me again today. I knew I *should* be able to run the half in under 2:00 based on my mile/5k and a recent 10-miler I ran with a goal based on the calculator. It came through again!!! I hit 1:59:47.

I'm also a huge fan of the advice I've gotten here to go out slow and run a negative split. My pace for my 10k split was 9:25; my pace for the rest of the race was 8:52. :laugh: That's how I ran my 10-miler too. Maybe I'm going out TOO slow, but in this race, it was hard to even go much faster out of the gate because of the vast hordes of people. My first mile was around 10:30!

So excited for my second half at the end of March. Definitely looking to beat my time.
This discussion has been closed.