Options
    New half marathon PR on Saturday...1:16:17

HOLY CRAP!
  • bert16
    bert16 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Local 15k...52:50

Dude. That's fast.

Thanks Carson. Conditions were ideal. Cold with no wind and a flat course.

Was there also some kind of tear in the space/time continuum? That's amazing! Congrats!
  • bert16
    bert16 Posts: 725 Member
    Options

Wow - that's amazing! Congrats!!!
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options

Damn!
  • MSRunner23
    Options
    Thanks guys. Unlike the 15k PR, conditions weren't ideal for the 1/2 marathon, 55 degrees with 95% humidity. Feel like my effort was all I could give on that day in those conditions though. Pegged my heart rate at 183bpm avg (93% of max) and went for it.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. Unlike the 15k PR, conditions weren't ideal for the 1/2 marathon, 55 degrees with 95% humidity. Feel like my effort was all I could give on that day in those conditions though. Pegged my heart rate at 183bpm avg (93% of max) and went for it.

Well, unless your HRM has a really long range this means that you did NOT puke up your heart at the 10K point and that in itself is impressive as hell.
  • jennalink807
    jennalink807 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Ran my first marathon in Chicago on October 13th. I trained all year for it and came down with the flu that weekend. Ran anyway (let's be honest- you would too) and stumbled over the finish line at 5hr. 17min. Way over my time goal but still quite proud of the finish :) Already training for another half this spring and will be ready for a second full next fall!
  • DavidMartinez2
    DavidMartinez2 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Reindeer Run Marathon, Van Nuys CA. 3:10:13. This is my last race of 2013.
  • mlogantra76
    mlogantra76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    My 2nd half: Biggest Loser Half Marathon Panama City, FL
    Finished right at 2:17:08 a half minute faster than my first on December 1st.
  • KeithAngilly
    KeithAngilly Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Chilly Chili 5K, Orange, CT - 23:53 (Garmin time) I did this same race last year in 31:53 (my first 5K). After I finished, a guy came in a few seconds behind me and caught up to thank me for inspiring him during the race. I think it was because I was the only idiot out there in shorts and a singlet! It was 28F with an 18 degree wind chill. lol! I did have a pair of running gloves on, so that makes me sane, right? Anyway, it was a good strong effort and I feel like I left it all out there.
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Jan 1 - Needham, MA New Year's 5k. 24F, 12 with the windchill, was able to manage a pr by 48 secs, asthma and all. New time to beat 26:04! Very happy with that, but still pursuing sub 25. I started at a 39:20 for 5k in June of 2012, all running.
  • schmenge55
    schmenge55 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Jan 1 - Needham, MA New Year's 5k. 24F, 12 with the windchill, was able to manage a pr by 48 secs, asthma and all. New time to beat 26:04! Very happy with that, but still pursuing sub 25. I started at a 39:20 for 5k in June of 2012, all running.

Fantastic race and incredible progress!!!
  • davemunger
    davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Frosty 50K relay. My leg was 12.5K, or 7.8 miles. I was looking for about a 48-minute finish. Ended up doing my part in 50:30, not so great (relative to my goal). But our team was the first-place mixed gender team and third overall, so I'll take it.
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Frigid 5 miler
    Time 46:20
    13th in my age group out of 66
    200th out of 471
  • irish6165
    irish6165 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I got 6 miles in today....not big mileage...but big mileage to me .
  • mlogantra76
    mlogantra76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Completed the Mississippi Blues half on Saturday. Hills, hills, and more hills, Finished at 2:20. Was such a fun race... Very well planned out and supported.
  • MSRunner23
    Options
    Completed the Mississippi Blues half on Saturday. Hills, hills, and more hills, Finished at 2:20. Was such a fun race... Very well planned out and supported.

Great job! I did the full and the course is brutal. People don't realize how many hills we have in MS. I wish I could post a picture of the elevation chart for the marathon course.
  • davemunger
    davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options

Great job! I did the full and the course is brutal. People don't realize how many hills we have in MS. I wish I could post a picture of the elevation chart for the marathon course.

I ran the half with a friend in 2012. He ran the full this year and said they'd changed the course to make it even hillier! And somehow it always manages to be unseasonably warm for that race. Great job!
  • irish6165
    irish6165 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Just posting my mileage for today....3.5mph/90 min
  • MSRunner23
    Options
    New marathon PR Saturday..2:43:26

Still crashed a little in the miles 21-26, but not near as bad as I have in the past.
This discussion has been closed.