What's your motivation?

Options
LowCarbInScotland
LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
I know we all have those days when things get tough. I thought it might be nice to have a thread to remind ourselves why we're making an effort to eat the right foods for our body.

So, what's your motivation or inspiration for improving your health?

Mobility has been my biggest motivation. I moved to Scotland two years ago and have missed out on so much exploration because my mobility was impacted by my weight. If you couldn't get there by car, I've missed out.

One of the things I've wanted to do is walk up The Royal Mile to get to Edinburgh Castle. 60+ lbs down, I'm ready to give it a shot soon.

Replies

• Midnightgypsy0
    Midnightgypsy0 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Quit smoking 9 years ago. Gained 50 pounds. Never lost it. Male 60 @ 238 pounds.
    Now I have high BP, and arthritic knees. Always short of breath.
    Every doctor I see tells me to lose 60 pounds.
    Wish it was that easy....
  • andysport1
    andysport1 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Quit smoking 9 years ago. Gained 50 pounds. Never lost it. Male 60 @ 238 pounds.
    Now I have high BP, and arthritic knees. Always short of breath.
    Every doctor I see tells me to lose 60 pounds.
    Wish it was that easy....

Have a look at Keto diets, see what you think.

• auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    Gosh I don't even know anymore, maybe that's why I'm struggling. I wanted to lose weight because I don't like being heavy mostly for vanity reasons. I also thought it would help me towards getting pregnant but so far that's been one failed attempt after another. I guess I don't really have a motivation anymore, which would explain a lot about why my choices have been less than stellar. I'm just gonna focus on exercise, I'd like to be able to jog around my block at some point, just because I think I should be able to and never have, even when I was younger, just didn't have the stamina for it.
  • Jan93L
    Jan93L Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I have the sugar addiction, too. Plus am T2 diabetic. Didn't really care about myself for many years. Now I realize how few I have left and want to be slim and fit enough to do what is needed and maybe discover what I might want to do. Some vanity there , too. I battle with feeling vulnerable being slimmer, but still get a kick out of seeing the changes happening with my self.
  • Wakey618
    Wakey618 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    wabmester wrote: »
    Dog food!

LOL! Hush! :lol:

I LOL at that, too!! Notice I didn't put that on my list of motivators ;)