Daily Check In

Options
rumswood
rumswood Posts: 120 Member
Check in here for progress or general chit-chat.

Replies

• thejadegirl
    thejadegirl Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Today was week 4, day 3. Cardio! Blegh cardio 1 is my least favorite, but I kicked myself and did it! Not looking forward to cardio 2 next week
  • rumswood
    Options
    Today was week 1 day 4 for me. I'm still getting used to the flow but I did find it was a little easier. I am lo not a huge fan of cardio and I dreaded yesterday doing two Cardio workouts. Ugh. I don't mind the suicide runs and the arm circle kickouts though. My glutes are sore though, so something is going on, lol.
  • thejadegirl
    Options
    Today was week 4, day 4. This is the last time doing workout 3. I did really well! The first time I did workout 3 I made it through but wasnt able to do all the moves for the amount of time I was supposed to. Today I made it through without stopping! (And just about died, lol)

Tomorrow is the last day for workout 4, then Saturday is my last day for cardio 1. Yikes, phase 2 on Monday!
  • thejadegirl
    Options
    I'm taking my rest day today. Tomorrow is workout 4, then cardio 1 on sunday, then I'll be on to phase 2 on Monday!! I'll definitely post my phase 1 results when I do my weekly weigh-in/measure on Monday.
  • rumswood
    Options
    Today was week 1 phase 1 day 5. Still don't dug the Cardio but I decided to do the extra exercise for the first week. And tomorrow is cardio/cardio. Blech. Sunday is my rest day usually.
  • thejadegirl
    Options
    I don't like doing the cardio either lol. Not looking forward to cardio 2 next week.

I usually have my rest days on Sunday but my husband worked overnight last night and decided to sleep where I work out. I usually wake up before the kids to get in my workout. Since I couldnt work out in the morning I just decided to take an early rest day.
  • thejadegirl
    Options
    What weights has everyone been using? I only have 3s and 5s at the moment but have only been using the 5s since starting workouts 3 and 4.
  • Cheriels82
    Cheriels82 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    My first go round I used 1, 3, 5. I am now working with 5,10 and 15's
  • rumswood
    Options
    I use 8 and 10.
  • thejadegirl
    Options
    Awesome, maybe if I'm ready I'll get some 8s in a few weeks.

I did my last workout 4 today! Last cardio 1 tomorrow!
  • thejadegirl
    Options
    Did my last cardio 1 today. Phase 1 complete!

I'm scared and excited to see what phase 2 looks like. Also, tomorrow I'm going to measure/weigh and see if anything has changed. My clothes feel looser, but I'm not sure if I'm just psyching myself out, lol.

But I do have some more muscle for sure! I was lounging on the couch the other day and noticed how awesome my quads were! (I have never even noticed them before, haha)
  • rumswood
    Options
    I did week two day 1 today. I'm ashamed to say I slacked and let myself miss my cardio on Saturday and didn't do so hot eating this weekend. I was stressing out over my period being late. (Tmi? ) AF finally showed up. So I'm glad. Lol. I tried to make up for it by gardening outside yesterday and cleaning the crap out of my house. I'm glad to see we have a few people in each phase so we can tell each other what r expect. I think that helps. So far I feel good about this program but I feel like she could've stepped it up? I might eat those words later so I better keep my mouth shut haha. Either way my shoulders are tender today and my quads were letting me know they were working.
  • MarissaBlevins220
    MarissaBlevins220 Posts: 123 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I totally understand! The "Jumpstart" week kicked my butt... lol
  • thejadegirl
    Options
    Week 5, day 1. Officially in phase 2! Wow! Definitely tough, but I feel awesome. My triceps are definitely feeling it! I'm going to post my phase 1 results in the results thread!
  • Cheriels82
    Cheriels82 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Lmao. Ok you might be regretting those words. Workouts jump up in difficulty fast 3-4 to 5-6 like crazy. I can't even remember the rest at this point but I can tell you. I have survived and conquered body shred (60 days even harder than body revolution) and yet workout 5 circuit three of body revolution I tremble and cannot remember how I finish the fourth round let alone the moves in it , the moves may not but excessively more difficult it really is the sequencing. She does not let up.
    If you want a super challenge after this I recommend the body shred. Very hard very satisfying. I have tried but not been able to do most of the moves in the bonus CD of opus (it is all the moves at their hardest or most impossible-> like clapping/flying superman push ups, scissor side crow stands and the likes. just figuring how to hold half way into one of them was a huge success in my books ) don't stop pushing yourself!
  • thejadegirl
    Options
    I've read that body shred is a good follow-up to this program, so I plan on going to that next. From what I've seen (infomercials) its definitely at "wtf" level, which is why I'm starting with body rev lol
  • rumswood
    Options
    Today was day 2 week 2. For some reason this workout doesn't make me break much of a sweat, but I am definitely feeling some aftermath. I bought BodyShred as.well and plan to do that after I conquer this. I like hearing that it gets progressively harder because I want something that's going to push me and help me build and tone muscle/ melt this annoying fat off my body. I will admit that i havent been eating good because of PMSing and I am hating myself today.
  • MarissaBlevins220
    Options
    Don't hate yourself! I ate like complete crap 2 days ago, but yesterday I woke up and made a real effort to do better. I used to be really hard on myself and whenever I would have bad days I would just give up... you got this! Every day is a new day!
  • rumswood
    Options
    Yesterday was cardio D3W2. Today I'm about to hit D4W2. My eating has been crap this week, which I will attribute to AF being around. I'm trying to get back on my track but it seems like all I want is carbs, carbs, carbs. Grr.
  • MarissaBlevins220
    Options
    I totally understand, I haven't eaten the greatest this week, like...I probably shouldn't have drank an entire 6 pack of beer last night.... bahahaha
    But, in other news, I haven't missed any workouts, today is week 3, day 4! Woot! Bout to push play! Hope everyone has a great Thursday!