Daily Check In

Options

Replies

• MarissaBlevins220
    MarissaBlevins220 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Holy sweat storm!

Just finished Week 5, Day 4
    I love seeing progress so quickly, as Im able to do moves I was really struggling with at the beginning of the week.
    Today I also reached a short term goal of mine, I am officially under 180! I am so happy I could scream it from the mountaintops!!! :D
    Now, to keep pushing! I hope to lose another 5-7lbs before going out of town at the end of the month.

Hope everyone had a great workout today!
  • rumswood
    rumswood Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    @MarissaBlevins220 Wtg! ! That's awesome. I know how happy I was to finally break that 180 barrier I was under for what seemed like forever. That's great!
    Today was week 4 day 4 here and I sweated like a hog. I'm looking forward to the end of this phase and into phase 2!
    I did cheat jist to see and my waist is down 1in from starting this.
  • MarissaBlevins220
    Options
    Nice job @rumswood !
    Phase 2 is a hot sweaty mess! It sucks when I'm doing it, but feels great when I'm done!
  • thejadegirl
    thejadegirl Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I haven't been checking in, but I'm still here! Week 6, day 4. I was SUPPOSED to do workout 5 but I'm so sick of it that I just went up to workout 7. Feeling good! Almost halfway through phase 2!

@MelissaBlevins220 - my hips pop and crack like crazy too. Not sure if it's a postpartum thing (12 months pp here) because my hips popped a lot before my pregnancies too
  • rumswood
    Options
    Well I knocked out day 5 week 4 of phase 1 today. Last cardio on this one tomorrow and then rest on Sunday. Monday I'll begin phase 2! Woohoo!
    I'll post measurements. The scale hasn't moved much but my jeans were definitely fitting better.
  • MarissaBlevins220
    Options
    I am so bummed... just went to look at my first progress picks I took months ago....and I can't find any of them... phone/cloud backup... nowhere! Ugh! Now I only have pregnancy pictures to show my "before".... so annoyed... I'm never updating my stupid phone again! :/
  • rumswood
    Options
    I am so bummed... just went to look at my first progress picks I took months ago....and I can't find any of them... phone/cloud backup... nowhere! Ugh! Now I only have pregnancy pictures to show my "before".... so annoyed... I'm never updating my stupid phone again! :/
    That is super annoying! I did the same thing and had the sender thing happen a while back. It It was very upsetting because I lost alot of pictures.

Just completed phase 1! Woohoo! Monday I am looking forward to phase 2.☺
  • MarissaBlevins220
    Options
    So today was my Rest day, but yesterday I went on a 5 mile hike and worked at the animal hospital walking dogs, so I skipped my cardio. Today after work I was sitting around with my husband and I asked if he wanted to do Cardio 2 with me... he's the "can eat whatever he wants and still looks fit" type but, I was surprised when he said yes.... Totally annoyed when he acted like it was a piece of cake during the first circuit, and then totally satisfied and amused when we were both winded and sweating buckets by the end. It's always nice to have someone who is supportive and motivates you to do your best.... and it doesn't hurt to be a little competitive while you're at it!
    ....he just told me his legs hurt! ....I told him just wait till tomorrow.... :D:D:D
  • rumswood
    Options
    @MarissaBlevins220 that's great! ! My husband calls them sissy workouts but he has yet to take my challenge of trying it. Lol.

Today I just killed phase two workout 5!
    I have to say I enjoyed it! And Jillian is right. I'm stronger than I thought because I was able to do the pushups with the side plank move and it was hard but I did it! I was totally thinking i wouldn't be able to.
  • MarissaBlevins220
    Options
    Yeah, the first time doing workout 5, I really struggled with that one. I've never been good pushups, but it's amazing how much better I am at them now!

I'm on week 6, day 1 today, which I just realized that means I'm almost halfway! I've never stuck to any program this long. Thank you @rumswood @cheriels82 and @thejadegirl for hanging in there and keeping me inspired and motivated! You all rock!
  • thejadegirl
    Options
    First day of week 7 here! Dang, just when I thought I couldn't sweat more lol. Hard to believe that in two weeks, I'll be starting phase 3!

Today I also weighed/measured! I am still losing inches (though not as fast as I'd like. The mommy tummy is my mortal enemy) and I have officially lost just about 10 lbs altogether! (Actually 9.6 but I'm calling it 10!) I'm just 2 lbs away from my prepregnancy weight!
  • rumswood
    Options
    @MarissaBlevins220, Wtg for sticking with this. I almost gave up in the beginning because I wasn't sure it was going to be a challenge.
    But it is also the longest I've kept with something also. :smiley:
    @thejadegirl I am so jealous! I'm dying to get to prepregnancy weight. Granted I'm not too terribly far, but it's enough and I want to be there NOW! :weary:

Today was workout 6. Those reverse planks. Omg. I need a shower now lol. But it's all good. :sweat_smile:
  • thejadegirl
    Options
    Week 7, workout 8. Blah the sweat. Thank goodness I workout in the room with the AC. My boys (1 and 2.5) kept crawling all over me and my 1 year old kept biting me (he's teething, ouch!) But I managed to make it through!

@rumswood - this time around my pregnancy weight just stuck. A few months ago I was 20 pounds away and I was so annoyed - it was 6 or 7 months postpartum so I felt like I should have been able to be at prepregnancy weight at that time. But I was also eating a lot more than I needed, even while breastfeeding.

By the time I started eating better and joined mfp, I was about 12 pounds away. Would love to be there by the 4th of July! You'll get there too! And I don't know about you, but I'll definitely feel better when I get back to my prepregnancy weight because now I'll have some muscle too
  • Cheriels82
    Cheriels82 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Ok haven't posted in a bit and that makes me loose my thoughts in the workouts cause I have been auto piloting through them->as in my brain says jump do this do that cause my body says I am done how can we continue ?!? As I sweat and sweat and sweat. I don't remember why anymore but workouts 9 and 10 were super fun. Now that I am at 11 and 12 not so much fun cause they are HARD. I have never done so many varieties of push ups (never been my specialty ) and every exercise that has a left and right, you do left 30 sec and right 30 sec BACK TO BACK. as in not one set the first part and one set after cardio. And not one set a different move then the other side. I mean literally back to back = autopilot. I can do anything for 30 sex as Jillian says. But 1 min !?!!? Lol my mind says are you crazy, as always great sweat. Hope you guys are feeling strong and accomplished because it is something to do this program
  • thejadegirl
    Options
    Week 7. Day 3, cardio 2.

Blah I hate cardio but I actually like this one more than cardio 1. Maybe it's because I have more endurance lol.
  • rumswood
    Options
    Week 5 day 3, cardio 2. Holy crap she kicked my butt. My legs hurt so bad. I suspect it's because I've been biking also. But wow! That's a cardio workout!
    You can do anything for 30 seconds!
  • thejadegirl
    Options
    Took my rest day yesterday as I was sick. This morning I felt a little bit better and was able to complete (though very imperfectly, lol) week 7, day 4, workout 7. Can't believe that week 8 starts next week!

8 weeks is a goal of mine because of the whole "you notice a difference in 4 weeks, friends and family at 8 weeks, everyone else at 12 weeks," which I know is not always accurate but nice to shoot for. My husband doesn't know I've been working out/losing weight and if he's noticed that I've lost 10 pounds, he hasn't said anything yet. I'm hoping for a nice comment soon lol.

Though right now I'm completely happy noticing the changes myself. (Can we say, muscles that I didn't know I ever had?!)
  • MarissaBlevins220
    Options
    Oh man! @thejadegirl Husband's are so clueless
    ... don't get upset though if he doesnt say anything, I finally got irritated with mine, and he was like of course you can tell, and said that he was proud of me for sticking with it... if I hadn't of been rude, he would have never said anything lol....
    I've had a few non-scale victories recently though, like I jogged 5k and didn't die, also It's so much easier to squat down when I have the baby in the tub, and my husband's family came over the other day and asked if I had lost weight... it's the little things lol
  • rumswood
    Options
    Oh man! @thejadegirl Husband's are so clueless
    ... don't get upset though if he doesnt say anything, I finally got irritated with mine, and he was like of course you can tell, and said that he was proud of me for sticking with it... if I hadn't of been rude, he would have never said anything lol....
    I've had a few non-scale victories recently though, like I jogged 5k and didn't die, also It's so much easier to squat down when I have the baby in the tub, and my husband's family came over the other day and asked if I had lost weight... it's the little things lol
    Took my rest day yesterday as I was sick. This morning I felt a little bit better and was able to complete (though very imperfectly, lol) week 7, day 4, workout 7. Can't believe that week 8 starts next week!

8 weeks is a goal of mine because of the whole "you notice a difference in 4 weeks, friends and family at 8 weeks, everyone else at 12 weeks," which I know is not always accurate but nice to shoot for. My husband doesn't know I've been working out/losing weight and if he's noticed that I've lost 10 pounds, he hasn't said anything yet. I'm hoping for a nice comment soon lol.

Though right now I'm completely happy noticing the changes myself. (Can we say, muscles that I didn't know I ever had?!)

Yeah, don't get mad if he doesn't say anything. Husband's are like...not very observant sometimes and I also had to say something to mine.
    Today I tried to give myself an excuse not to workout, but the only reason I could come up was to do it because I'd regret it if I DIDN'T do it. Then I killed 3 miles on the recumbent bike and moved a bunch of stuff up and down the basement steps. :smiley:
  • rumswood
    Options
    & yes. I think non scale victories are better than scale victories because that's what keeps you going. :blush: