Daily Check In

Options

Replies

• thejadegirl
    thejadegirl Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hahaha, you guys are definitely right when it comes to husbands lol. A girl can dream though! I don't think I'd be mad if he didn't say anything - but it'd be nice if he did!

The NSVs are definitely what keeps me going too. And having (realistic) mini-goals and "big" goals. Not just scale goals, but goals like, "finish body revolution" lol or "lose another inch off the mommy tummy!"
  • rumswood
    rumswood Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    @thejadegirl lol. I know. Just once I wish I didn't have to prompt my husband to say something flattering. I guess words of affirmation aren't their strongest suite. :sigh:
  • rumswood
    Options
    Just knocked out day 6 - week 5- phase 2. Cardio. My shirt is totally drenched. :smiley:
  • Cheriels82
    Cheriels82 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Husbands !
  • Cheriels82
    Options
    Mine said nothing to me as I lost 75lbs from high baby weights (way more than I took on my pregnancies ) and yet when 5 lbs crept back and stayed he chose to mention, very kindly and tentatively but honestly!
    My hubby is a lean lanky farmer who needs to eat heaps of food to even maintain his weight, the kind of man who puts 1" of butter on bread (when we met I think I stared wide eyed at him eating bread ->we met at a friends dinner , he still asked for my number haha) he doesn't recognize how real the struggle is. Although he never spoke about my losses he showed his appreciation in other ways!o
  • Cheriels82
    Options
    My advice find an honest lady who tells it like it is and accept their kind remarks lol even my mother in law (in her almost back handed ways) made encouraging comments in my losses
  • thejadegirl
    Options
    Week 7, workout 8. So cardio 2 for tomorrow and then onto week 8!
  • thejadegirl
    Options
    Week 8, day 1!
  • iwillrise420
    iwillrise420 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Just finished workout 1 :)
  • MarissaBlevins220
    MarissaBlevins220 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I started week 7 today. Day one done!

I also wrote down all of my short and long term goals today. Which is something I've never actually done before. I made sure they were reasonable but it's definitely going to be a challenge. Even finishing this program is going to be a huge accomplishment for me. My husband stepped it up a notch and said once I hit my goal weight, he's gonna pull out $500 bucks and make me go buy some new clothes. (I absolutely hateshopping, so some new clothes are waaaay over due ) I started a workout journal/calender when I first started Body Revolution, and it's really helped hold me accountable and I actually really look forward to checking off each workout as I complete them and writing in extra activities like my hikes. Anyway, Ready to see what workout 8 has in store for me tomorrow! :#
  • thejadegirl
    Options
    Week 8, day 2! It's my TOM so I felt pretty crappy and bloated but I was still able to knock it out.
  • MarissaBlevins220
    Options
    Week 7, Day 2 done! Whew!
    Even my legs were sweating! It was a great workout ...even though my son decided to scream the entire time.... he's been super fussy all day, I think he's just starting to get teething pain (?) he just seems super tired and grouchy, which he's normally a very happy baby, and his naps aren't nearly as long, like he wakes up crying a lot...but, who knows....
    #FirstTimeMomProbs
  • rumswood
    Options
    Week 7, Day 2 done! Whew!
    Even my legs were sweating! It was a great workout ...even though my son decided to scream the entire time.... he's been super fussy all day, I think he's just starting to get teething pain (?) he just seems super tired and grouchy, which he's normally a very happy baby, and his naps aren't nearly as long, like he wakes up crying a lot...but, who knows....
    #FirstTimeMomProbs
    how old is he? That's how mine all acted when they started teething. Really red cheeks too.
    Week 8, day 2! It's my TOM so I felt pretty crappy and bloated but I was still able to knock it out.
    same here. Ugh. I just want to lay around and be a fatty. :tongue:
    Just finished workout 1 :)
    YAY! I'm happy to see we have a new member! Great job!

Well, I slacked today and I'm self loathing about it. I did spend most of the day doing housework to make up for being gone all day yesterday at the eye surgeon. I vowed that I will get up and do today's workout and tomorrow's cardio tomorrow so I'm not behind. And I will. I'm annoyed I let myself not do it. Grr.
    Yesterday I did stock up on future workouts lol. It would seem I'm kinda obsessed. Then my mother brought me a bunch of her workout dvds, which are all cardio dance and not really my style so I think I will donate them to our upcoming fitness challenge at church.

• MarissaBlevins220
    Options
    @rumswood he's a little over 4 months. I'm sure teething's the case, I just wish there was more I could do to help I guess... it's just hard to see him in pain and upset because he's always been so happy... I gave him some Tylenol to help him be comfortable enough to sleep, but I don't know how I would feel giving it to him all the time... I dunno... I'm open to any suggestions! :#
  • rumswood
    Options
    @rumswood he's a little over 4 months. I'm sure teething's the case, I just wish there was more I could do to help I guess... it's just hard to see him in pain and upset because he's always been so happy... I gave him some Tylenol to help him be comfortable enough to sleep, but I don't know how I would feel giving it to him all the time... I dunno... I'm open to any suggestions! :#

Hylands makes an all natural teething relief tablet. I haven't used them, so I can't attest to how well they work. I usually use ibuprofen/ acetaminophen whenever the need arises and I only give it on a strict as needed basis. My twins also have little chewie things. One is Sophie the giraffe and the other is Kiki the elephant. They're kinda like squeaky dog toys for babies, ha. They seem to enjoy gnawing on those. It's hard because teething is different for all babes and you just have to figure out what works with them. My girls get super cranky about it, and luckily their cheeks get bright red first thing, so I can act quickly before they become super angry. :#
  • thejadegirl
    Options
    @MarissaBlevins220 - I think around 4 months babies have a growth spurt, so that could be it too. My boys were always huge crank-pots during growth spurts. My 1 year old is teething now and is an angry mess :(

In other news, just finished cardio 2! So glad I got it over with. The other week I couldn't make it through all the burpees without stopping. Glad to say that now I can (barely)! One more day for cardio 2 and then I'm on to cardio 3 for next week :s
  • MarissaBlevins220
    Options
    Thanks for the advice ladies!

Workouts 7&8 currently have my upper body super sore, so I'm actually looking forward to cardio today.... except the burpees... not looking forward to that.... lol
    I'm about to push play! Hope everyone has a great sweat sesh!
  • rumswood
    Options
    Thanks for the advice ladies!

Workouts 7&8 currently have my upper body super sore, so I'm actually looking forward to cardio today.... except the burpees... not looking forward to that.... lol
    I'm about to push play! Hope everyone has a great sweat sesh!
    I hate the burpees. Ughhh.

Managed to make it through workout 6 and cardio 2 today. Not back to back though. I did them about 6 hours apart. Cardio 2 definitely kicks you in the rear. It also sucked because my ipod was dead and that makes the time go faster for me.

• MarissaBlevins220
    Options
    Week 7, Day 5 done!

I go out of town tomorrow for a week, I have my workout stuff packed. I know I might miss some workouts but I'm gonna do what I can and just keep logging. So we'll see how it goes at the in-laws!

Happy sweating!
  • Toneitup_jess
    Toneitup_jess Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I'm currently on week three of JMBR. I completed a round in late 2012 with a group of ladies here on MFP. I really believe that was the key to my success. I would love to join your group and make some pals! :)