100% Challenge - Mon 5/23 to Until - Join Anytime!

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member

07/19/2017 100%

Hi
    I did some walking , The temperature this morning was 78 on the news channel and 78 degrees on the front porch. Warmer than yesterday :( The humidity is up in what they are calling Tropical once again :(
    Day two of a three day heat wave :(
    It was still 89 degrees at 10PM last night.

I harvested some Blackberries this morning on my return.

Here is what I was watching Yesterday during Lunch and Dinner. One on YouTube and the other from Dailymotion. Both serve up videos and are IMO safe to use.
    I watched more 'Allo 'Allo! and Hi-de-Hi! today. Lots of laughs and who does not need a good laugh. In the Que to watch,
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/To_the_Manor_Born
    To the Manor Born is a BBC television sitcom that first aired on BBC1 from 1979 to 1981. A special edition appeared in 2007.Snipped
    In 1979, the last episode of the first series received 23.95 million viewers, the fourth-highest figures for any programme in the UK in the 1970s, and the highest for a non-live event.[33] The following year, 21.55 million people watched the last episode of series two, the fifth-highest viewing figure for the 1980s.[34] The final episode in 1981, when Audrey and Richard marry, received 17.80 million viewers.[13][35] The 2007 Christmas special garnered 10.25 million viewers and ranked as the 6th most watched programme in the UK for that week.[36]
    I also watched the Pilot episode of Eureka
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eureka_(U.S._TV_series)
    Eureka is an American science fiction television series that premiered on Syfy on July 18, 2006. The fifth and final season ended on July 16, 2012. The show was set in a fictional town of Eureka, Oregon (although, in the pilot episode, Eureka was located in Washington State

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo

07/20/2017 100%

Hi
    I did some walking + a Dime, The temperature this morning was 76 on the news channel and 74 degrees on the front porch. Warmer than yesterday :( The humidity is still up in what they are calling Tropical once again :(
    Day Three of a three day heat wave, with a possabiity of a 4th day :(

In the weird news category
    The 10 Most Popular Governors Are All Republican however
    Leah Barkoukis Posted: Jul 19, 2017 8:40 AM
    The top 10 are as follows:
    1. Charlie Baker (R-MA)
    2. Larry Hogan (R-MD)
    3. Matt Mead (R-WY)
    4. Doug Burgum (R-ND)
    5. Dennis Daugaard (R-SD)
    6. Kay Ivey (R-AL)
    7. Brian Sandoval (R-NV)
    8. Phil Scott (R-VT)
    9. Gary Herbert (R-UT)
    10. Bill Haslam (R-TN)
    While Republicans took the top spots in terms of popularity, they were also seven of the 10 least popular governors in the country.
    Republican New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie came in dead last, with 69 percent of Garden State residents disapproving of his job performance and only 25 percent approving.
    The survey of 195,000 registered voters was conducted from April 1 through July 10.

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo

07/21/2017 100%

Hi
    I did some walking, The temperature this morning was 79 on the news channel and 77 degrees on the front porch. Warmer than yesterday :( The humidity is up in what they are calling the Uncomfortable range and is higher than yesterday :(
    Day Four of a originally forecast to be Three day heat wave.

In the weird news category
    http://miami.cbslocal.com/2017/07/20/florida-man-bananas-shot-out-utility-workers-tires/

Florida Man Says He Went ‘Bananas,’ Shot Out Utility Workers’ Tires
    July 20, 2017 5:22 PM By Gary Nelson

HIALEAH (CBSMiami) — A Hialeah man admitted to police he went “bananas” and opened fire on utility trucks in order to stop them from leaving in front of his home.

Jorge Jove, 64, who confessed to firing as many as 18 shots into two AT&T work trucks, and allegedly fired at one worker, was released straight from jail on bond Thursday without having to go before a judge.

One of the utility workers, from a short distance away, recorded with his cell phone Wednesday as Jove, a retired firefighter, police say, went ballistic, upset that the trucks parked on his front swale and driveway and did not move quickly enough when he asked them to.

On the video, you can hear a worker calling 911 as Jove fires over and over again into the trucks, loading his high-powered revolver three times.

“Somebody is up in the bucket right now and they can’t come down because he’s shooting the truck,” one of the workers told 911.

Arriving police reported that they saw Jove fire at the man in the bucket at the top of a utility pole. Jove was booked on multiple counts of aggravated assault with a firearm. A police report says he told detectives that “he went bananas and wanted to stop (the workers) from leaving.”

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo

07/22/2017 100%

Hi
    I did some walking, The temperature this morning was 71 on the news channel and 73 degrees on the front porch. It is cooler than yesterday, The humidity is still up in what they are calling the Uncomfortable range and is uncomfortable.

I listened to the last 5 minutes of the second book of the Larry Niven 5 book Science Fiction Ringworld Series. That Makes Ringworld and Ringworld Engineers done, Ringworld Throne, Next up as soon as I load it into iTunes for the iPod.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ringworld_series
    Ringworld series
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Ringworld series (1970–2012), by science fiction author Larry Niven, is a part of his Known Space set of stories. Its backdrop is the Ringworld, a giant artifact 600 million miles in circumference around a sun. The series is composed of five standalone science fiction novels, the original award-winning book and its four sequels:

1970: Ringworld
    1980: The Ringworld Engineers
    1996: The Ringworld Throne
    2004: Ringworld's Children
    2012: Fate of Worlds (by Niven and Edward M. Lerner)

Fate of Worlds is also a sequel to the four books of the Fleet of Worlds series, set in the same "Known Space" universe and all written by Niven and Edward M. Lerner:

2007: Fleet of Worlds
    2008: Juggler of Worlds
    2009: Destroyer of Worlds
    2010: Betrayer of Worlds

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo

07/23/2017 100%

Hi
    I did some walking, The temperature this morning was 71 on the news channel and 70 degrees on the front porch. It is cooler than yesterday.
    There was some light rain when I got up, By the time I was ready to go walking wearing a rain gear jacket the Rain was gone. So Out I went and walked. It is still gloomy and probably it will be raining later today and into tomorrow morning according to the Weather forecast I watched before walking.

Heading into the evening Sunday I watched Two episodes of GoodNight Sweetheart and a Episode of 'Allo 'Allo
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goodnight_Sweetheart_(TV_series)
    Goodnight Sweetheart is a British sitcom that ran for six series on BBC1 from 1993 to 1999 and a special that aired on 2 September 2016. It starred Nicholas Lyndhurst as Gary Sparrow, an accidental time traveller who leads a double life after discovering a time portal allowing him to travel between the London of the 1990s and the same area during the Second World War.

http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/whats-healthiest-thing-eat-mcdonalds/?utm_source=mfp&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=weekly20170710
    What’s the Healthiest Thing to Eat at McDonald’s?
    By Elle Penner, MPH, RD June 26, 2017
    With 14,155 restaurants in the United States alone, and 22,744 additional locations outside of the U.S., McDonald’s is arguably the most well-known fast-food chain in the world. And, if you’re taking a road trip, this summer it can be difficult to resist the siren call of fast-food convenience.

While known for its burgers, fries and shakes, you don’t need to blow your calorie budget on a Big Mac Extra Value Meal. These five options, at 420 calories or less, complete with ordering tips from a dietitian, can help you eat healthier the next time you find yourself under those golden arches.

HEALTHIEST BREAKFASTS

EGG MCMUFFIN
    MBvR13.jpg
    Nutrition stats: 300 calories, 12g fat, 30g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 3g sugar, 18g protein

Why it made the cut: Coming in right at 300 calories, this breakfast sandwich contains 18 grams of satiating protein and 2 grams of fiber.

Dietitian’s tip: Opting out of the processed cheese slashes 50 calories and 190 milligrams of sodium. Skipping the Canadian bacon spares you another 200 milligrams of sodium but you also lose 4 grams of protein.

FRUIT AND MAPLE OATMEAL, HOLD THE BROWN SUGAR & DRIED FRUIT
    Nutrition stats: 190 calories, 4g fat, 33g carbs, 4g fiber, 3g sugar, 6g protein
    Why it made the cut: Topped with fresh apples and a splash of cream, this unsweetened oatmeal provides 4 grams of fiber and only 3 grams of sugar. At 190 calories it makes a great light breakfast or snack option.

HEALTHIEST LUNCHES & DINNERS
    BACON RANCH GRILLED CHICKEN SALAD WITH 1/2 PACKET RANCH DRESSING
    Nutrition stats: 420 calories, 22g fat, 14g carbs, 4g fiber, 6g sugar, 43g protein
    Why it made the cut: At just over 400 calories, this salad offers 4 grams fiber and 43 grams of protein, not to mention a whole lot of nutrient-rich veggies.

SOUTHWEST GRILLED CHICKEN SALAD WITH 1/2 PACKET SOUTHWEST DRESSING, HOLD THE CILANTRO-LIME GLAZE
    Nutrition stats: 360 calories, 13g fat, 24g carbs, 5g fiber, 7g sugar, 38g protein
    Why it made the cut: With 25% of your daily intake for fiber, this veggie-filled salad is the highest in fiber of all McDonald’s salads and provides plenty of satiating protein, too.

PICO GUACAMOLE GRILLED CHICKEN SANDWICH ON A SESAME SEED BUN, HOLD THE CHEESE
    Nutrition Stats: 420 calories, 14g fat, 38g carbs, 3g fiber, 7g sugar, 36g protein

Why it made the cut: At 420 calories this is a hearty, protein-packed sandwich that also brings some healthy fats to the table thanks to the guacamole topping. The lettuce and pico de gallo add a few extra veggies.
    More information by following the NS Link I posted.

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited July 2017

07/23/2017 100%

Hi
    I did some walking, The temperature this morning was 62 on the news channel and 64 degrees on the front porch. It is cooler than yesterday.
    There was no rain when I got up, It had

http://nypost.com/2017/07/23/driving-too-much-is-bad-for-your-brain-study/
    Driving too much is bad for your brain
    By Laura Italiano July 23, 2017 | 12:34am
    Spending a lot of time driving may actually put your brain in reverse.
    A new British study found that spending more than two hours a day behind the wheel steadily lowers IQ, especially in middle-aged drivers, according to the Sunday Times of London.
    Driving is physically and mentally sedentary and can cause stress and fatigue, all factors in brain decline, experts told the newspaper.
    “Staying mentally and physically active helps keep our brains healthy, so it is not surprising,” researcher Rosa Sancho said.

http://nypost.com/2017/07/23/man-ordered-to-pay-65k-in-child-support-for-kid-who-isnt-his/
    Man ordered to pay $65K in child support for kid who isn’t his
    A Texas man is battling a court order that mandates he must pay tens of thousands in child support for a child whom he did not biologically father and whom he met only once.
    In 2003, a child support court in Texas ruled that Gabriel Cornejo, 45, had to pay child support to his ex-girlfriend, who had recently given birth, because she vowed there was no way he wasn’t the rightful dad.
    Cornejo, who is currently raising three children of his own and two nephews, claimed he was not made aware of this and only found out about the child support payments last year when a deputy served him with court papers claiming that the state of Texas lists him as having another child. He soon met the minor for the first and only time — describing her as a “wonderful girl” — but after taking a DNA test, learned she was not his after all.
    Only Cornejo’s ex-girlfriend and the state still want the $65,000 in back payments.
    “I never thought in my whole life I would have to defend myself of something that I am innocent of,” he said.
    Texas’ family code, chapter 161, states that even if one is not the biological father, they still owe support payments that accrued before the paternity test proved otherwise. In Cornejo’s case, that amounts to some $65,000.
    His ex-girlfriend’s attorney, Carel Stith, claimed that money was taken out of Cornejo’s paycheck several years ago and he didn’t contest it, and that in itself can satisfy a court argument that he should have handled the matter long ago.
    “There can be consequences, even if you don’t do anything,” Stith told local news.
    Cornejo and his attorney, Cheryl Coleman, must now persuade a judge to reopen the case — as the original court order cannot be amended. If that doesn’t happen, he must pay up or face time behind bars.
    The case is due back in court next month.

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo

07/25/2017 100%

Hi
    I did some walking + 2 cents, The temperature this morning was 67 on the news channel and 66 degrees on the front porch. It is somewhat warmer than yesterday.

https://www.indy100.com/article/weight-loss-dieting-healthier-eating-breakfast-7855486
    How eating a big breakfast helps you lose weight, according to science
    Posted Sunday 23 July 2017 13:00 by Joe Vesey-Byrne in discover
    Breakfast foods are the best foods, as anyone who has ever had cereal for an evening meal will testify.
    Same goes for night toast.
    New research from a seven year study suggests making breakfast your biggest meal of the day, is the key to a healthier weight.
    More than 50,000 study participants over the age of 30 from the US and Canada were monitored in health surveys. The data was then analyzed by researchers at Loma Linda University, California.
    The study found that not skipping breakfast, and having a larger meal at breakfast time, were associated with a decrease in Body Mass Index.
    The significant decrease was relative to those who had dinner as the largest meal of the day.
    It's worth stating that BMI is by no means the best measure of weight, or healthiness, but other studies have suggested that skipping meals is bad for your waistline and your health.
    Nevertheless the large breakfast would suggest a person is less likely to snack between meals, and stick to a proper meal plan.
    The study also found a link between meal timings and a decrease in BMI.
    It concluded that proper fasts between meal times, such as five to six hours between breakfast and lunch, and 18 hours between dinner and the following breakfast, would help decrease BMI.
    Its findings were published in the Journal of Nutrition.

This one was interesting, I just do not know.

Revealed: Whopping 73 Percent of CBO's 'Lost Coverage' Estimate Comes From Individual Mandate Repeal
    Guy Benson Posted: Jul 24, 2017 10:25 AM
    Conservative healthcare policy wonk Avik Roy, a strong supporter of the imperiled Senate healthcare bill, wrote an eye-opening analysis over the weekend. He examined and applied leaked data in order to demonstrate how the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office would score any GOP Obamacare replacement bill as "denying" coverage to at least 16 million Americans. That's due to CBO's fanatical belief in the power of the existing law's individual mandate tax, an article of faith to which they've clung, despite hard contradictory evidence. For the first time, Roy is able to reveal exactly how heavily -- and dubiously -- CBO leans on the strength the individual mandate in producing its coverage numbers. This is vitally important context for the current healthcare debate, both in terms of swatting down Democrats' favorite attack line, as well addressing as moderate Republicans' top hesitancy. He begins by noting the bizarre stability of Congressional bookkeepers' "lost" coverage figures, no matter how vastly various Republican-backed 'repeal and replace' measures may differ:

In the national debate over the GOP health reform proposals, one data point has stood out above all others: the estimate, from the Congressional Budget Office, that more than 20 million people would “lose” coverage as a result. And there’s been an odd consistency to the CBO’s projections. Do you want to repeal every word of Obamacare and replace it with nothing? CBO says 22 million fewer people would have health insurance. Do you prefer replacing Obamacare with a system of flat tax credits, in which you get the same amount of assistance regardless of your financial need? CBO says 23 million fewer people would have health insurance. Do you prefer replacing Obamacare with means-tested tax credits, like the Senate bill does, in which the majority of the assistance is directed to those near or below the poverty line? CBO says 22 million fewer people would have health insurance. 22 million, 23 million, 22 million—these numbers are remarkably similar even though the three policies I describe above are significantly different. Why is that?

It should be noted that CBO's score of a repeal-only measure under which Obamacare's regulations remained in place pegged this number significantly higher, at 32 million. Roy goes on to use previously-unpublished data to highlight precisely how individual-mandate-centric (and therefore unreliable) CBO's coverage calculations are:

Thanks to information that was leaked to me by a congressional staffer, we now have the answer. Nearly three-fourths of the difference in coverage between Obamacare and the various GOP plans derives from a single feature of the Republican bills: their repeal of Obamacare’s individual mandate. But the CBO has never published a year-by-year breakout of the impact of the individual mandate on its coverage estimates. But CBO has developed its own estimates of that impact, during work it did last December to estimate the effects of repealing the individual mandate as a standalone measure. Based on those estimates, of the 22 million fewer people who will have health insurance in 2026 under the Senate bill, 16 million will voluntarily drop out of the market because they will no longer face a financial penalty for doing so: 73 percent of the total. As you can see in the above chart, two factors—repealing Obamacare’s individual mandate and the CBO’s outdated March 2016 baseline—explain nearly all of the CBO-scored coverage difference between GOP bills and Obamacare.

gRcaoC.png

Those blue lines merely remind us of how strikingly inaccurate CBO's original expectations were. The red line is the "outdated baseline" that they are still using to score Republican legislation, despite the light green line, representing real-life sign-ups. Just consider the 2017 data points alone: Three years ago, CBO anticipated that Obamacare would enroll 24 million consumers on the exchanges this year. Last year, that estimate had fallen to 15 million. The real number? 10.3 million and falling, quite likely dipping to around nine million by the end of this year. That's a six million person misfire that's built into CBO's analysis of the GOP bills. That's indefensible.

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo

07/17/2017 100%

Hi
    I did some walking , The temperature this morning was 74 on the news channel and 73 degrees on the front porch. The humidity is up in what they are calling Tropical once again :(

I have been getting some Raspberries, Probably where the critters can not reach them. I also had Blackberries Yesterday and This Morning, Same probability for their survival on the plant.

My Laundry was placed in the washer on the way out walking and currently is in the dryer :)

Not a Good idea
    6LK0hB.jpg

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4019696/golden-retriever-gave-birth-green-puppy-pictures/
    MUCKY PUP Dog owner stunned after her golden retriever gave birth to a GREEN puppy
    oJOhyk.jpg
    scvN69.jpg

Three-year-old Rio gave birth to nine puppies but when one came out mint green Louise Sutherland was gobsmacked
    By John Shammas, 14th July 2017, 2:24 pm, Updated: 16th July 2017, 1:35 am
    A DOG owner couldn’t believe what she was seeing when her golden retriever gave birth to a GREEN puppy.
    Her beloved pet Rio, aged three, gave birth last week to nine puppies – but when one came out mint green Louise Sutherland was stunned.
    The rare occurrence is only known to have happened only three times before in the world.

More Info by following the link.

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    07/27/2017 100%
    [/COLOR] [/B] [/size]
    Hi
    I did some walking, The temperature this morning was 68 on the news channel and 65 degrees on the front porch.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/national/giant-spider-traps-sunshine-coast-couple-in-their-own-home/news-story/ac2db5fc3532aed0670ba0520d909588?nk=7d06dc2286b530ee2cb2943b2c64c97e-1501155686
    Giant spider ‘traps’ Sunshine Coast couple in their own home
    Rachel Lang, Sunshine Coast Daily July 26, 2017 11:07am
    A MASSIVE spider is on the loose on the Sunshine Coast - and he’s angry.
    Mount Coolum resident Lauren Ansell had the shock of her life when she came across the gigantic arachnid at her home on Sunday night.
    Ms Ansell told The Sunshine Coast Daily that the spider looked as big as a grown
    https://theviolinchannel.com/woman-arrested-japan-trashing-million-violin-collection/
    Woman Arrested in Japan Over Allegedly Destroying $1 Million Violin Collection [VIDEO]
    A woman has been arrested in Nagoya, Japan accused of allegedly violently trashing a collection of 54 violins and 70 string bows in 2014
    July 26, 2017
    http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/health/833292/longer-life-brain-cells-ageing-control-health
    How to live longer: Brain cells that control AGEING have been discovered
    THE brain cells that control ageing have been discovered offering the hope of people living longer.
    06:01, Thu, Jul 27, 2017 | UPDATED: 11:25, Thu, Jul 27, 2017

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo

07/27/2017 Not 100%

Hi
    I did some walking, The temperature this morning was 73 on the news channel and 70 degrees on the front porch. It is Warmer and more humid than yesterday, I worked up a light sweat today :(
    On my return I fixed the oven. I had guessed that the Baking Element had died since the Broil element was still working. We had observed that the Baking element had developed a Brighter than the rest of the element spot.
    I ordered a replacement from Amazon for a little bit under $20. Remove two screws and unplug two wires after Turning off the Circuit breaker and double checking the Connectors with a Fluke meter and reversing the process and Voila it now glows a Nice orange again :)
    Knock wood that it keeps working as the Cheap element is a Made in China Copy.

Social Media made him do it :)
    http://www.14news.com/story/35945566/man-drives-112-mph-trying-to-do-a-snapchat
    Man drives 112 mph trying to do a Snapchat
    ALPHARETTA, GA (WSB/CNN) - Police said a man's attempt to show off to his friends on social media landed him in jail.
    Police said they pulled Malon Neal over Tuesday night after clocking him going 112 mph in a 65-mph zone.
    Dash cam video showed an officer running radar on Georgia 400 Tuesday night when a car went flying by.
    When the officer pulled over 28-year-old Neal, he made a stunning admission.
    "The reason I stopped you is I'd love to see where you're heading in such a hurry," the officer said.
    "I'm trying do a Snapchat. I'm not going to lie to you," Neal responded.
    "A what?" the officer questioned.
    "A Snapchat," Neal replied.
    "We always like when people tell us the truth," George Gordon with the Alpharetta Department of Public Safety said.
    Neal's candor coupled with that speed, landed him in cuffs.

"You're being placed under arrest for driving that fast man. Reckless driving. 112 mph in a 65. Can't be doing that, man," the officer said."It's reckless endangerment to the motoring public."
    Cullen Chen was taking his street racer to a show when he was told about the arrest.
    "I know people do that all the time trying to show off to their friends. That's just irresponsible," Chen said.
    Chen's car can surpass 112 mph.
    "When I hit it, it's not around people. I'm pretty safe about it. Never on Snapchat,” Chen said.

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo

07/28/2017 Not 100%

Hi
    I did some walking, The temperature this morning was 72 on the news channel and 70 degrees on the front porch. It had drizzled before I left for my walk, The street was wet except under the trees. It also drizzled on me off and on while I was out walking.

I got semi lucky today, I checked three lottery tickets out of four, the fourth draws tonight. I did Cash in the lone winner for $35 after checking them.

I watched a hilarious episode of 'Allo 'Allo yesterday. I think I may start working on getting episodes of the British Comedy "Man About The House" converted from the DVD to a better format for my media Player.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_About_the_House
    Man About the House
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    1t3joL.jpg
    Man About the House is a British sitcom starring Richard O'Sullivan, Paula Wilcox and Sally Thomsett, with Yootha Joyce and Brian Murphy, that was broadcast for six series on ITV from 15 August 1973 to 7 April 1976. It was created and written by Brian Cooke and Johnnie Mortimer. The series was considered daring at the time due to its subject matter of a man sharing a flat with two single women. It was made by Thames Television and recorded at its Teddington studio in Greater London. It is regularly repeated on ITV3.

Two spin-off series were later made: George and Mildred and Robin's Nest. In 2004, it came 69th in a poll to find Britain's Best Sitcom. The series was remade in the United States as Three's Company in 1977. A film version was released in 1974.

Have a Great Saturday
    Roger
  • RogerToo

07/30/2017 Not 100%

Hi
    I did some walking, The temperature this morning was 64 on the news channel and 62 degrees on the front porch.
    It was pleasant walking this morning.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo

07/30/2017 100%

Hi
    I did some walking, The temperature this morning was 66 on the news channel and 64 degrees on the front porch.
    It was pleasant walking this morning.
    Yesterday I fixed one of the showers. The Pipe that comes out of the wall to old the Diverter that diverts between the Shower Head and the Hand wand had corroded at the end where the diverter attaches and was leaking. I ordered a New Pipe and when I went to change it the pipe broke off at the fitting in the wall :( So I ordered a set of Easy Outs and they worked to remove the broken off end of the pipe. Some Teflon Tape on the new pipe to prevent leaks and all is now installed and working again.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/07/28/ferrari-driver-crashes-288000-supercar-just-an-hour-after-purchase.html
    Ferrari driver wrecks supercar just an hour after he bought it
    Owner had possession of car for just one hour
    Car one of only 499 ever built
    Police believe excess speed not a factor
    David Reid | @cnbcdavy Friday, 28 Jul 2017 | 11:46 AM ET

A driver in the United Kingdom has destroyed his Ferrari supercar in an accident after owning it for just one hour.
    Police in South Yorkshire said the driver was able to walk away with just cuts and bruises after the Ferrari 430 "went airborne and burst into flames" in South Yorkshire on Thursday.
    xWEh5E.jpg
    It's unclear what he paid for the car, but it was one of only 499 ever sold with an original list price of $288,000. These cars currently fetch between $80,000 to $220,000 according to one dealer.
    In a statement on Facebook police added: "Officers asked the driver what sort of car he 'had' to which he replied 'It was a Ferrari'."
    "Detecting a sense of damaged pride he then said 'I've only just got it, picked it up an hour ago'."
    The Ferrari 430 Scuderia can reach 60 miles per hour in 3.3 seconds and has a reported top speed of 198 miles per hour.
    But in an update Friday, police said they "do not believe excess speed was a contributory factor in this collision."

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo

07/31/2017 100%

Hi
    I did some walking, The temperature this morning was 72 on the news channel and 69 degrees on the front porch.
    It was semi pleasant walking this morning.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-4739766/Low-energy-LED-lightbulbs-giving-HEADACHES.html
    By Victoria Allen Science Correspondent For The Daily Mail
    Published: 09:48 EDT, 28 July 2017 | Updated: 17:46 EDT, 28 July 2017
    Low energy LED lightbulbs could be giving us all HEADACHES because they flicker too much, expert warns

http://khn.org/news/double-booked-when-surgeons-operate-on-two-patients-at-once/
    Double-Booked: When Surgeons Operate On Two Patients At Once
    By Sandra G. Boodman July 12, 2017
    July 28, 2017 / 8:50 PM / 3 days ago
    Honolulu targets 'smartphone zombies' with crosswalk ban

You can visit the links for details.

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo

081/2017 100%

Hi
    I did some walking, The temperature this morning was 74 on the news channel and 73 degrees on the front porch.
    It was semi pleasant walking this morning with humidity in the uncomfortable range. It also drizzled on me while I was walking too.

http://www.cnsnews.com/blog/annabel-scott/1332-counties-will-have-only-one-health-insurer-option-under-obamacare-2018
    1,332 Counties Will Have Only One Health Insurer Option Under Obamacare in 2018
    By Annabel Scott | July 31, 2017 | 10:58 AM EDT

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article164576067.html
    Lawrence man arrested twice in one day for naked Sunday strolls down Mass Street

By Sarah Gish
    July 31, 2017 2:00 PM
    A 34-year-old man was arrested twice on Sunday afternoon for walking naked through downtown Lawrence, causing a stir among the shops and restaurants.

“Jaws dropped,” says Sophie Milstein, a server at 715 Restaurant, at 715 Massachusetts St. “It was from a movie or something.”

According to police, Christopher Steven Carlson of Lawrence was first taken into custody at around 2 p.m. Sunday on Massachusetts near Ninth Street. He was cited for indecent exposure, fined $500 and released.

Within minutes, photos started circulating on Snapchat and Facebook. An image of a bearded man walking nude past Garry Gribble’s Running Sports, 839 Massachusetts St., was posted to the Facebook page Lawrence KS Community & Police Scanner, and had more than 900 shares by noon on Monday.
    “It’s one thing to streak, run, jog,” another man posted. “But to stroll, walk, electric slide — c’mon, man.”

According to police, Carlson was cited again for indecent exposure and theft of services at around 4:30 p.m. Sunday, when he was spotted sans clothes on West 10th Street just west of Massachusetts. The police were called after a driver with Ground Transportation Services reported that he had taken a 34-year-old man from the Douglas County Jail to downtown.

According to a police report, the driver said the man didn’t have money to pay his fare, “took off his clothes and left the vehicle.”

https://www.axios.com/many-americans-are-too-drugged-out-to-work-2467304330.html
    Steve LeVine Jul 30
    Many Americans are too drugged-out to work

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo

08/02/2017 100%

Hi
    I did some walking, The temperature this morning was 70 on the news channel and 66 degrees on the front porch.
    It was semi pleasant walking this morning with humidity in the uncomfortable range. We had a series of Thunderstorms pass through Wednesday Evening. Parts of NJ Had over 2 inches of rain.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/brain-burn-fat-on-switch-meal-scientists-find-weight-loss-health-diet-eating-a7871366.html
    Brain 'on switch' for burning fat after meal discovered by scientists
    The finding could eventually lead to breakthrough treatments for obesity
    Andrew Griffin

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/01/four-major-us-cities-ring-housing-bubble-alarm.html
    Four major US cities ring housing bubble alarm
    Home prices in Denver, Houston, Miami and the Washington, D.C., metro area are now considered overvalued.
    Some previously hot markets, such as San Francisco and the New York City metropolitan area, are cooling down.
    Low mortgage rates are keeping the market affordable from a monthly perspective, but affordability will likely become a much bigger challenge in the coming years.
    Diana Olick 21 Hours Ago

https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/crime-courts/2017/07/31/entire-sand-point-police-department-quits/
    This Aleutian town has lost its entire police department
    Author: Michelle Theriault Boots clock Updated: 22 hours ago calendar Published 1 day ago

Tuesday 1 August 2017 17:51 BST

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo

08/03/2017 100%

Hi
    I did some walking + 10 Cents, The temperature this morning was 73 on the news channel and 73 degrees on the front porch.
    It was semi pleasant walking this morning with humidity in the uncomfortable range.
    We had a thunderstorm roll through yesterday afternoon and another one this morning Before I went for my coffee.

I'm not sure how I feel about this one, it depends on how they are doing it.
    http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2017/08/01/school-district-launches-high-tech-way-to-track-students/
    School District Launches High-Tech Way To Track Students
    August 1, 2017 6:42 PM By Yona Gavino

For someone pushing a green agenda this seems wrong IMO
    http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/02/exclusive-al-gores-home-devours-34-times-more-electricity-than-average-u-s-household/
    EXCLUSIVE: Al Gore’s Home Devours 34 Times More Electricity Than Average U.S. Household
    Drew Johnson Senior Fellow, National Center for Public Policy Research
    10:39 AM 08/02/201
    Excerpt:
    On Friday, Al Gore’s sequel to “An Inconvenient Truth” – “An Inconvenient Sequel: Truth to Power” – arrives in movie theaters across the country. But there’s another inconvenient sequel worth noting and, like most sequels, this one is even worse than the original.

Gore’s hypocritical home energy use and “do as I say not as I do” lifestyle has plunged to embarrassing new depths.

In just this past year, Gore burned through enough energy to power the typical American household for more than 21 years, according to a new report by the National Center for Public Policy Research. The former vice president consumed 230,889 kilowatt hours (kWh) at his Nashville residence, which includes his home, pool and driveway entry gate electricity meters. A typical family uses an average of 10,812 kWh of electricity per year, according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration.

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo

08/04/2017 100%

Hi
    I did some walking once again, The temperature this morning was 76 on the news channel and 72 degrees on the front porch.
    It was semi pleasant walking this morning with humidity still in the uncomfortable range.
    We had a thunderstorm roll through yesterday afternoon and another one this morning Before I went walking for my coffee. It appears that there was a lot of rain overnight. I did get hit with a couple of drizzles while walking, They were not enough to make me put on the disposable rain poncho.

It just seems like some people have gone wack-a-doodle with this one.
    https://patch.com/california/hollywood/fido-fluffy-are-hurting-environment-ucla-study-says
    Fido And Fluffy Are Ruining The Environment, UCLA Study Says
    America's beloved dogs and cats play a significant role in causing global warming, according to a new study by UCLA.
    By Paige Austin (Patch Staff) - Updated August 3, 2017 3:14 pm ET
    LOS ANGELES, CA — When it comes to global warming, Fido and Fluffy are part of the problem, a new study by UCLA indicates.

Most cat or dog lovers would say they can't imagine living in a world without pets, but as the threat of global warming increases, environmentally conscious pet lovers may need to make some tough choices, according to the study.

Pet ownership in the United States creates about 64 million tons of carbon dioxide a year, UCLA researchers found. That's the equivalent of driving 13.6 million cars for a year. The problem lies with the meat-filled diets of kitties and pooches, according to the study by UCLA geography professor Gregory Okin.
    You can visit the link for the rest of the article.

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo

08/05/2017 100%

Hi
    I did some walking once again, The temperature this morning was 64 on the news channel and 61 degrees on the front porch.
    It was semi pleasant walking this morning with humidity still in the uncomfortable range.

While out walking I stopped for 20 minutes and had two Eggs, Rye Toast and a few of the Home Fries :)
    That will be my entire mornings food.

I'm a little behind posting this info...
    Thursday I went to add some things to the iPod and no luck. So I tried uninstalling several ways one of which was the Apple way that uninstalls many things, in addition I removed all the left behind apple folders. Nope, Then I tried doing all that again plus editing every reference to Apple and Itunes in the Registry using built-in to windows a Microsoft tool and still no joy. Finally three hours later I threw in the towel and called Apple support :)
    It turned out to be a unchecked box that I had never touched. My guess is that the latest upgrade may have done it.

Now that I was able to put the new items into the iPod I am currently listening to Niven's 4 book Dreampark Scf-Fi series while walking having finished his Ringworld Sci-Fi series.
    If interested https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dream_Park
    More info from the link
    Dream Park is a 1981 novel written by Larry Niven and Steven Barnes set in a futuristic amusement park of the same name. It was later expanded into a series of books.

The books describe a futuristic form of live action role-playing games (LARPs), although the term was not in use when the original novel was published. The novels inspired many LARP groups, notably the International Fantasy Games Society, named after a fictional entity in the book.[1] A company by the name of Dream Park was founded in the mid-1990s to try to realize as much of Dream Park as possible, but eventually went out of business.[citation needed]

The Dream Park novels were written by Larry Niven and Steven Barnes. The novels set in Dream Park are:

Dream Park (1981) - Locus Award nominee, 1982[2]
    The Barsoom Project (1989)
    The California Voodoo Game (1992)
    The Moon Maze Game (2011)

The Dream Park series is set in a near-future Earth, the first book taking place in March 2051. Technology is used to create realistic games in which participants act out the roles of free-willed protagonists in various stories. These are role-playing games and foreshadowed many aspects of modern live action role-playing games.

I use Mozilla Thunderbird for email...
    Many Emails I hold the Shift key while hitting the delete key for permanent deletion. If not sure I only use the delete key and they go to a trash folder, just in case. Others I archive in a new folder within Thunderbird.

I also use a program called "MozBackup" That Backs up all the Content and settings etc. Customizable as to what You want to Back. I use it to back up FireFox and Thunderbird into two backups that can also be used to move everything to a new computer, restore the firefox backup for example and The favorites and save passwords are and add ins are ready to go in the new install, likewise with the Thunderbird backups.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo

08/06/2017 100%

Hi
    I did some walking once again, The temperature this morning was 68 on the news channel and 65 degrees on the front porch.
    It was pleasant walking this morning until it drizzled on me. There is heavy rain in the forecast for today with predicted totals from 1/4 inch to 2 inches depending on where You are in NJ with the lightest being in the Northwest corner and the heaviest being in Southern NJ.

Have a Great Monday
    Roger