Check In

Options

Replies

• VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    Options
    Hi happy February everyone!
    Gonna try to be here more this month and to use the spreadsheet.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    The next week is going to be difficult. I would really like to indulge and not care on Sunday during Superbowl. But next Mon-Thurs AM, I will be out of town. It will be all eating out at a cafeteria with limited options. No electronics allowed which means no logging and no scale (if I even wanted to take one, which I don't). I will just have to do my best under the circumstances but I think that means I really should be good on Sunday. Sigh.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    @VeryKatie Happy February!

@puffbrat Considering the Superbowl is only once a year, you could indulge a little and still keep it within reason or just enjoy the day and do the best you can for the rest of the week to sort of offset it. I'm sure you can make the limited options work especially since it's not what you eat but how much. Something else to think about is if being more controlled on Sunday is going to make you feel deprived for the rest of the week will that then make you more likely to eat more the following days? I know that you can stick to whatever you decide, it really just comes down on the best course of action for you. It definitely sucks having to pick and choose but I'm also a firm believer in enjoying the process and life along the way as being in a deficit can be pretty suck-y on it's own. I hope you enjoy your weekend either way!
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    Thanks @WifiresGettingFit! A lot of good thoughts and questions. I think I'm going to indulge Sunday evening but not quite as much as originally planned. I have cheese, crackers, grapes and carrots for snacks. Homemade meatball subs and Dr Pepper for dinner. Cream cheese brownies and ice cream for dessert. I figure if I eat more normally earlier in the day and go for walk I can offset it a little. I'm going to try to find my nice weight loss journal I barely used 1.5 years ago and take that on my trip. Even if Zi don't have access to nutrition info, just journaling what I eat should help me make reasonable choices.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @puffbrat You're welcome, sounds like a good plan to me! All the food sounds delicious, I could really go for a sub and brownie. haha I also have a journal I got quite some time ago that I've yet to use. I hope it helps you keep on track!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    How's everyone doing? How was your weekend? How's your week going?
  • SheilAnneSmith
    SheilAnneSmith Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Sorry I haven't been checking in much, the event I've been working on the last several weeks starts tomorrow. I think I'm about ready! I head back up to the resort I stayed at a couple weeks ago tonight. I was going to leave at 6am tomorrow to set-up but found out that my room wouldn't be ready until 4pm and decided moving boxes and setting up all morning and then not being able to change and clean-up anywhere but the lobby bathrooms didn't sound like a good idea. So, I was able to get an extra night stay approved. I also really wanted a place to kick my feet up if needed as long spans of being on my feet is starting to take a toll on my hips and back. All my help won't arrive until closer to 10am tomorrow and I want registration open at 11:30, so most of the set-up I'll be handling on my own. Hopefully my help will not party all night and actually be around come 7am Thursday when I need them for the next round of check-in! We'll see!
  • RhiannonBecks
    RhiannonBecks Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hi all, back from Mexico! It was much needed. My AF/TOM was scheduled to start on the 3rd my Bday, and a piece of me was hoping it wouldn't come....however, came Wednesday morning early on our way to Mexico, so, even though I was disappointed at least it was right at the beginning & I was able to enjoy my trip w/o worry of drinking etc.

My husband and I talked, and I think we are going to take the next step to see what we should do for TTC. I called my OB/GYN office and requested an appointment to see where to go from here; I also called my insurance yesterday and subsequently turned into a very emotional day for me. Anything related to Fertility is not a covered service. (Insert Major Eye roll). I asked about Clomid Rx as well, just out of curiosity. She stated that if it is RX dt fertility issues it wouldn't be covered, however if it is for an off label reason it would be (PCOS, Endo, etc) - Fortunately I don't have those issues, but this means a challenge ahead for us. Now, I don't even know if I should keep my appointment, basically from here on out, It seems like everything will be out of pocket, which I don't think is even an option at this point. /Sigh/ I just don't know.

Trying to stay positive, I may keep my appointment, and maybe testing can be done to see what's happening. We also called a Urologist to see if my Husband should be tested for sperm quality etc. It's somewhat overwhelming, but will keep going forward. I keep reminding myself that things take time/happen when they are supposed to.

side note- weighed myself before I left for Mexico, and when I got back only up 1# , which makes me happy because that is more than likely water weight from all of the chips/guac/salsa I devoured. haha!!

How are you all doing??

Talk soon!

• WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @SheilAnneSmith How is the event going? I hope it went smoothly! I'm sure you'll be so relieved once it's all over. Hopefully your helpers were giving you their best.

@RhiannonBecks Happy Birthday! I'm glad you enjoyed your trip! Sounds like it was really nice and relaxing!
    I'd keep the appointment just to see what they say. Awesome job on keeping your weight in check while enjoying yourself! =)

So early this morning (around 3 a.m.) we had ambulance lights flashing outside our window, I thought it might be for one of our neighbors down the hall who has blood pressure problems but then they banged on the main door to get in and that's when Andrew went out to see what was going on and soon after we heard fire trucks. We were told they wanted everyone out of the building. We were outside for about 40 minutes and during that time they were trying to find the location of the fire. It was an electrical fire in one of the first floor apartments. We didn't hear any news of how much damage it cause but we were able to go back into the building. I believe the apartment was empty as they had to force entry according to what we heard on the scanner.

We've also had an ice/snow storm here. I just spent at least 30 minutes de-icing our cars and I still wasn't done but my hands were getting too cold and my nose was starting to run so I can back inside. The only positive thing about today was that I got extra time with Andrew and there were no major accidents due to the weather. I can't wait until Spring.
  • girlalmighty08
    girlalmighty08 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Week is going well for me... had a bit of an off-kilter weekend as we continue our renovations. We both get home from work and then start right into house projects so that typically means late/missed dinners, or grabbing something takeout. Amidst the chaos Im still trying to put aside some "me" time... I'm keeping up with my workouts and trying my best to stay focused on the big picture.

AF didn't arrive last month which is very unusual for me (I'm on BC) so I did do a home pregnancy test... it was negative. I'm contributing it to lack of sleep, new workouts, and stress! I've started folic acid and vitamin D, and am going for a blood panel at the end of the month. Im a little A-type and went to the doctor for a pre-conception checkup as I wanted to make sure I got my body in prime baby-making mode!! Still a couple months left on the pill though before we officially start TTC, but we have more than enough to keep us busy until then anyways.
  • SheilAnneSmith
    SheilAnneSmith Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    @WifiresGettingFit It's a long story--in summary, it sucked--big time and people suck. If you have time for the details here is the long, rant/vent version!

Well, I feel like the event totally kicked my *kitten* up one side and down the other--so glad to be home today and taking it easy. I think everyone who attended (which was record attendance) though it was the best one ever, so from that point of view it was very successful however from my side there was a lot of things that weren't super smooth or easy.

It kind of started the moment I got there Tuesday night and rather than having a nice, upgraded room as expected (because our previous rooming coordinator took care of the person who was the organizer) I had what felt like a Motel 6 room (complete with dirty vents and noisy fans) at a 4-star resort. So, that kind of just set the tone--it just gave the impression that all the red flags I had about if the guy doing our reservations were for good reason.....skipping ahead, they were. He screwed up every single reservation for our company staff, 25 rooms that were not charged to our master account as they should have been--but rather were being charged to their individual credit cards that they used at check-in for incidentals. I even thought something was wrong when I checked in on that front and specifically asked him to double check that it was right--he said it was--it wasn't. So we have 5-6 people who got their credit cards charged because they checked out before I did and caught it, including one of our speakers who not only had a room but an expensive hotel shuttle charged to them. There was poor communication from him the whole way through and then with everything else that happened it was safe to say when he poked his head out of the back office when I was trying to address the billing issue I wasn't real happy and let him know--I still have intentions of speaking with our sales manager and doing a debriefing on it next week. I flat out told him between poor communication, the number of problems and total crap room I got my impression was that: Hey, I don't know what I did, but this dude must totally hate me! So...that kind of was the cluster that started the moment I checked in and and continued at check-out.

I wish that was the only issues--but of course not. The first day started off pretty well, I had 1 of the 3 that were scheduled to help right off the bat, but the others arrived soon enough to handle the rush. I had things pretty laid out so my set-up was smooth and done efficiently. The day kind of fell apart for me mid-afternoon. I did not get to lunch until 2:30pm after eating at 6am. I was frustrated that no one offered to help run and grab anything--I finally did for the entire group at 2:30 or so when I had a very small window before 3:40 when I had to be back to help coordinate hand-outs for a speaker. On my way I got caught dropped with information that I needed to head-up and event at 4:30 that I only anticipated having to be present at--so I'm getting this dropped on my in a hectic fashion when I'm starving, exhausted, feel blood sugars getting low and just trying to rush to grab anything for lunch--it pushed me over the edge emotionally and set-off a struggle for the rest of the afternoon. It was basically a while lot of unnecessary meddling and interfering instead of folks just waiting for the hotel to show-up and set-up the bar and let things happen as they were planned adding a lot of extra stress at the worst possible time. Then when I'm on the bubble emotionally I need to be left alone and I can usually regain composure but instead one someone else popped in and stuck their nose in and wouldn't shut up and let me just have my moment to while impatiently waiting for food--before the food was even ready I had to leave for my room because I fell apart. I never really got composed, but scarfed some of the soggy fruit and cheese plate I had in the fridge to get blood sugars coming up and went and chased down my food at our registration table where the other person took it back to...as soon as I got to that spot I realized I just had to grab the food and disappear again because I was in no shape to be around other people. Then to top it off the food sucked as was not really what I ordered. But I ate in my room and got my crap together and arrived back down at 3:30 for when I thought I needed to there to get things done at 3:40 and found that they were ahead of schedule and I was absent when needed. I had everyone coached so I guess the job got done okay, but no one communicated with me that they were ahead of schedule. Just a lot of inexperience in having each other’s back and picking up where needed in a stressful event environment—in my previous job everyone just “got it” and helped take care of each other a bit better.

After a couple hours I had the chance to decompress a bit, food made me feel better and was looking better for the evening. I was exhausted and hurting but okay otherwise. My back was killing me, had some shooting round ligament pain when moving too fast but kept pushing forward and ended up having the support I needed for the sponsor event without having to be more than just present for the most part. I thought I was home free for the night except for maybe joining in on a nice dinner with some of the owners and speaker if there was an empty spot at the table but that wasn’t the case.

During the sponsor event I was waiting for a phone call from a speaker who was flying in that evening. He was invited to the social but flight did not get in until 4:15 and likely wouldn’t get to the hotel until about 5:15 at the earliest. I gave him my personal cell phone number and ask him to call me when he arrived and that I would break away from the engagement to meet him downstairs once he was checked in and introduce him to the owners/organizers. As the social broke up at 5:50 I had not yet heard from him so I went down to speak with the check-in desks to see if he had arrived. He had and then I was promptly informed that he was here but he was very upset and ticked off that no one met him at the door to greet him and that he had chewed out the gal checking him in for 10 minutes about how horrible we are and how *kitten* he was being treated. I’m going umm….WTF?!?! She called his room, he wasn’t there and he was let her know that he was going to the super nice restaurant upstairs for dinner if he wasn’t in is room. So, he didn’t answer in his room so I went off to track him down at dinner. Both the organizers/owners/faces of the event who would have been better to greet and meet with him were obligated at dinners elsewhere so I had to go without reinforcements…right into a buzz saw. I got my butt chewed for 20 minutes standing up there about how he’s never been treated so poorly, maybe he won’t even get his stuff finished for his keynote address the next morning, how I must be a *kitten* organizer because no one was there to meet him at the door, basically calling me a POS for not kissing *kitten*. Meanwhile I’m trying to somewhat defend our event and myself, without losing my cool. Trying to figure out how to convey to this 80 year old dude ripping me apart that there is only one of me who was alone handling all the details for 250 people and 25 speakers and that the owners and myself had scheduled obligations that we was aware of and invited to a week prior without telling him he was an unreasonable idiot like I would have really liked to because I was legitimately concerned he would refuse to show up in the morning and not make his presentation. It took 20 minutes or so to get him to at least tell me what he needed from us in the morning, including meeting him for breakfast at 6:30 then getting a copy of his presentation from him (when I really had to be getting other presentations gathered as well, not just him, and all the computers set-up in 5 rooms by 8am) I kept myself together while in front of him, but fell apart as soon as I walked away and started trying to get in touch with the owners because I was NOT going to deal with him alone in the morning. I got reinforcements for breakfast lined up and let all my help for check-in and registration know that I REALLY needed them present and available in the morning as I thought I may be totally unavailable to open registration at 7am because of the breakfast obligations. I heard back from one of them and the others did not reply to me. So, I could only hope I wouldn’t be left high and dry in the morning.

I skipped dinner, was in no shape to be in public anymore and tried to go to bed. I laid there unable to turn off my brain or relax until about 10:30. I finally fell asleep only to be woke up by knocking on my door at 1:15. I ignored it, hoping it was someone at the wrong door but they persisted and pretty sure I heard voices outside and realized it was my roommate who was sloshed and her room key would not work. So, I let her in and was nauseated by the smell of booze on her. I tried to fall asleep again but never could, even taking tums I couldn’t quell the nausea and tossed and turned until 3am—my alarm was set for 4 so that I could do all my work between 4:30-6:30 before the dreaded breakfast with the speaker. By 3 I figured what’s the point, I got up, showered and then left the facility to find a Denny’s for breakfast at 3:30am. So, now I’m off to a start for Thursday with less than 3 hours of sleep.

I was able to flake out on them for breakfast after making an appearance and passing the speaker off on the owner. The speaker was in a better mood and offered a bit of an apology, but I think it was more of putting up a face in the front of another male who he thought was way more important than myself anyways. I’ve never dealt with someone I considered a sexist jerk, but I’m quite sure that was a very big part of it all. He didn’t show that side when not able to attack me alone.

Thankfully, I was able to not be tied to the breakfast because only 1 of 3 people arrived at 7am to do registrations…so I felt let down by my help, but we got it done. I hoped to break away for a nap mid-afternoon but felt like I couldn’t—so made it until about 7pm and again skipped dinner because I was too worn out to eat with anyone and wasn’t hungry enough to justify a $20 burger, but at least had some appetizers at a social. I crashed at 8pm and got a decent chunk of sleep. Friday went pretty smooth and uneventful until finding the billing error at check-out.

It was rough, I feel so worn out and exhausted. I need to get outside and door chores this morning but haven’t found motivation yet. I quit trying to even track blood sugars at the event, between the stress and erratic eating I finally just had to take on an eat to survive mentality because I couldn’t pass up an opportunity just because it was too many carbs, I just had to eat to what I could find to get by. So, today is a day to relax, rest and try and get back to eating right.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @girlalmighty08 I think scheduling some me/down time is essential to staying sane when things are chaotic! What all are you guys doing on your house?

@SheilAnneSmith I read the whole thing and all I can say is...wow. I sure hope you enjoyed your relaxation and got plenty of rest with some good food thrown in. I'm sorry the event was such a rough experience and I honestly couldn't imagine dealing with all the while pregnant. How are you feeling today?
  • RhiannonBecks
    Options
    Hi ladies, Happy Monday, 2nd full week of February already! @SheilAnneSmith what a hectic situation, hopefully you can get some downtime/relax/recover time! Sorry it was such a mess, but sounds like you handled it best you could.

@girlalmighty08 , I totally understand the stress of construction/lack of ability to cook etc. We refinished our kitchen 2 years ago and it was a nightmare; either went out to eat or brought stuff home basically every night. How long do you expect to be working on the project! Sending you all sorts of positive vibes. We are remodeling BOTH of our bathrooms right now and having some major communication issues with the contractor that essentially led me to crying in our (unfinished ) shower and eating way too many reeses "love bugs" than I should have; lol. Not funny, but looking back def could have handled that differently.

How is everyone else doing? The sun is shining here today which is much needed being that temps are mid/high teens today and we got blasted with at least a foot of snow this weekend.

Kevin hart was HILLARIOUS, I am so glad we had the opportunity to go Friday, I really needed the laughs.

I decided I am keeping my upcoming OV to discuss whats next as far as testing for fertility issues. At least if I go, and have to have tests done, etc, we will know what's going on (hopefully).

Have a great week ladies, look forward to hearing everyone check in!

Hugs!
  • girlalmighty08
    Options
    @WifiresGettingFit As of right now we have painted the entire house (two floors), and have ripped out the flooring in three bedrooms and the staircase. We will be carpeting these areas but unfortunately our carpet was back ordered until Feb. 20th :( We are also doing a bathroom reno with new vanity and storage, replacing the kitchen cabinets, and then once the weather starts getting nicer we will tackle the yard. We have about a third of an acre that the previous owners let get very grown over with half-*kitten* garden plots, shrubs, and blackberry bushes. Our property line backs onto a lovely little creek so we're clearing the entire lot and making lots of usable green space.

Lot's to do but it's coming along :)
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @RhiannonBecks Glad you enjoyed Kevin Hart! When is your appointment?

@girlalmighty08 Are you taking before and after pictures? If you are and you don't mind sharing, I'd love to see them! It definitely sounds like a lot of work but it'll be done before you know it and then the official decorating can begin! =)
  • girlalmighty08
    Options
    @WifiresGettingFit I missed a few rooms before we started in but I'll share what I have as they come together! The yard will be the most dramatic improvement but we're still quite a ways away from that one :)
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @girlalmighty08 I look forward to it! =)
  • pezhed
    pezhed Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, sorry I've been MIA. I've been really disappointed in myself lately and haven't really wanted to post but maybe if I re-engage it will make me feel more inspired.

@SheilAnneSmith holy shiz, that event sounds like sheer torture. Glad you made it through it and hope you've recovered from the stress now.
    @girlalmighty08 wow that's a ton of work! Very exciting to be able to make the home you want though!
    @RhiannonBecks what is OV? Hope you can get some answers from it!
    @WifiresGettingFit I'm with you on being ready for spring!!!

I sucked at losing weight in January and also so far in February. I've been angry at work because I've been asked to work 10-hour days until this project I'm on is well on its way to implementation. That coupled with a 35-minute commute each way is making every day away from home/husband/dogs so long. I've been working through lunch (or at least "working") so that I can work like 7:30-5:30 or 6:00 which has been interfering with my workout life and probably make me extra stressed. However, hubby has an interview at Virginia Tech next month which we're hopeful will get us out of here by June. We'd miss Colorado so much but if we are going to have a baby, it would be nice to be closer to family, and it would also be nice if he could use his PhD and maybe I could stop using my bachelors degree for a while :smile:

On the baby making front I'm just humming along in the two-week wait of Cycle 6. Glad this cycle won't be 90 days long again because that was the PITS last cycle. Just want this to work because I'm tired of trying. We haven't been able to try that much because of this work stress and being sick off and on since the beginning of January. It's been a pretty tough winter but the potential light at the end of it is making me feel somewhat hopeful. I'm glad to have a chill long weekend coming up. I want to get our house in order. Things got out of control when I was sick last week and we went out of town this past weekend for my birthday. That should have been fun but the dogs drove me nuts. And Pancake got into a bag of chips in the car and has been sick this week as a result. AND our washing machine broke. We were able to get that fixed for only $165 but it just seems like an uphill battle this week.

I missed you ladies though and I'm glad to be back!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @pezhed Glad to see you back and posting, you were missed! Longer commutes and long days suck, how long do you think until this project will be done? I hope the time goes fast. Just know that you are definitely not alone in the whole suck at losing weight part. I've been sucking at it for 2 years now =P I hope things get better soon and that the time away from your husband/house/dogs goes fast! Good luck to your husband, I hope the interview goes well! Baby dust sent your way! and I hope you enjoy your relaxing/productive weekend ahead! HUGS
  • RhiannonBecks
    Options
    @pezhed Wishing your hubby luck at his interview- sorry its been such a rough go about with work, stress at work can trickle down and make life just suck.

Also, LOL @ the OV - sorry, I slipped work medical terms in there, ( I work for social security and read/evaluate medical records all day long) so its just common nature to me now, OV = office visit. lols. I didn't even realize I did that until you called me out. :)

I honestly have also been sucking at dieting, so you ladies aren't alone. I do really well for a small period of time, and then I get lazy and don't plan, which then leads to excuses of " we have nothing to eat" when really its "We don't have anything prepared, so lets just get a pizza delivery instead". UGH. It will happen.

I am really hoping I can get my migraines back under control, I am close to going back on my meds, but it isn't safe for future baby, so I am torn. Maybe once I got to my new doctor Monday, I can assess from there.

I hope you all have an excellent weekend; @girlalmighty08 hope you get lots done around the house this weekend, and to the other ladies, whatever you have planned, I hope it makes you happy (even if its just napping, ahh, napping!).

:)