Check In

Options

Replies

• VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Options
    @NatashaLP2014 I'm so sorry I missed your post some how! I'm so so sorry to hear about your daughter, you love her so much :( I hope you are able to cope as best possible. I wish there was more I could do or say. At the same time, I am also so happy to hear about your lovely baby boy! I'm glad to hear you have another person in your life who loves you. I'm glad you posted here again.
  • RhiannonBecks
    RhiannonBecks Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,

I hope you are all well; it has been quite sometime since I last posted, sorry! I am trying to catch up on the latest posts but haven't been able to quite yet as I am at work.

I hope everyone is having a good summer so far, we have been traveling and keeping quite busy. Preparing for a garage sale this weekend as our family room construction FINALLY wrapped up this past weekend.

Still no baby; round 4 clomid coming up, so far w/o success; my follicle studies are proving to be a stressful day for me though; walk in w/hopes I can get my trigger shot, leave w/disappointment that my follicles just aren't big enough each month. I am trying my best to stay positive, however I am finding that to be overwhelmingly hard some days. I am actually starting therapy back up today to deal w/some of my feelings surrounding our TTC Journey. My husband & I talked, and IUI/IVF is just not a financial decision we can make right now - we just have w ay too much student loan debt to even consider loaning out money for procedures. I thin knowing that we have 6 months max on Clomid through my OBGYN feels like added pressure; almost as if we only have 2-3 more rounds of clomid left to give us any hope.

I hope to start posting more & get caught up w/everyone now that a few other things have settled down & we wont be traveling so much. I hate to admit it, but I am sort of ready for fall - I LOVE everything about fall; the fashion, the weather, football games & fall activities!! lol, I even bought a few fall décor pieces the other day!

Take care,

Will chat soon!

:)
  • arendiva
    arendiva Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I am so pumped that it is the weekend. This summer has been flying by and I feel like there hasn't been time to do most of the things I wanted to do this summer. However hubby and I are finally leaving for a mini-vacation on Sunday. We're going to Bar Harbor, Maine for 4 days. It will be nice to get away.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    @arendiva have fun! Safe travels :)
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! Checking in after a long absence.

Congratulations to all of the pregnant ladies and new moms!!!

@VeryKatie I'm sorry to hear that your boss is being so creepy and weird. I understand your concern, but it was still good that you complained to HR. His behavior is completely unacceptable and gives the impression he will continue to bother you with this baby too.

I think my husband and I have officially agreed that we want a second child. This means I need to lose a looot of weight in the next few months/year. I just started a new job two weeks ago, so we will be waiting a minimum of 6 months before trying to ensure that I will qualify for FMLA when the baby is born. I actually took a pregnancy test this weekend because I wasn't feeling great and totally exhausted last week to point that I told myself multiple times, "if I didn't know better this feels exactly like being pregnant." I then decided I better make sure I know better. The test was negative, but it made me panic about how high my weight still is after pregnancy.

I fully expect this new job to be much better for my mental health, and I really hope that will help me finally get back on the bandwagon and lose weight. Ideally, I would like to lose at least 45lbs, so the next pregnancy would be starting at approximately the same weight as my first.
  • puffbrat
    Options
    @NatashaLP2014 I am so incredibly sorry to hear about your daughter! I can't even begin to imagine what that is like. I'm glad your husband is a great source of comfort to you <3

@girlalmighty08 Early in my pregnancy, I developed a strong aversion to beef and raw veggies. Like Katie said, try cooking veggies and incorporating them into foods, almost like you would with a kid who is a picky eater.

@WifiresGettingFit I'm so sorry to hear how rough everything is going for you!! Are you managing to de-stress some during your time off?

@RhiannonBecks I'm sorry to hear about how difficult your TTC journey is. That must be really frustrating and heartbreaking. I will keep my fingers crossed for you.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @puffbrat How exciting! =)

As for de-stressing, not so much. I think it's mostly because I know I'm not supposed to be having time off. I just got back from a family vacation and I was a little more relaxed then but we are back home now. All in all though, things could be worse.
  • puffbrat
    Options
    How is everyone doing?

Today I proved to myself what I have suspected for a couple weeks - I am allergic to my new office building. Headache and watery eyes whenever I am at work which go away within an hour of leaving. I'm going to say something to my manager in case it is mold. I guess I'll be taking allergy medicine daily which I haven't done in probably 12 years. That's extra annoying because Leo and I are increasingly talking about having another baby but allergy medications don't seem to be recommended during pregnancy and breastfeeding, although I haven't really researched this since I didn't need them before.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Options
    @puffbrat wow crazy, I've never heard of being allergic to an office. I had a stuffy nose while I worked at a company that had office dogs and didn't realize it till I left. Could it be fragrances possibly as well? Or maybe they haven't changed their air filters in a while. My office gives me plugged ears since it's a high rise :( I'm also struggling with all the smoke that's blowing in from the west coast forest fires here. Hopefully you can find a safe allergy treatment!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @puffbrat What did your manager say? That sounds miserable, allergies suck.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    I went to the dentist last week and have to have a wisdom tooth removed. Andrew and I are going on a trip next week so I'll be scheduling the surgery for after we return. I don't think I mentioned it here yet but Andrew and I also joined a gym though we haven't made going into a habit yet. Probably not until after the trip but at least we finally took the plunge and joined one. It's been a topic of conversation for a few years now it feels like. haha
  • pezhed
    pezhed Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    @WifiresGettingFit that’s great that you guys joined a gym! Definitely a good first step toward making it a habit. So sorry about the wisdom tooth. I hope it!: uncomplicated and you recover quickly!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @pezhed Thank you :)
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Hey, y'all. Just wanted to show that I'm still alive. To summarize the last few months:

Bruce got colic. Bruce turned into a refluxing vomit comet. Bruce refused to sleep anywhere but in swing, and refuses all bottles. Feeding/sleeping/schedules = total crap. Found out Bruce has torticollis. Started stretches and routine changes. Got Bruce to sleep in his crib at 2 months. Bruce is now pretty ok, although still working on the head tilt. He's still kinda high maintenance, but I feel like I'm starting to get the hang of being a parent here at 3.5 months.

Me--postpartum hormones kicking my tail, plus going back to work, plus husband back at work, plus my family's a zoo = total life craziness and huge strain on my marriage. I'm pretty much back on track now though. And my kitchen has countertops and tile and cabinets and a microwave and dishwasher, just not cabinet doors. Heh. Oh, and with the two hurricanes back to back, we lost power a ton at the house and at work, and the town flooded (and my bedroom and basement again). But all that's cleaned up.

So, there. I'm encouraged reading about all the stuff you've all been up to.
  • puffbrat
    Options
    @Alioth Wow, that is a lot all at once! That sounds really difficult. I'm glad you are starting to find a routine with Bruce that works. Sorry your marriage is feeling the strain. A friend with a toddler recently told me she read somewhere that the highest divorce rate is after the first kid because of the huge shock to the relationship. My marriage certainly has been feeling it and we had to have a really serious set of discussions a couple weeks ago in order to save our marriage. Hang in there, try to be understanding of each other, and speak up when something bothers you. I tend to hold things and try to let them go, but since having a kid that strategy really doesn't work for me anymore and my ability to build up resentment has gone through the roof. As suggested to me by another mom, I really like the book How Not to Hate Your Husband after Kids.
  • pezhed
    pezhed Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    @Alioth it’s good to read an update from you, but I’m sorry to hear things have been so difficult. I haven’t been there yet but I agree with puffbrat that communication is always key. About the flooding, I can’t believe some parts of VA have experienced so much flooding when others haven’t. We got really lucky.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @Alioth Holy crap, that is a lot. I'm glad to read that you feel like you're finding a routine with Bruce. I hope everything else settles down as well.
  • girlalmighty08
    girlalmighty08 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! It’s been so long since I’ve been here and felt a check-in was well overdue.

I’m 24 weeks today and a lot has happened over the last few months. My first trimester was a huge low for me. Horomones were completely kicking my *kitten* and making me all sorts of crazy. I was worried I was actually developing some sort of depression because I just couldn’t feel happy about anything in my life, including the baby on board. Thankfully that subsided, but paved the way for a new issue: carpel tunnel syndrome. I started developing subtle symptoms around week 12 and it escalated very quickly and very painfully. I’m talking total loss of sensation and function in my hand, and sometimes whole arm. I wasn’t sleeping and was in constant pain. After trying nearly every treatment my doctor could come up with we finally decided to go for cortisone injections and thankfully that did the trick. No more pain and I’m finally in a place where I’m happy and excited... and well rested!

I’ve felt great the past month. I go to prenatal yoga which has been a huge mood booster for me. I don’t have much in the way of symptoms right now other than a little lightheadedness because I’m low on iron right now. Belly popped a week or two ago and baby is kicking like crazy, and it’s such a wonderful feeling. Pregnancy definitely has been what I expected but I’m glad I overcame that little patch of darkness and am looking forward to what lies ahead :)
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @girlalmighty08 I'm sorry your first trimester was so difficult. I'm glad that your doctor was able to find a treatment plan that actually worked and that you're feeling better and aren't in pain anymore!

If you don't mind me asking, have you found out what you're having and do you guys have any names picked out?

I'm glad you checked in! =)
  • girlalmighty08
    girlalmighty08 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    @WifiresGettingFit No we opted for the surprise :) As for names, if it’s a girl it will be Everly Rose, and if its a boy.... we are still on the fence.

My partner very much wants a son to be named after him, Trevor. Though I like the name I’m not crazy about the “two Trevors” thing as I find it can get confusing. But since he’s on board with using my dad’s name as the middle name I figured we could compromise. The name (for now) is Trevor Brian... but we would actually refer to him as TJ (Trevor Jr.). We are both still on the lookout for something else that jumps out at us, but that’s the work in progress.