Check In

Options

Replies

• puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    @puffbrat stressed?

Yes. Baby Leo and my husband were really sick last week plus work stress and my period. Of course now I'm getting a sinus infection. That's the third one in five weeks! GRRR!
  • arendiva
    arendiva Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I’m doing well. My dieting hasn’t been great the past couple weeks but it hasn’t been terrible. I need to just abstain from booze though, it kills my calories and I’d rather save them for food. I lose weight more consistently when I forego alcohol.

My husband and I have decided to tell our families that we are planning to have a kid. This may seem like a weird thing to need to announce but we’ve been together for 10 years and until about a year and a half ago we weren’t planning on ever having kids so at this point it would be a huge shock to people if we didn’t mention that our feelings had changed until after we were pregnant.

We’ve also decided that we are going to start trying in September regardless of what my weight is. I’ve lost 32 pounds so far and I still have another 33 to lose to get under 200 which was my goal, but age is a factor here as well. I’m not old old but especially given that it can take a while to get pregnant I don’t want to wait forever to start trying. So basically I have 6 months to lose what I can and then it is what it is.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    @puffbrat Oh man, that sounds rough! I hope you start feeling better soon!!

@arendiva Glad to see an update from you and that you're doing well! Good luck telling your families! I hope they are excited and supportive and I hope the next 6 months fly by for you! =)
  • puffbrat
    Options
    @arendiva It's great to hear from you! 32lbs is a great loss! Do you mind if I ask why you want to tell your families other than the change of heart? I ask because it is very common for even the most well meaning and supportive people to add pressure to the TTC process by asking if you are pregnant yet, and telling you to try this, that and the other trick, and generally be more into your business than you may want. It's just something to consider although you obviously know your family and I don't :)
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    Well it's looking like our house search may be over! So far things are going smoothly with the process and if it continues that way, we could be in our house by early May!
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,933 Member
    Options
    @WifiresGettingFit congrats on the house search being over!! What a relief!

Im back on the spread sheet now. Doing some early tracking so i can nail down my goals and numbers for April!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @VeryKatie Thank you! =) Welcome back to the spreadsheet! haha.
  • puffbrat
    Options
    That's great @WifiresGettingFit! I hope it continues to be smooth!

Welcome back to the spreadsheet @VeryKatie
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @puffbrat Thank you! So far, so good!
  • puffbrat
    Options
    @puffbrat Thank you! So far, so good!

We'll expect details when everything is complete and settled ;)
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @puffbrat Of course!!
  • SheilAnneSmith
    SheilAnneSmith Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hi--I just wanted to pop back in to say hello and give an update on things. It's hard to believe we're rapidly closing in on Andrena's first birth in April. She's doing fantastic and is the biggest ham.

I'm coming around but had a really rough time. Mid-February I finally addressed the PPD that I had been in denial about for 9 months. Things just kept getting worse, I was irritable and emotional to the point of interfering with work and my relationship. I feel like I cried every day and just kept spiraling into negativity. Neither my husband or I talked about it and it just built up tension. When I finally broke we were able to sit down and try to talk through it so he could understand how I was feeling, even if the feelings were not really rooted in reality. A week later I met with my doctor and started Zoloft. It was the last thing I wanted to do, but I am so glad I did it. I can breath now, I haven't cried in 6 weeks, I can smile again, I can finally enjoy my daughter and I feel like I actually have motivation to do something.

So, with that motivation I've finally logged back into MFP and am going to work on tracking again. I've gained nearly 40 pounds since Andrena was born and so I have a long ways to go to even get to where I was last May. I hope everyone else had a better last several months than I have.
  • puffbrat
    Options
    Hi @SheilAnneSmith! It's nice to get an update from you. I'm so very sorry you have had such a difficult time and stuggled with PPD! I have been on Zoloft since a few months before getting pregnant (about 3 years total). I didn't want to go on medication, but it really made all the difference for me like it seems to be doing for you. I hope things keep getting better and you enjoy celebrating Andrena's birthday!
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    @SheilAnneSmith Wow. So glad you're doing better now. Sounds like it was very rough for a while.

Hey everyone. I just finally caught up reading all the posts. I'm enormously proud of everyone after reading these. Y'all are truly inspiring. I love hearing from everyone.

I had to take a break from all the baby stuff for a while on the internet. Bruce has a tendency to attack the laptop with both hands because he is trying to type like mommy and daddy, making it very hard to read a page on a screen or in a book or sit down or haha, you know. I've also had my struggles with the baby blues, particularly with flashbacks from labor and delivery. So I've had to slow down again and try to get myself in a positive, rested frame of mind.

I'm back at work 20 hours a week. It's been great getting out of the house more! We're restructuring the business though using a fancy restaurant troubleshooter/consultant. This has meant tons of changes and stress and drama with the employees though. It's a lot of extra work and trouble, but moneywise, we are seeing very positive results. It's gonna be worth it.

I can't believe Bruce is 9 months now. We bought a new car seat yesterday as he hit the size limit on his infant carrier. :open_mouth: He is crawling now, which is very exciting. Still breastfeeding partly, which is making it hard to lose weight. I get so hungry. The hubs and I have been going on some walks, which I keep forgetting to log. But I haven't seen the inside of a gym in many months now. It's just never a good time to go.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @SheilAnneSmith So glad to read an update from you! I can't believe Andrena is going to be one, time really flies. I'm sorry you had such a rough time for a long time but I'm glad you got help and that things are improving! I hope things continue to look up for you! =)

@Alioth So glad to read an update from you! I'm sorry you've been having a rough time and that things at work are stressful. That's good that there are some positive changes coming from the hassle at work and that it'll be worth it. I can't believe Bruce is 9 months and crawling and in a new seat, I know I just said this but time flies. haha. Going for walks is great! I love walking. haha. I hope things settle down/keep improving for you!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Well it's looking like our house search may be over! So far things are going smoothly with the process and if it continues that way, we could be in our house by early May!

So an update to this post I made last month on the 18th. Everything did continue to go smoothly and we are waiting on the final few things on the realtors and sellers end to get the clear to close. It feels like it's taking forever and I'm staying guarded but also really excited! haha. I'll be closer to my family again, about 20 minutes away, we'll be about 20 or so miles away from a city instead of the current 2-3 miles now so a lot less traffic and just a quieter area all around. I just want to be there already. haha.

As far as my health/fitness journey, I just got back into the swing of logging my food last month and this week I started doing a beginner walking program. I stopped exercising around the time I stopped logging because I just got burned out with everything. I tried to pick it up here and there over the months but basically just ended up taking a somewhat unplanned break. It seemed to have helped as I'm feeling pretty positive right now and with the house we will be able to have our own home gym. We already have some of our own equipment and we have a friend who is giving us his treadmill and recumbent bike so we'll be set for cardio and will eventually get weights, etc. I'm looking forward to it!

I think that's about it, I hope everyone is doing well! =)
  • pezhed
    pezhed Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I had a baby on March 29th! He was 12 days past his due date so the wait was torture. The birth itself was not what I envisioned, since I had wanted a med-free birth. I ended up with an epidural and have no regrets. The baby’s name is Atlas Malkolm Hite and I’m in love!

dtpfpmuuanqg.jpeg
    g14h4qg9hnyy.jpeg

Parenting is already the hardest thing I’ve ever done. Massive props to all the moms who came before me. Breastfeeding has been ridiculously taxing and the sleep deprivation is real. Everything is a blur. I can see why people forget about the newborn period!

Health wise I’ve been in survival mode. I’m back to my pre-pregnancy weight now (thank you breastfeeding) but my body is very different from before. Big soft belly and massive boobs haha. I’m hoping to track my intake soon, but I’m not sure about weight loss and breastfeeding. I don’t want to threaten my milk supply at all so I may just track to get an idea of what I’m eating now.

I scrolled through all the updates and am happy to read that most are doing well!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @pezhed Congratulations! He's beautiful!
  • puffbrat
    Options
    @pezhed Congratulations!! For the different body, remember that you will still see things "deflate" for a while. They typically say 6-8 weeks, but I still had things shrink without my weight changing for up to 6 months. The boobs come with the breastfeeding unfortunately.

@Alioth It's great to get an update from you! I can't believe Bruce is already 9 months. It sounds like you have a lot going on but mostly positive once you get through the chaos.

@WifiresGettingFit I'm so happy to hear that the house purchase is still going smoothly. You are so close to the end and having your house! I definitely sympathize with the unplanned but much needed diet/logging break.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @puffbrat I know, I'm so excited but also so tired of waiting around! haha. I just want it to be official already! haha. Yes, I think the break was just what I needed! That's why I told you in the other thread to take all the time you need, it really can do wonders!