time to re june vate - daily checkins for june!

Options

Replies

• kimiuzzell
    kimiuzzell Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    Time to get back into it. Has anyone elver taken a 4 week vacation which also didn't include lifting? How much did you need to deload?

Not a vacation, but I have recently had 4 weeks out through injury. I deloaded quite considerably when I came back, but found that I progressed back up the weights in no time, so don't be afraid to take the weight off and see how you feel. If it is easy, then up it for the last couple of sets or whatever. No rules!
  • Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    No cardio this week, but some lifting today.
    10 min warmup
    Squats: 2x5x45, 1x3x75, 5x5x110
    OHP: 2x5x45, 5x5x70
    Dead: 1x5x130

I'm tired because I was up late and up early, but at least it's Friday...
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    Options
    Stronglifts

Squat-1X5X 55/65/75/85, 5X5X 90
    OHP-1X5X 45/50/55/60, 5X5X 50
    DL-1X5X 135

Kettlebell Swing

Russian kettle bell swing-19 X 10 X 30

Walk 1000 Miles Challenge

3 miles
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    23uzc73pb8wy.png

Workout A today.

I am trying to hit 5x5 for my row but the universe doesn't want that to happen. I see a deload in my future :|
  • buckwld5150
    buckwld5150 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    Time to get back into it. Has anyone elver taken a 4 week vacation which also didn't include lifting? How much did you need to deload?

I took a month off a few months ago and I thought I would jump right back into things.. not the case haha. I was surprised at how much strength I felt like I had lost, but I was back up to my previous weights fairly quickly. I think the app de-loaded about 20% or so? You'll be able to feel it fairly quickly when you start up again. My legs were jello before I had even finished my warmup sets...
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Started my attempt at 5/3/1 on the 14th. Didn't post in this forum yet from that one, and did a little out of order. I started my week 1 with OHP.

Ohp 2x8 @ 45, 1x5 @ 55 then 1x5 @ 60, 65, 70
    Power clean attempts with bar then 2x5 @ 65
    Seated row 3x8 @ 70
    Lat pull 3x8 @ 70

Downloaded the app on my phone yesterday. Was going to go to gym after work but by 11 pm didn't feel like driving to the one closest that is open 24 hours. So, I went today instead during day as I have a light work week. They were doing schedule when transfer was still going through so I am only working 3 days this week. I am glad inventory is today, so that stuff will be done for this year. Things will be a little more normal Sunday, when I work again. Went to gym today and used the app for 5/3/1 though didn't put my accessories on that one. Didn't follow exact either cause some of the recommended numbers weren't manageable with the available plates but got close enough.

10 minute warmup on elliptical

Squats
    warmup - 2x10 @ 45, 1x6 @ 95, 1x3 @ 110
    1x5 @ 120
    1x5 @ 135
    amrap 155 1x7

leg press 3x8 @ 225
    good morning 3x8 @ 95
    sumo deadlift 1x6 @ 135 and 2x5 @ 175

A sort of plus about lifting at a general, commercial gym is that any heavy lifting seems like a lot to some of the other people. Different location than the first time I lifted, though same as the OHP day. More people there being mid-day and had two women comment on my squat weight (which was the 155 this time). It's a bit of an ego boost. That and when mentioning the meet and such, one made a comment about how I probably only weight around 100. pfftt. In my range for how short I am but not quite. lol. Though, it's quite a change from weighing over 200 to having someone in LA think I weighed 100. Ego boost indeed.

Now to get busy on other things. I finally got another video up on youtube and I have one more to upload in a couple of days. Need to figure out what I'll film next. Always something to do.

• canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    i got an email from mr t saying everyone else in his six pm group had cancelled and would i possibly be willing to come in at 1 myself? since that way he wouldn't have to show up just for me. i went on short notice and was even happier when i got there, because he was saying his kids are away and now he gets to take his wife out for dinner as a surprise \o/

go me. in lifting, i re-did my deloaded bench at 35/45/55 and it was great, and then my deloaded squats at 45/45/55 plus an extra at 65 just because. which wasn't so great but i'm resigned to the squat fight right now. got a good reality check on my pendlay row form, which made me drop it back down to 75 from 85 originally, but kept me more honest so yay.

i just got a conditional job offer while also having another interview to go to on monday, so slightly manic rn.
  • canadianlbs
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I deadlifted my own body weight of 110lbs yesterday. hurt my hands lol

YAY though?

that's so neat. congratulations!

edit: um, i mean the deadlift of course :smiley:
  • sammyliftsandeats
    Options
    No Stronglifts today.

Went to the gym by my mom's house and they don't have a lot of equipment so I picked up the DBs and did some work with those.

Goblet squats, shrugs, incline chest press, Bulgarian split squats, calf raises, and the like.

A mosquito flew into the weight room and bit me. That was the worst part of the workout LOL.

Now I'm going to eat the world. Rest day tomorrow!
  • ninenines
    ninenines Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Squat Day, Week 2
    Main: Squat
    Warm up sets, the 3@30kg, 3@35kg, 4@40kg
    Assistance 1: Deadlift
    5x10 at 40kg
    Assistance 2: Hip Thrust
    5x10 at 50kg
    Superset with Dumbbell Bicep Curls
    5x5 each arm at 5kg
  • HeatherLeAnn622
    HeatherLeAnn622 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    The only squat rack in the gym was actually open when I got there today. It took all I had not to run to it...!

Today's workout: (after warm-up sets)

Squat 5x5 125 lbs

OHP 5x5 65 lbs

DL 1x5 95 lbs (I am terrible at these, I've had to reload all the way to get used to the movement.)

20 minutes of HIIT
  • sammyliftsandeats
    Options
    The only squat rack in the gym was actually open when I got there today. It took all I had not to run to it...!

Today's workout: (after warm-up sets)

Squat 5x5 125 lbs

OHP 5x5 65 lbs

DL 1x5 95 lbs (I am terrible at these, I've had to reload all the way to get used to the movement.)

20 minutes of HIIT

I have raced people to the squat rack. No shame. You gotta get it in!
  • ninenines
    ninenines Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Bench Day, Week 2
    Main: Bench
    Warm up sets, then 3@25@kg, 3@28kg, 9@32kg
    Assistance 1: OHP
    5x10 at 15kg
    Superset with Standing Calf Raise
    4x10 at 10kg, 1x10kg at 20kg
    Assistance 2: Chin ups
    10x5 with 3 assistance bands
  • canadianlbs
    Options
    new cycle, week 1. oh, that 80lb bench press is hard. i got 5 and think i was smart to stop it right there.

did squats@90 as well, for 6.

pulldowns, rows@70 for accessory.

and then just a whole mess of stretching. okay for a day where i hadn't really eaten yet by 4pm, and then decided to just get through the workout before fixing that.
  • kimiuzzell
    kimiuzzell Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I walked into the gym this morning and wondered if I had got the wrong time - whereas it is normally busy, there were, maybe 5 people in the weight room.....and the squat rack was free!

So, although I had got it into my head that I would be doing something else, I took advantage, and did SL....and for the first time squat my bodyweight :)

Squats - 5x5 @72.5kgs - weighed myself when I got to work and I also weigh 72.5kgs. I am really pleased with this (the amount I squat, rather than the amount I weigh!!) because my first Mega big aim was to be able to lift my bodyweight.

BP - 5/5/4/4/3 @42.5kgs - no idea what was going wrong here, but I just didn't seem to have it.

Row - 5x5 @45kgs - I used the barbell rather than the Olympic bar for these, as by this time there was a queue for the rack, so I moved on.

All in all, I'm happy - I got those squats nailed. But disappointed at the BP. Still, will stick with it!
  • sammyliftsandeats
    Options
    I want to say that eating a lot on Saturday helped me out this morning with my lifts. I'm just going to keep telling myself that LOL.

Stronglifts Workout B today.

Squat @ 115lb for 5x5 - with a warm up of 1x5 @ 45lbs, 55lbs, and 65 lbs. - This makes me really happy to see because there was no way in hell I would say yes if you asked me that I'd be squatting over 100 lbs a few months ago. Now I can theoretically throw one of my friends on my shoulders and squat her. Theoretical because I'm sure if I tried, I would get clumsy and drop her.

OHP @ 45 lbs for 5X5. - Okay, so because it was suggested that I deload - would my next weight be a fractional weight or would it bump it up to 50 lbs again? I have yet to purchase any fractional plates and I don't know what to do next.

Deadlift @ 115 lbs at 1x5 - I am happy with this as well - since I totally dropped down to a way lighter weight to work on my form and am finally working my way back up to where the program had me at week two. Hope I make more progress!

Did 3 sets of assisted chin ups and dips as well - I would love to try unassisted but I don't think my upper body can handle it yet. Any tips?

Have a good Monday!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    Options
    Stronglifts

Squats-1X5X 55/65/75/85, 5X5X 90
    BP-1X5X 55/65/75, 5X5X 80
    BR-5X5X 85

Kettlebell Swing

Russian kettle bell swing-22X10 X 30
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Nice work everyone.

Went to gym after work yesterday and combined the bench press and deadlift into one session. Only did a couple accessories because sister was going to be home soon and right now we only have one key. Applies to bigger apartment place today, so we'll see if we get it. Fingers crossed.

Bench
    warm up - 2x8 @ 45, 1x5 @ 55, 1x5 @ 65
    1x5 @ 70
    1x5 @ 80
    1x8 @ 90
    (the 1rm estimate was a little closer for bench than the others from the AMRAP)

Deadlift
    warm up - 2x5 @ 135
    1x5 @ 145
    1x5 @ 170
    1x7 @ 190

Didn't follow the warm up to the apps recommendations.

bicep curls 3x8 @ 42.5
    tricep pushdown 3x8 @ 30

Cable machine here felt heavier than back in oregon. *shrugs*

Tomorrow, think I will go before work and do the OHP day. We'll see. I work 3-11 pm. New schedule should be up too, which would be nice to see. Need to work more than 3 days a week but the transfer was going through when they were working on the current schedule. Also, hunting for extra income.

Posting video on youtube today too. Did the Bro style eating video couple days ago, so today I'm posting my pre-LA physique. Not that I get many views but working on things.
  • canadianlbs
    Options
    OHP @ 45 lbs for 5X5. - Okay, so because it was suggested that I deload - would my next weight be a fractional weight or would it bump it up to 50 lbs again?

i don't know the answer about whether you add 5 pounds or go fractional . . . but if it is fractional and you don't have any then another way to add a little moe challenge is: stay at 45 but add a rep to each set. i played with that idea for a w hile in my first year and it seemed to work really well.

*i overdid it, of course. added one rep AND one set each time, so it was 5x5 then 6x6 then 7x7. once i had done 7x7 i seem to remember going up by 5lbs and returning to 5x5 worked out pretty well.