Please allow me to introduce myself...

Options

Replies

• TimDumez
    TimDumez Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    Jim, GoaD is listed as a group in the MFP community. But I believe that it was July that I checked in with GoaD on the new site.

You are doing an amazing job. That is a lot of weight to have lost. Sounds like you have formed "good" habits over these 5 years...
  • TimDumez
    Options
    Thanks Bill, for both the condolences and the welcome...
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    Tim, so sorry for the loss of your DW. Welcome back to our fold.
  • TimDumez
    Options
    Thanks Al! Good to be back. I should just decide to stay forever this time. It seems to work better that way....
  • minimyzeme
    minimyzeme Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Hi Tim, so sorry to hear about you losing your wife. I can only imagine how hard that would be. Getting and keeping yourself healthier is a good investment in you and your loved ones at this point and hopefully GOAD can play a positive role in that. Welcome back!
  • TimDumez
    Options
    Thanks Minimyzeme!!
  • beachwoman2006
    beachwoman2006 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Tim, I'm so very sorry to hear about your wife. While some, and you, might say that's just an excuse. I don't see it that way! Especially if you're an emotional eater. There can't be anything more emotional than losing a spouse or a child. Give yourself a break.

The good news is that you're back at it and ready to take care of yourself. While there might not be as many people here as on the old WW GOAD board, everyone is very supportive and we'll all be here for you!
  • TimDumez
    Options
    Thanks a bunch Cindy! That really means a lot to me, coming from you. Your advice has helped me many times in my several journeys with GoaD. I'm glad you're still around imparting your experience and knowledge to the rest of us. See you on the board! :-)
  • countcurt
    countcurt Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Tim,

Condolences on your loss.

On the getting off-track, sometimes weight management just isn't a life priority. Fine. Better to recognize you had other matters to attend to first and let yourself off the hook. You can't take care of everything at once. At least I can't.

If it's time to reprioritize now, great. Welcome back.
  • TimDumez
    Options
    Thanks Shendler! I really appreciate that...
  • dbishie
    dbishie Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I used to be Itsbish. now i am Bish. still on the ww journey . Good to see some familiar names here. Onward and Downward! stats. 355. 264. 199
  • goldenfrisbee
    goldenfrisbee Posts: 1,640 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Bish
  • MurpleCat
    MurpleCat Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Hi Bish :smile:
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Bish
  • daleweideman
    daleweideman Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone - Dale here. 54, married, professional regular guy in a Silicon Valley software company. Got up to 268 four years ago, started on MFP, dropped 40 over 2 years, and then bounced around in the 225 - 240 zone. Started the year at 235, and decided 2017 is the year I get under 200. Dropped 9 pounds so far - really good on the exercise, but too prone to a few glasses of wine that leads to a few snacks. Alcohol kcals are the worst. Onward and downward stats: 268, 226, 189. Busting 230 was huge for me - above that I'm "fat", below that "a bit heavy". 220 is huge for me - I've long thought that when I get under that, I'll be promotable ("fit" is big in Silicon Valley). Then 200. Hoping for encouragement and support as I keep on my exercise/fitness mission and start "winning the evening" consistently so I keep up the weight loss. If anyone is into a regular accountability check-in, please let me know - keen for that.
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the asylum Dale. Enjoy the ride.
  • minimyzeme
    Options
    Hi @daleweideman , and welcome to GOAD. I think some of our members do a daily accountability thread (if not, feel free to start one). Sounds like you've made some good progress this year--congrats on that! Jump into or start conversations here. I find that participation helps remind me the weight loss is a priority.

For what it's worth, I lost 80 pounds and have kept it off for about a year and a half without an exercise program. Tracking intake and cutting portions has been absolutely key for me. YMMV...
  • Jerdtrmndone
    Jerdtrmndone Posts: 5,687 Member
    Options
    I just realized I never introduced myself here.
    WW name Jerdtrmnd1 (Jerry) I am a life-time member 2005. I lost 110# 30 on my own and the rest with WW. I also stop meetings to financial reasons. I have gained half my weight back.
    I always enjoy reading all posts. I have been on GoaD for a while.
  • minimyzeme
    Options
    Good to have you among us, @Jerdtrmndone !
  • goldenfrisbee
    goldenfrisbee Posts: 1,640 Member
    Options
    Here is my official welcome to you, Jerry.