Please allow me to introduce myself...

Options

Replies

• goldenfrisbee
    goldenfrisbee Posts: 1,640 Member
    Options
    Corbin, you won't be ignored here. There is a thread that is great to participate in called Living the Lifestyle. Get involved in that, and I think it will help you feel connected.
  • crewahl
    crewahl Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    novo7412 wrote: »
    For those on WW, do you log our days on MFP as well? I don't like to think about double posting everything twice but will for the best results.

There's no gold standard. It seems a number of us are double-tracking, but for at least it's more about curiosity than approach. In terms of making food decisions, I find it hard enough to follow one plan at any given point so I'm making WW my approach for food choices. Most dats that means I'm well under on calories because WW has stolen some of that daily allotment and stored it off to the side as weekly points for us.

As a result, I have more to eat per day by calories, but more flexibility by week on points.
  • novo7412
    novo7412 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the great welcome everyone. Excited to be a GoaD!
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 7,942 Member
    Options
    Welcome Corbin. I track on the WW site only. Question, when you lost the weight previously, did you attain "lifetime" status as meetings? If so, when you regain (or re-lose to) your goal weight, if you go to a meeting, you can re-attain lifetime, and get a voucher for free E-Tools. If not, when you get to about 11 pounds over, you could start meetings (you don't HAVE to stay) and attain lifetime when you go through maintenance.
  • novo7412
    Options
    Hi BigAl, my previous WW journey was online only just like this one. I did not go to meetings so I never achieved the "lifetime" status. I am not very knowledgeable about meetings and the 'lifetime" status. Thanks for the advice though!
  • mr_sandyman
    mr_sandyman Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Yea! I'm #103! I was same guy in WW, Sandy IRL. I've been struggling to stay involved with the message board over there.
    When I originally started in 2012 the GOAD message board was a vital link while on my journey to a sane weight, hopefully I can find that lovin feeling again.
    Sandy
  • crewahl
    Options
    Welcome back, Sandy. :)
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,538 Member
    Options
    Welcome Back!
  • novo7412
    Options
    Hi Sandy
  • hogwldfltr
    hogwldfltr Posts: 7 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    After a while away from the WW GOAD community and from tracking, I'm back giving it another try. I hit a plateau and couldn't seem to get past it. It was frustrating enough that although I somewhat followed the plan I gave up tracking. It's been about six months and I'm ready to try again.

Thanks,

-Lee
  • crewahl
    Options
    Welcome back, Lee. You know the story - if you somewhat follow the plan, you'll get somewhat of a result.

Or something like that.
  • goldenfrisbee
    Options
    I'm with you, Lee. For me, I have to accept this as my reality. If I don't keep track of what I eat, I gain weight. First time around I thought I had this mastered, only to hit a plateau and then get frustrated. But when I look back, it was because I slowly allowed more and more things in to my daily eating.
  • tmhollywood
    tmhollywood Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm Mike (tmhollywood). Been on MFP for about a year and a half, but just started seriously using it for tracking last week. My long term goal is to lose 100 lbs. I'm down 22 lbs since my heaviest last December. Always looking for friends to help encourage and motivate. Thanks!
  • HokieBrad
    HokieBrad Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! HokieBrad here (Brad IRL). I used WW back in 2006. Lost weight, got lazy, and started putting it back on. Found MFP back in Dec '15 when I weighed my heaviest at 286. Fast forward to June when serious health issues forced me to make serious changes to my overall health. Down almost 40 since 1/1/16 but I need a Kick in the pants reminder from time to time. Thanks for having me
  • countcurt
    countcurt Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Welcome Brad and Mike.
  • Snowbird_IL2Fl
    Snowbird_IL2Fl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    HI ALL, My old monkier was : Brokeagainbutnotout. I have been / was a GOAD since 11/27/2002. So, you can see I am old :) I stopped posting on the old board about 2 years ago when MY wife joined WW by registering online and got my account since I had not logged off. What a mess, so I quit posting and was only lurking. My shorts (not underwear) started to feel tight so back on the scale .... need to lose my winter 10+. We are snowbirds and there are too many pot lucks, coffee and donuts, etc.

I have been using Sparkpeople to track calories every summer with success , but the boards stink. Went back to the GOAD board and found everyone had move here. I am going to spend some time exploring the site .... I know nothing about it. But, since GOAD's are here, it must be good :smile:

My motto is from Clint Eastwood in The Outlaw Josey Wales:
    “Dieting is easy for men like you and me. It's living that's hard."

Snowbird_IL2FL

• Snowbird_IL2Fl
    Snowbird_IL2Fl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I just found that my profile shows me as a "34 year old Female." Would not mind being 34 again but not sure about the Female part. When I try to edit profile, I can not find where to change age or gender (PC).
  • Philtex
    Philtex Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Welcome Snowbird. That is an interesting on-line identity, you might think about keeping it. :) If not, I hope you figure it out.
  • goldenfrisbee
    Options
    Welcome Snowbird. Glad you found us. I went back to see if I could help you with the profile change, but I couldn't figure it out either.
  • HokieBrad
    HokieBrad Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I have been using Sparkpeople to track calories every summer with success , but the boards stink. Went back to the GOAD board and found everyone had move here. I am going to spend some time exploring the site .... I know nothing about it. But, since GOAD's are here, it must be good :smile:

I too tried Sparkpeople a couple of different times. MFP is much better in my opinion. Welcome aboard and maybe together we can figure out how to update your profile