Awwwwww. Thanks for the warm welcome, folks! You make a girl feel loved
  • MurpleCat
    MurpleCat Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Hey Lily :)
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
    Options
    This is to reintroduce myself with my THIRD User name. I was trying to get my same WW name Jim376 but kept messing up. I'll stick with this and hope I don't mess it up.

The 376 was my starting weight in Jan 2013, now at 236. Making progress toward Onederland. Averaging a pound a week and have lost 32 in 2016.
  • minimyzeme
    minimyzeme Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Jimb376mfp wrote: »
    Averaging a pound a week and have lost 32 in 2016.

Awesome Jim--that's impressive and supports the idea that the program works...if you work it!
  • goldenfrisbee
    goldenfrisbee Posts: 1,640 Member
    Options
    Patience and perseverance have certainly been your friend
  • Philtex
    Philtex Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Welcome Ed! I'm a C25K grad - great program.
  • Philtex
    Options
    I believe C25K was three times per week, increasing times/ distances over 9 weeks.

Two miles - you've got this!
  • minimyzeme
    Options
    Fantastic Ed; you're off to a great start! Welcome to GOAD!
  • goldenfrisbee
    Options
    Welcome Ed
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,536 Member
    Options
    Welcome Ed! Another C25K grad here
  • Pete1964AK
    Pete1964AK Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Not a WW evacuee, I've been on mfp for about 4 years, lost 51 pounds, gained a lot of that back and am now trying to get back to a weight I probably haven't seen in 30 years.
    I detest being a diet and after 5 weeks of seriously logging (almost) everything again, I'm still at the " wandering around the kitchen, looking in all the cupboards and whining about the fact that nothing tastes better than a freshly toasted bagel with butter" stage.
    Looking forward to getting my head together and finding people to help keep me on the path.
  • Philtex
    Options
    Welcome Pete! That buttered bagel and things like it are all about choices. One thought I like to use is "Don't sacrifice what you want for what you want right now." That said, if it was that easy none of us would be here. Stick around, read and post here on Goad. You do take your advice straight, don't you?

Again.....welcome.
  • goldenfrisbee
    Options
    Welcome Pete. If I'm honest, I do some of that wandering too. But I'm using the MFP app and tracking what I eat, both good and bad. I've found that knowing where I'm at at the end of the day calorie wise is helping me. I lost about 50 lbs two years ago on WW and then gave back 45 lbs of progress after I got tired of being mindful.

Lots of folks here will say "There is no finish line". I'm pulling on my big boy pants and accepting that as reality for my life. I don't struggle with smoking or alcohol, but food has always been something I overindulge in. I'm accepting the fact that I will always have to be mindful of what I eat for the rest of my life, and am making it my lifestyle.

I also detest being on a diet, and feeling deprived makes me crazy. But this simple tool of counting what I eat and stopping when I've hit that number is helping. I like that I can eat anything I want, but have to accept the trade-offs later in the day if I want to splurge earlier.

Hang around for awhile and post questions. Participate in the LTL thread. Check in at roll call. Do the things that help you stay present and mindful. We can walk this road together.
  • Kramti386
    Kramti386 Posts: 127 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Kramti here, Name (Mark) and Profession (IT) backwards. Was on the WW boards as the same. Dropped a bunch of weight using WW online 5 years ago. Put about half back on due to life. Have just recently found a new resurgence (or kick in the *kitten*) of getting back to basics. I have been on the FB group and think I was missing a lot by not being here where the cool kids play.

Those of you from the WW board. You were the best meeting that anyone could ever have. Thanks
  • goldenfrisbee
    Options
    Hey Mark. I agree with you. The meetings were great for accountability, but the interaction and schooling was always much better on GoaD.
  • Pete1964AK
    Pete1964AK Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Philtex wrote: »
    Welcome Pete! That buttered bagel and things like it are all about choices. One thought I like to use is "Don't sacrifice what you want for what you want right now." That said, if it was that easy none of us would be here. Stick around, read and post here on Goad. You do take your advice straight, don't you?

Again.....welcome.

Thanks, and that's a good thought to carry about about, not always easy to walk away from bakery stuff as it is my main weakness.

But yeah, the bit I bolded, is what I reckon I need and welcome. I find it too easy to wobble and my wife, although she likes the idea of me losing weight, isn't so keen on the restrictions involved.
  • minimyzeme
    Options
    Welcome, Pete!

One of the wise GOADies reminded me when I lost my weight that I was just a fat guy in remission. I chuckled at how true I knew that was! One thing that really helped me was to not even think about where I wanted to end up (or the fact that I'd be doing this rest of my life). Five pounds at a time was plenty to think about for the better part of a year and a half ('Rinse and repeat'). That, and just taking this one day at a time. Just one day; that's all you've got to do.

Anyway, stick around and join in--it's the best way to get the most value out of GOAD!
  • beachwoman2006
    beachwoman2006 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the fold Mark!