Replies

• KetoLady86
    KetoLady86 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    RowdysLady wrote: »
    KetoLady86 wrote: »
    PamamaJane wrote: »
    supergal3 wrote: »
    @PamamaJane : I love your new photo, but miss the hat!!

Thanks!

My hobbies of choice are knitting and crocheting. Any other yarn fanatics here? If not, what other hobby or hobbies are represented in this group?

I crochet - find it relaxing, but haven't done it in ages, must get my hooks out and start doing it again.

Been ages since I have got on this page - soooooo many posts to catch up on - going to forget about the last couple of months and start fresh

I tried to sew a button on a shirt once if that counts
    KetoLady86 wrote: »
    PamamaJane wrote: »
    supergal3 wrote: »
    @PamamaJane : I love your new photo, but miss the hat!!

Thanks!

My hobbies of choice are knitting and crocheting. Any other yarn fanatics here? If not, what other hobby or hobbies are represented in this group?

I crochet - find it relaxing, but haven't done it in ages, must get my hooks out and start doing it again.

Been ages since I have got on this page - soooooo many posts to catch up on - going to forget about the last couple of months and start fresh

I tried to sew a button on a shirt once if that counts

Too funny! I can sew but cannot knit or crochet. I don't cross stitch or any of that stuff either...too tedious!

I cant...I tried stitching up the dogs toy...it was horrible. I just dont have that skill, I found some double sided tape at Walgreens the other day..so I will have to use that if need be!
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Welcome @Perry47 !!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Thursday already?
    Well, did a two day streak of exercises followed by a messed up knee/hip. I really really want to exercise but I'm not sure if my body is ready for me to push it that extra bit. I skipped yesterday because it was painful going up and down the stairs at home and I knew something was wrong when it was bothering me during the day at work. So back to square one! Going to pull out my exercise binder and see which ones I can file as okay to do for the time being. It's my hip mostly and I can't distinguish if I pulled something or if this is yet another flare up of Fibromyalgia. Good times :disappointed:
    @ProCoffeenator Don't forget those of us who have fibromyalgia have abnormalities in oxygen kenetics. We don't recover from exercise as quickly as 'normal' people and the ATP energy pathways in our mitochondria are compromised. Here's a couple studies on Researchgate.net: https://researchgate.net/publication/7358927_Reduced_tolerance_of_exercise_in_fibromyalgia_may_be_a_consequence_of_impaired_microcirculation_initiated_by_deficient_action_of_nitric_oxide
    Adenosine triphosphate (This is the mitochondria disfunction part) link here for more info on mitochondria and ATP: http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/biology/atp.html

Researchers have found low levels of adenosine triphosphate (ATP) in red blood cells of patients with fibromyalgia. Although the significance is unknown, it has been suggested that low platelet serotonin levels can be explained if platelet ATP levels are also low. ATP is necessary to move and then hold serotonin in platelets. More investigation into ATP and the link to serotonin is needed.

• ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    It's Friday!
    Long week. Wonky numbers. Still Ketoing on!

@canadjineh thank you for linking that to me!! My brain is not awake yet so I'm not processing what this means! However I can tell you before opening the link that I'm also anemic and B12 deficient. Once my brain catches up I will read that!! Thank you again!!

How am I feeling this morning? Well I had a hard time falling asleep due to pain. Got my butt up took a Motrin once that kicked in I happily went to sleep. This morning I'm entirely stiff but the hip pain is way down!

Usually by today I've got my plans laid out for the weekend. Honestly I don't even have my menu laid out for the weekend. I usually make a dish that can carry me through the week for non fasting days lunches. I'm thinking that I just might have a salad week. I'm being lazy! Lol.

Enjoy your day! Play safe!!
  • Carnivorekat
    Carnivorekat Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Glad th pain has eased a bit this morning, nothing worse than pain.

I am back on track from today, have planned my day out so far, but have made a discovery that bacon is giving me pain - I had already added pork to the list of things that caused me gastro pain but hadn't linked bacon in until today - going to be a loss as loved bacon and eggs for breakfast- dilemma now as to what to replace it with, may have to try steak and eggs instead
  • Kimo159
    Kimo159 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I don't have my menu planned for the week either. I'm usually at least 4 days ahead in planning. Last night I made pizza in a bowl (low carb pizza sauce, salami, cheese and a little basil, microwaved). It's kind of been things like that all week. Hopefully I can get back into the swing of meal planning again here soon.

Happy Friday everyone!
  • sherryrichie
    sherryrichie Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday! Looking forward to a tennis match this morning - hoping to not bonk like I did last week. Been pushing the salty stuff and had bone broth with sea salt this morning. I made it into the 160s this morning - haven't been here for about 14 or 15 years. One more half lb. and I will no longer be in the obese range - just overweight. I'm loving it!!!
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Crimeny I'm starving today. I woke up at 0330 and can't seem to get enough food. Already had about half my BPC and when that wasn't making me happy I decided to stop drinking it and I ate eggs with cheese and butter and am still hungry. I may eat 3000 calories today - all keto friendly of course!
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    This week was really hard so I'm glad it is Friday.

I got on the wrong train to work today so that just tells you how it's going for me lol.

Meeting with a supervisor for a new opening at work today. This is to replace the girl who got the job I applied for. As we do not particularly get along, I am laying down my conditions for taking the job. This is the first time I've ever had any inkling of an upper hand in any job situation, so it is a new experience for me. Time to ask for more money lol

Tonight is date night...will be going for Indian food. I am excited!
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    @kathrout1973 could it be nitrates and not the bacon itself? Nitrates upset my son's stomach, so as long as I buy nitrate free he can eat bacon, lunch meat, etc. hoping to save your eggs and bacon!!
  • Perry47
    Perry47 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday All!
    I'm so happy, I finally broke my cycle of binge-ing on drinking HWC with Salted Caramel Syrup (Torani) at midnight after taking the dogs out for their potty break.
    I survived 2 nights with a cup of tea or two, by 9PM and nothing more until morning except water!
    I feel much better and more energetic the last 2 days.
  • Perry47
    Perry47 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Oh...and thanks for the welcome @Cadori.
  • RowdysLady
    Options

I got on the wrong train to work today so that just tells you how it's going for me lol.

Meeting with a supervisor for a new opening at work today. This is to replace the girl who got the job I applied for. As we do not particularly get along, I am laying down my conditions for taking the job. This is the first time I've ever had any inkling of an upper hand in any job situation, so it is a new experience for me. Time to ask for more money lol

Good luck on the meeting! I can beat you on the train thing though...Wed night I ran to the store before I had to pick up Anna from practice. On the way out it was dark, I'm clearly going blind, I was running late and I've been exhausted lately. Instead of driving through an empty parking spot, I clipped the cement pylon holding up a handicap sign....the whole passenger side of my back quarter panel is scraped with yellow paint now....my car is black. Sigh....
  • Carnivorekat
    Carnivorekat Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Cadori wrote: »
    @kathrout1973 could it be nitrates and not the bacon itself? Nitrates upset my son's stomach, so as long as I buy nitrate free he can eat bacon, lunch meat, etc. hoping to save your eggs and bacon!!
    Oooh that's worth trying - I had smoked streaky bacon, which I don't usually have - will get some without the nitrates and see - as I love bacon
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

Good luck on the meeting! I can beat you on the train thing though...Wed night I ran to the store before I had to pick up Anna from practice. On the way out it was dark, I'm clearly going blind, I was running late and I've been exhausted lately. Instead of driving through an empty parking spot, I clipped the cement pylon holding up a handicap sign....the whole passenger side of my back quarter panel is scraped with yellow paint now....my car is black. Sigh....

Ah, sorry. I hope it is just paint and nothing more than that.

In May, the last night of one of my long road trips (I do 1-2 road trips each year where I go 4K-8K miles in 7-10 days, driving at night to the next spot and then hiking or visiting historical sites during the day), I was backing out of a parking spot at a truck stop. They had those 'temporary' concrete barriers for some reason to divide the car parking from the truck fueling islands. So the concrete barrier is shorter than my back window, and I backed right into the concrete. Fortunately, it was super low speed and the only damage was a scuff to my rear bumper. My car was old and had plenty of "character" after a lot of miles in 46 states and a few prior incidents over those miles. So I didn't care. If I did that with my new car (just bought in Sept.), I would want to get it fixed.

ETA: To be fair, my new car has a back-up camera, so the concrete barrier would have been visible if I were driving that car.
  • RowdysLady
    Options
    Anna is 16 and she still has her learner's permit. She clipped a pylon too not long ago except she was trying to park and hit the gas instead of the brake and the passenger front bumper has the same yellow paint. When it happened she was scared to death I was going to strangle her for messing up my car (it's only 1.5 years old and under 40K in miles). I laughed and told her that kind of stuff happens. Clearly I was correct. My poor car.

I asked Rowdy if he wanted to take my car somewhere yesterday. His answer was "no, too much yellow paint"

I just need to wash it really good and it will have scuff marks, but there are no dents.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Anna is 16 and she still has her learner's permit. She clipped a pylon too not long ago except she was trying to park and hit the gas instead of the brake and the passenger front bumper has the same yellow paint. When it happened she was scared to death I was going to strangle her for messing up my car (it's only 1.5 years old and under 40K in miles). I laughed and told her that kind of stuff happens. Clearly I was correct. My poor car.

I asked Rowdy if he wanted to take my car somewhere yesterday. His answer was "no, too much yellow paint"

I just need to wash it really good and it will have scuff marks, but there are no dents.

Hi @RowdysLady - you could pick up a tin of cut polish from a local autobody/general hardware type store if the paint won't come out with just a wash. Cut Polish takes out a lot of lighter scratches and paint smears. Life saver, especially if you choose to sell the car at a later date.

I got a call in to work tonight 10pm-5am. Stupid young (immature) co-worker is screwing things up on his shift so I will be taking his place. A couple of us think he is doing this deliberately to get laid off and collect Employment Insurance, but what he doesn't realize is that he cannot collect if he is laid off (fired) with cause. Problem is, his mess ups are going to get our company's contracts cancelled if he keeps it up. Already the bosses have had to do damage control with the clients and of course have taken him off patrols.
    The mature gentlemanly thing to do would be for him to approach the bosses and let them know that he does not think this part of the job is for him, but no, he purposely screws up so he doesn't have to be the one to say goodbye. I've seen it happen on other jobs and it's always the relatively young immature workers who try this tactic. They don't have the guts to make the decision that the job is not the right fit for them and let the bosses know with proper 2 week notice.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    My meeting/interview got postponed. The supervisor got into an accident on the way here (we work at different offices) because of the rain. Will keep you guys updated on the status of my job lol!
  • supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Welcome @Perry47 ! You seem to be off to a great start!