LCD Chat...

Options

Replies

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    The wedding sounds awesome, @bowlerae - I love to dance too. Good for you for sticking pretty close to plan.
  • ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!

So this morning I woke up sick. My son must have shared his bug with me. Zicam to the rescue! Of course I get sick after calling about getting flu shots for the family. They were out at my Dr.s office.

I actually had a hard time getting up. Usually I jump right out of bed and get moving. Not today. Alarm went off and I went back to sleep for another half hour... oops!

Well. Time will only tell how today goes. Wish me luck!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Hope your flu bug leaves you quickly @ProCoffeenator. I hadn't had a bug for years but one found me in September and hung around for 2 weeks. Throat to nose to chest to ears to eyes. No fun but now gone.
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    Ugh. Hope it's not the flu. So far just the slight cold. Started the zicam right away so hopefully just a couple of days
  • Perry47
    Perry47 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!
    Beautiful night of rain and thunderstorms! A rarity here.
    Okay, I got caught up on all the posts and got my inspiration for the day...a sunny one.
    So...here I go.
    Enjoy your day. :)
  • supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Feel better @ProCoffeenator It's hard to start the day on the wrong foot!
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    Good evening all, after watching TWD last night, the discussion rages, what is better? TWD or GOT? Such different series but both are Oh So Good!
  • KetoLady86
    KetoLady86 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    anglyn1 wrote: »
    Birthday party for my granddaughter today. (I'm super young to be a grandma btw lol) Sadly it's really cold today and it's outside at a pumpkin patch! I'm bringing coffee and cocoa from Dunkin', hopefully people will still show up and freeze with us!

Was just about to say..granddaughter!! You look Supet young
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    KetoLady86 wrote: »
    Birthday party for my granddaughter today. (I'm super young to be a grandma btw lol) Sadly it's really cold today and it's outside at a pumpkin patch! I'm bringing coffee and cocoa from Dunkin', hopefully people will still show up and freeze with us!

I am 38. I have friends my age with babies that are younger! I always feel kind of embarrassed saying I'm the grandma! The baby calls me Gangy...like on Arrested Development. It's my favorite show. lol
  • KetoLady86
    KetoLady86 Posts: 337 Member
    Options

I am 38. I have friends my age with babies that are younger! I always feel kind of embarrassed saying I'm the grandma! The baby calls me Gangy...like on Arrested Development. It's my favorite show. lol

You dont look a day over 30! My mom didnt like the kids calling her maw maw..lol....but what can ya do..my daughter called her paw paw for the longest..lol...Gangy! Thats adorable
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options

I'm 42 and have a grandson who is 2. And he came to me by way of Rowdy's kids...so it's really weird for me. I got a man in my life, two grown kids with spouses and a grandson all in one fell swoop. Saying "grandson" is still odd for me. My grandma name we decided is DeeDee.
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    It's Wednesday! How does the week drag but seem to fly at the same time!?
    Still feeling yucky. And my son is definitely worse off than I am. I know I can push through this, he on the other hand may not make it through the week. Poor kiddo.
  • anglyn1
    Options
    @ProCoffeenator I hope you and your son feel better soon!

It's been a slow week here for me.
  • RowdysLady
    Options
    Awww...I'm sorry you guys aren't getting over the ickies @ProCoffeenator. When Anna couldn't get over her "bug" and I took her in they told me she has allergies. I would have sworn it was strep or the flu. But allergies. She's now on stuff for that and she feels WAY better. I was totally shocked since she'd been feverish and everything.
  • RowdysLady
    Options
    That's gotta feel good...to have that positive reinforcement and comfort with your doc. I am hoping for similar results on Nov 2nd when I go. I carefully reviewed and checked out the docs in the area before choosing but you can only learn so much online. And as we all hear me say enough...out here in East Texas... yeah...options are limited unless I want to drive to Dallas or Tyler.
  • anglyn1
    Options
    @Bonny132 that's great! A good doctor that listens makes all the difference. My doctor has moved and it's not time for me to go back yet so I have no idea who to see. She was wonderful and very supportive of my keto diet. I don't want to find someone new! Sadly WV isn't known for great medical care.
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    @RowdysLady we can only choose from doctors in our catchment area in the UK, unless you go private, we are mainly NHS here which is by the government and public care.
    @anglyn1 I was left speechless, after such a long time I did not expect a young man to totally understand where I am coming from, it was such an amazing surprise, it blew me away.

I wish you all will find a doctor who is willing to listen, it is so important.
  • Kimo159
    Kimo159 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Bonny132 wrote: »
    @ProCoffeenator I hope you will be feeling better soon, the common cold/flu can really run you down. I used to have bad allergies, I used to break out in really bad hives, but my brother used to get more cold/flu like symptoms @RowdysLady

I went to see my new Doctor today. I was instantly suspicious, I could have been his mother lol He's late 20ies I'd say, Indian/Sri-Lankan maybe and I must actually say this: He took his time, listened to me, went through all of my concerns. Instead of walking out with another prescription, I was positively surprised. He was totally onboard with my WOE as it works for me. Agreed I have been totally over medicated and suggested instead of meds, that I be much better off going through a psychological theraphy, with no meds.
    I left the surgery, having this urge to run back in again and to hug him!

I really hope my first impression of him is correct, as this is my first doctors visit in years when I have left the surgery and felt good and positive!

I always found the younger Drs to be more attentive. Now, if I could only switch Drs. Mine is completely useless to me. When I told her I was eating 1200 calories a day (and accurately tracking my intake) and exercising 60 minutes a day and not losing weight, over a three month period she told me to exercise more. I saw a Dr at a walk in who did a blood test on me and looking at the results he thought I had PCOS, told me to get off hormonal birth control and repeat the test in 6 months, when I asked my Dr to give me a req for the blood tests she said she didn't believe in those tests and refused. There's no other Drs in the area accepting new patients so I'm stuck with my current Dr. :(
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    It's Thursday!!
    Early day for me. Probably a good thing to get out early since I have to finish Halloween costumes for the daughter and myself. I've got to turn a big stuffed bunny into a zombie bunny for the girl and I've got to make myself some tentacles and finish flotsam and jetsam for me.... pictures once all is said and done!