Replies

• anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    Cute!!! I love it!!! So creative!
  • Perry47
    Perry47 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    @ProCoffeenator...WOW! What great talent!
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    No dressing up for me this year, and I was hoping to avoid treats, but my daughter baked these low carb bat cookies today...... Oops. Luckily they're made with almond meal and stevia/erythritol but covered with some dark chocolate...go2hvjhv3miu.jpeg
  • missippibelle
    missippibelle Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    My office has trick-or-treat at our desks every year. I have 2 signs on my desk that say "no candy". 3 other co-workers beside me did the same thing. We clearly told people we are not participating because we are "on a diet". (that is easier to explain than LCHF). When I got back to my desk from lunch there was a pile of candy on my desk. UGH. I immediately gave it to my neighbor.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    Not for Halloween, but there was a big meeting at my work that got cancelled last minute. They had already bought a ton of donuts for all the visitors, so they put them out for the office. These are really good donuts and it is so very hard to say no. :'(
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Go for it, @Kitnthecat ! The cookies are beautiful. The dark chocolate cannot be that carb laden. She was obviously thinking of you with those ingredients. Enjoy with her.

I love kids but I live on a drive to island at the end of a private non lit deadend road so there are never any visitors at all. All the houses but one are closed up for the season and that one, I cannot see the house from the end of their driveway. Spooky every night. Any neighbourhood kids are driven to the nearest town to door knock. And we don't need the candy around so ..... it passes unnoticed.
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Oooh....that does sound like a spooky location !
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    Let us know how Dr. Strange is!! I sooooo want to see it!

Dr Strange was awesome! Loved the movie, I could watch it again and again. Mr Cumberbacht is one amazing actor. Cannot wait for Sherlock to be back in January.

Got my new phone today, with new I mean my SO upgraded his so I inherited the old one. I thought my old iPhone 5 was pretty good, but 6 is definitely better, and I love his iPhone 7. I cannot believe I have become an iPhone convert.
  • Jan93L
    Jan93L Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I too, want to "eat all the things". In my case it's because I want something that tastes good. Nothing tastes good anymore! Even carby , sweet things, meaty , fatty things, even nuts ....sigh.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    I am a big fan of the BBC Sherlock series as well. I read an article about how Cumberbatch did IF and endurance training, with a big dose of yoga for the film. His diet was pretty low carb as well. He is supposedly awesome looking, I have to go see the movie to check him out.
  • ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    It's the day after Halloween..... it's....
    November!!!

Wow. This year is absolutely flying by!! I think I blinked and missed a month or two.
    I did well yesterday. I ate none of the food!! I had my emergency stash of cheese and pepperoni in the room so when lunch arrived I broke that out. Then went on my lunchtime walk.
    After work I brought my kids to McDonald's before trick or treating. Again I managed to sip my drink while they ate!
    By the end of the night I had over 17.5k steps!!
    I was exhausted. So we're the kids! It was a good night.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    That's 'cause I ate all of the food today, ProCoffeenator! Fine until late tonight, I 'needed' the Quaker natcho popcorn chips and some cheese just because that wasn't enough. :s
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I am a big fan of the BBC Sherlock series as well. I read an article about how Cumberbatch did IF and endurance training, with a big dose of yoga for the film. His diet was pretty low carb as well. He is supposedly awesome looking, I have to go see the movie to check him out.

He is also apparently amazingly intelligent and spends a lot of time researching and reading. I am not surprised at all that he would go low carb and IF. He does look great in his new movie though. Did not Alexander Skarsgard do something similar for his role in Tarzan? I seem to recall an interview with him, he was however on a very restrictive diet, and nearly cried one day when he was allowed an apple. I must go to google to research this now, as I cannot recall the specifics of his diet and mental exercise plan, but boy did he look good as Tarzan...

Edit: Still trying to get the spelling right of Alexander's surname....
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    Hello Wednesday!!

I'm having a grrr moment. I had started IF and sticking to plan and feeling great. Over the last few weeks I've noticed my loss slow down dramatically and also my symptoms of Fibromyalgia slowly creeping back. Noting major but I'm feeling the stiffness in my hands, joint pains and the deep muscle aches.
    Previously way before starting the Keto life I was the type of person who easily skipped all meals till dinner then grazed at night. Does my body recognize this eating pattern and turned the fat burning off? It's so weird! I haven't been off plan except for the one night with the sampling of an apple recipe my mother had made and a taste of Doritos. That wouldn't cause a two lb extended gain!
    The other theory is I'm overdoing the walking? Don't think that would be causing a gain?
    I'm starting to wonder if I'm one of those people who just can't fast! My metabolism is just that screwed up!
    So once again.... I've got to look back through my journal and what things I've logged on MFP and see what I can change.
    It's a new month and I've got a goal to lose 8lbs to get me to onderland. Now with this set back my goal has to increase this to a 10 lb loss to meet this goal! It's frustrating. I haven't had scale worries in a while.

I'm probably going to end up doing the whole etch a sketch thing if I can't pinpoint what my issue is. In other words. Pick a night. Do a carb load, shock my system out of Ketosis (if I'm even in it at this point) and just re start.

What to do!!
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    @Bonny132 we have our tickets for Dr. Strange tomorrow and I'm so excited. Glad to hear you loved it! :)

@ProCoffeenator I often jump up and down by 2 lbs. or so. Weirdly I used to bloat leading up to my TOM but now I'm at my lowest the day before TOM starts and I hold steady during but the week after I bloat? Weird and different but it's a pattern and it will go away in a week so I don't stress it any longer. I'm not sure how Fibromyalgia works but I have RA and it comes in flares. Keto seems to help control them but sometimes I get a bit of one despite the diet.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    @ProCoffeenator Doritos has MSG which although technically gluten free does really affect a lot of people who have gluten sensitivities including people with FM. I had bad issues last time I ate Garlic flavoured Pork Rinds as I did not read that the spice mix contained MSG and only found out afterward.
    Here's the link to the place where I post the MedScape articles with the latest clinical research on FM including the one on gluten sensitivities and FM: community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10104325/medscape-updates-on-clinical-studies-medical-professionals-continuing-ed-site-re-fm#latest
  • canadjineh
    Options
    DON'T do the carb load ProCoffeenator!! It won't help. I know :/ .
    Make sure you are getting your electrolytes in during your fast and hang in there. You & I are at a similar spot. I haven't really lost any weight doing IF and lower (<25g) carb and actually keep going up & down the same 2-3 lbs multiple times in the past 3 weeks. BUT I am 'svelting' and have noticed that my tummy donut around my navel is gone (it wasn't very noticable, but of course it was in my mind) and my hips and thighs are slimmer so I can get into some jeans I haven't been able to for a few months now.

e276547ed2f6bf35bd12f99eae59221026df790ec84f4d5a1ea8a29eaec7a4cf_1.jpg
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    And then it was Thursday!

Morning everyone! It rained cats and dogs yesterday so I missed my lunchtime walk. Instead I drove my car over to the dam where I walk and watched the roaring water.
    So no fasting yesterday instead I had all three meals plus one snack. And holy *kitten* I even logged my foods! It was weird actually eating! Lol
    I reached out here and on my other group yesterday as to ideas as to the what and why...

@canadjineh Thank you for holding my hand on this one! We are definitely two of the same! I read your link, my sleep does suck. Always has! However it sucks at a point where there's not much wiggle room. I will make the attempt to get what little bit longer I can. My goal is to get 6 hours a night. I slept an extra 20 this morning! Lol
    We are generally pretty good about staying away from MSG. It's always given me headaches, even though I don't get them anymore since my daith, doesn't mean that it won't effect me in other ways!
    I'm going to avoid the carb load! No worries! That is my last ditch idea and thankfully I've got my finger on a few things.

After a few replies over on the other side of the fence, we are looking at the addition of Metformin possibly being a main culprit in this situation. This is a necessity and I've got to let it settle into my system before I can see if this is the case. Everything else seems to be coincidental but may be linked.

So for now:
    No fasting while I get my system gets used to the med.
    Take my medicine!
    Three meals while doing my best to hit my protein goal.
    Add ACV to most definitely one meal via beverage but two will be optimal.
    Go hard on my electrolytes!
    Go easy on my body until these damn flares calm down!!!
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Have been sick for almost two weeks and thought I would have a great weigh in since I ate less, but apparently not.
    Am not stressing over it as I still feel too weak to get worked up. That may be a good thing.
    I notice that although my mind keeps telling me to get back to Draconian Keto NOW, my actions seem to indicate that my real focus is on looking for changes that will make this lifestyle stable and sustainable. In the process of experimenting I am allowing for some regain above goal weight.
    I'm a little concerned about this, but not freaking. I just want to find something that feels normal and stable. Soon, I will have to deal more effectively with getting rid of the regain. I really don't want to slide too far backwards.
    But my gut tells me these adjustments are necessary for ongoing success. Moderation, some enjoyment of selected favorite foods, with adult limits set. I want the subject of food to not cause me instant distress. I want to not binge over every lonely feeling. I'm prepared to give myself the room to learn by trial and error.
    I am now wearing the larger of two sizes that I kept after letting go of five larger sizes. I am not willing to go up another size, so I guess that is my first adult boundary.
    Have a great day, pals.
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    This week has been horrible for working. The weather has been overcast and rainy so I can't seem to stay connected to my remote desktop worth a darn. Many days I've stayed at my desk trying to work hours past what I normally do.

Anna and I square danced two days last week and will again two days this week. Including tonight after we drive an hour to her piano practice. Tomorrow night is football night and I'll be helping out as a Pit Parent for halftime. Saturday she has a practice - last one before we head to the Alamodome! And I'm making about 300 sausage balls for a breakfast the parents are hosting for the band kids. I needed to make sure there were LCHF options available :smile:

We drop Anna at the school on Sunday about Noon then we parents will line the sides of the highway by the school and send them off as they leave on buses for San Antonio. Once they are gone, we pile up and head out to San An too. All day competitions on Monday. Our band performs at 0900 so it will be a REALLY long day until the rest perform and we find out who made it to the finals (of course we will. Right? Right!). Then we drive home Tuesday at some point. Whew!

Just a few more football games thus halftime shows (we probably made playoffs) and Marching Season is over for another year....I'm tired.