LCD Chat...

Options

Replies

• moonlights
    moonlights Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I know fasting is the big fad right now but you don't need to fast - it's like anything, it works for some people and doesn't work for others and you have medical issues that probably complicate things. If you feel better and stronger eating 3 meals a day then do that - I don't lose faster fasting!
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    Just got back from Dr. Strange! Such a good movie if you like Marvel. I loved it!
  • ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    It's Friday!
    I don't know about the rest of you, but this week flew by!
    I was obviously tired last night as I passed right out instead of attempting to watch my shows. I'm still tired and could probably sleep an extra few hours but I've got some adulting to do.
    Plus there's coffee brewing!

My current plan is still working. I'm down to where I was at the end of October. So two lbs lost for the second time. They better not show up again! Looks like there will be no need to shake that etch-a-sketch!! My flare seems to have calmed down it's reduced itself to sore tired muscles. This too shall pass.

• ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    That's good new @ProCoffeenator!
  • moonlights
    moonlights Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Good to hear you're feeling better x
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Gotta work tonight on patrol - managed to get about 11 hrs of sleep to finally catch up a bit. I think that is my main problem, when I'm off work I have a day life too, so sleep is often only 5 or 6 hrs for a few days at a time, then I 'crash' for 11 or 12. I know that can screw with weight loss like crazy. Good your flare is better, I'm dealing with a sore basal thumb joint (arthritis) on my left hand for the past few days. Gotta try & keep it warm tonight so it doesn't ache so much.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Gotta work tonight on patrol - managed to get about 11 hrs of sleep to finally catch up a bit. I think that is my main problem, when I'm off work I have a day life too, so sleep is often only 5 or 6 hrs for a few days at a time, then I 'crash' for 11 or 12. I know that can screw with weight loss like crazy. Good your flare is better, I'm dealing with a sore basal thumb joint (arthritis) on my left hand for the past few days. Gotta try & keep it warm tonight so it doesn't ache so much.

I sleep very little on vacation because I want to maximize what I'm doing, so I tend to have the same sleep crash.
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    Saturday has arrived!

And I'm up! I got myself over 7 hr of sleep which is awesome in my world!! My fasting #'s were awesome, 86. And I slipped below last weeks loss! I'm a happy camper!

Pain wise everything is down to dull. So I'm looking back and really starting to think that fasting is off my plate. I really was hoping that it was something that I'd be able to use in my toolbox of better health. There were just too many flags being raised after starting it that resolved after I went back to my three meal routine.

Lessons learned!

Today's agenda includes: laundry, cleaning, meal planning, and once all the prior is complete... grocery shopping and dinner!!

Here's to a productive Saturday!!
  • canadjineh
    Options
    @midwesterner85, I don't sleep much on vacation either for the same reasons as you, lol. I hate to miss out on stuff!
    Yaaaay, ProC, glad you are feeling better, maybe later in your health journey you will be able to fast a bit, who knows. I never felt I could do it either, but it seems to be working out OK for me right now.
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Whew...we were slaughtered at the game last night but let me tell you...the opposing school had quite an interesting half time show. The drill team, cheerleaders and color guard from the opposing school were sooooo.....um.....uh....inappropriate? Is that a good word? I've never seen high school girls, representing their school at a public event during a choreographed performance act so.....um....uh.....sleezy. Yep. That's the word. Sleezy. And this was their choreographed performance. They weren't just dancing around acting foolish...Some teacher created and approved these moves. They were syncronized sleeze. And on top of that the band was not at all good. You all missed quite the show.
  • kmn118
    kmn118 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    My brother was talking about the young girls at the tailgater at Ole Miss wearing only body paint on their upper half. There had to be an adult with them who obviously DIDN'T disapprove of that. Not sure how this is happening. I don't think we should body shame, but PLEASE teach your children what is appropriate and what is not!
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Yikes!! Sad that entertainment has to be reduced to sleeze in this day & age.
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Only Body Paint??? Oh my.

And how to draw the line that a girl/woman should be able to wear or not wear anything, and be unmolested and not harassed when out in public. But that they really should be appropriately covered and behaved out in public. I do not envy parents trending the lines between those two statements. Both of which I believe in.

Sleezy half time shows? Hard to watch when they are still in school. I know even my younger self would have been uncomfortable. But I was really painfully shy.
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    Fall Back Sunday!!
    Hope everyone remembered to set their clocks back last night!

I'm scared to think what the halftime shows looked like! Our kids get sent home or suspended for showing their shoulders at school but the cheerleaders are fine to just wear body paint!? SMH.

So I woke up all snuffy and sneezing must be fighting something off... then I checked my fasting # 143!!! Ouch! It was a shock after yesterday's low of 86. No cheats nothing.

So today is more of the same... laundry cleaning and organizing. Then hopefully staying awake long enough will watch TWD!

Have a great day!
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Fall Back Sunday!!
    Hope everyone remembered to set their clocks back last night!

Well, I remembered that the time changed but not the direction in which I was to change the clock. I wake up, look at the clock at what I though was 9:00 a.m. and scream to wake up my daughter because I thought she was going to miss her flight. NOT a great way to start the day. She, of course, is laughing at me - remember mom "spring ahead, fall back." Yes, I did teach that to her and her sisters many years ago. LOL

• Aquawave
    Aquawave Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I have done all my morning chores and looked at the clock. It's only 9:30! I know I will hate it when it gets dark earlier.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    This video is worth the time investment, hope you learn as much as I did:
    http://drcate.com/video/practical-lipid-management-for-low-carb-practitioners/
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    I'm being stared at by a snickers bar and it's friends....
    My pork rinds are my shield!!
    Give me strength!
  • Elizabeth2360
    Elizabeth2360 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    For dinner tonight I made Butter Bob Chili . It was ok my husband liked it he had several bowls. I will need to look at the recipe I feel like I missed something. I was really hungry too . Still hungry. Lovely sunny day here a little cool but heh?
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Elizabeth? did you used to eat other things with your chili, like garlic toast for instance....? Sometimes the 'hungry' feeling we get after a change/substitute for old meals is actually old habits calling to us. The reason I ask is because my hubby always used to have a couple pieces of buttered toast with his chili. Now I suggest he has celery with cheese in it and a blob of sour cream or full fat Greek yogourt on top of his chili. Just a change up to a healthier habit and he doesn't miss his toast anymore.