Replies

• RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Thanks @Cadori!
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    To procaffinator..every morning I have a cup of bouillion..sometimes especially in hot weather or if I've been active I'll have an afternoon cup. I do well with this and have a lot of energy. Without it, I feel very drained, very quickly. I also add normal amounts of table salt to food, sometimes i use that himalayIan pink salt as well.
  • ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I use the pink salt myself. Love it!!
    Crazy as it is today my swelling has gotten even worse! Usually my rings are super loose but one is almost uncomfortable tight! Although I did realize that since trying to monitor my actual salt use from my container I haven't been mixing it with my nu-salt! Dumb bunny!!
    By trying to solve my problem I went and made it worse!!
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    Happy hump day!
    Wednesday already! I'm really looking forward to the weekend. Sleeping in (hopefully) and getting some cleaning done! Haha really I just don't want to go to work today.
    I've got a bunch of paperwork to go through for my insurance tonight. I've been ignoring it. Part of my issue is that the cost went up this year by another 6$ a week! Ouch! I was already thinking that it's too much coming out of my pocket. I also haven't been using it except for my prescription side and bloodwork. So I've got to figure out how low I'm willing to drop my coverage and decide if paying out of pocket for the rare visits would be more cost effective.
    As for everything else, I'm still fighting this head cold/creeping crud I've got. Just won't go away.
    I'm also going to say *kitten* it to the whole salt monitor problem! I'm just going to mix them up and not worry about the measurement and just keep pushing myself to salt EVERYTHING. Hopefully after this morning the swelling will start to go down again.

Have a great day out there today!!
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    @ProCoffeenator good luck with your electrolytes. I am seemingly lucky in that I don't put much effort in but stay fairly well regulated. I mainly only have issues after I spontaneously go for a run!

The workdays have crept by for my ever since the time change. Plus knowing next week I get a 4 day weekend for Thanksgiving is probably making this one seem longer!

• RowdysLady
    Options
    @anglyn1 I'm with you - I don't add anything extra and my lytes seem fine. I don't know if I'm just lucky or if it's due to my surgery or what but I eat sodium the way I always did and take my mag the way I always did with no changes. I totally feel for everyone who has to concoct something to keep themselves in balance...
  • anglyn1
    Options
    @RowdysLady I kind of wonder if it's because I often get a fast food bunless burger or a no rice/beans burrito bowl for lunch. Restaurant food is often loaded with sodium. So basically maybe my not so "clean/natural" food keeps me steady? lol
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    It's been a while since I last checked in. Carb control has been... not good for the past bit. I mean I do well for a few days and then it all goes to crap. Usually nothing egregious like candy or bread, but still. The scale is reflecting this--up 5 lbs in 1 week. Calories are mostly okay, but some of that 5 lbs is probably real weight gain.

Time to get back on track. I started today by reducing the berries & yogurt in my smoothie and upping the water in it. Wasn't as creamy as I like, but I think I need to be vigilant for a bit so I'm not craving carbs in the evening as much.
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    Happy Thursday!
    It's getting even closer to the weekend! Yaay!!
    Work dropped another bomb on us last night. *sigh*
    Both me and my partner in the room had a quick heart to heart about the state of the school and our feeling on it. It felt pretty good getting my stress off my chest about that topic and surprisingly she's been thinking the same thing! I thought talking about it would make me all for digging in and making my decision... nope. In a way it gave me more reasons to stay! Ugh!
    So... I'm still on the fence. Just more urgent to figure my crap out!

Have a great day today! I'm hoping to get out as early as possible and enjoy the afternoon!
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    Friday!
    It's Friday everybody!!

The weekend is so close I can smell it! Actually I think that's the rain I can smell.... pressure is dropping and rain/snow is moving towards my area. Am I going to be lucky enough to get my walk in today?

Have a great Day today people.
  • RowdysLady
    Options
    I woke up to thunderstorms this morning. Which is fine, except I have a call this morning and that means the cell phone may or may not work out here. My kids are off from school the entire week next week. I have laid out cleaning plans for them so on Thanksgiving we can have a nice meal and trim the tree!
  • anglyn1
    Options
    We've got some cold and rain, potentially snow in our forecast this weekend. It looks like the prognosis has somewhat improved from what they said early in the week however. Yesterday was in the 70's...I wish we could just keep that year round.

I really, really need to make myself work on my house this weekend. It's so messy. It's ridiculous. I am the world's worst housekeeper. So that's a project. Next week I have 3 Thanksgiving dinners to navigate. Fun, fun. At least it will cut my grocery bill just in time for my first car payment. Sadly groceries have to be slashed because I prioritized getting my hair colored yesterday! haha
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    Wed. we hit a record high of 80F, yesterday started snowing around 9AM, this morning, about 2 ins. accumulated snow and tons of sunshine with a bright blue sky. Ah, Colorado, gotta love it. I've been doing snow removal duty to get some steps in this AM.

Next week we have no one coming so will just have a standard meal, we aren't big turkey fans. I did take advantage of the snowy day to try out a low carb recipe for pumpkin cheesecake, turned out pretty good considering I have never done a cheesecake before.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    Wed. we hit a record high of 80F, yesterday started snowing around 9AM, this morning, about 2 ins. accumulated snow and tons of sunshine with a bright blue sky. Ah, Colorado, gotta love it. I've been doing snow removal duty to get some steps in this AM.

Next week we have no one coming so will just have a standard meal, we aren't big turkey fans. I did take advantage of the snowy day to try out a low carb recipe for pumpkin cheesecake, turned out pretty good considering I have never done a cheesecake before.

Similar here in Southern Iowa... yesterday was mid-70's. It's in the upper 30's now (colder overnight, of course) and it rained / misted a bit this morning. No more precipitation is expected until Tues. and it should still be warm enough to be rain then. That's unusual. It is normal to have major temp. fluctuations, but not normal to have been so warm and without snow. The late fall / winter fluctuations are normally smaller and at lower amounts. We should have seen snow by now at least once. Then again, the last decade or 2 have shown us unusual years almost every year. So to not have snow yet this time of year is becoming normal, I suppose.
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    Happy Saturday!!
    It's the weekend! Yaaay!

I know I was exhausted because I slept for 9 and a half hours! Lol. I did wake up at my normal four am time but said no way and went back to bed.

Shark week is here on top of everything else going on. Bleh. On a good note there was no gain with it. Just a much smaller loss this week than what I would have liked to see. Not complaining though!

Snow is in the forecast for today. As well as high winds. In other words it's cold outside, so indoor activities it is!

Hopefully everyone got some sleep and are ready for some fun today!!
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Today is date night. Boyfriend bought tickets to this David Bowie tribute concert so that is where we are going.

We are trying to pick a place to eat before the show. I'm trying to push him towards Five Guys because the burgers there are so good and they're super LC accommodating (my location has a sign that burgers and hot dogs are available bunless) but I'm not going to complain if he wants steak! Lol

Just having my morning coffee and heading to the gym in a bit.

Have a good one lovelies!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Congrats to everyone for muddling through this past week.... this is what I've been up to since Monday:
    r0m5k6l56bx2.jpg

That and a stupid head cold on top of things. I have not been Keto or even that low in carbs... keepin' it pretty well under 50 or so though. A couple of Hot Split Pea Soup meals, some popcorn, 3 bananas ( :o ), etc. So far no weight gain and the plus of no constipation - just normal pooping for a change, lol. Keto under 25 screws with my bowels, there is no way around it :(
    Sorry... TMI lol.
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    Morning everyone!

/motivational rant on
    Today I'm taking one step at a time. I'm going to do my best to not dwell on my stress. I'm going to keep my head up and not feel sorry for myself or the situation that's hit me like a tsunami.
    Instead I'm going to embrace it and let myself get mad. I'm going to let my anger fuel my determination. I'm going to survive! Not only that I'm going to grow from this!!
    /end rant

On another note.... staying on track and feeling great about that! Haha
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    Good Tuesday Morning!
    All I can say is brrrrr! It got cold fast! I don't do cold. Nothing I can do about it other than layer, layer, layers! Funny that I still have some clothes that are too big for me since it makes it easier to layer up!
    I attempted to get my lunch break walk in and quickly said no way. So I'm not sure what to do! Luckily I did enough walking around on the playground with the kids that my Fitbit called it exercise! Thanks electronic bracelet for giving me an out!!
    It's even colder today so I know right now that walk just isn't happening! Worse is that our schedules are screwed up so I'm not getting out early this week or next! Bleh!
    Just going to keep going and do my best!