LCD Chat...

Options

Replies

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Hubby has 100% unsweetened orange/peach/mango pureed juice in the fridge right now and it is calling to me along with the Grey Goose. AND I never drink fruit juice. Pretty sure I could drink the whole 2 litre carton at this moment.
    I have to stay up late tonight even though I had to get up at 5:30 this morning for a work callout, because I have to start work at 10 PM tomorrow night and work til 5:30 am. I want to delay going to bed as much as possible tonight so that I can sleep late tomorrow to 'reset' bedtime. I also have to work Sat night 10-5:30 and then I have the rest of Sunday off because I have to be at the hospital for surgery prep at 9:30 Monday morning.
    Hahaha, the pre-op nurse phoned today and said don't forget, you have to fast from midnight. LOL, I almost told her I usually fast for 16 hours so that'll be a cinch!

Doing without all my supplements is really hitting my health right now though. I have to be off all of them for this week before surg. :'(
  • ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    TGIF!!

Woke up... I'm admitting defeat. The germs win. I'm sick.
    Still no rest for the wicked! Must finish off today. Tonight will be bed early and an attempt to sleep in on Saturday!
  • goldengirl111
    goldengirl111 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Question...how many carb grams do you eat per day?
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    @canadjineh , that is a grueling schedule. Good luck with the sleep reset. And the surgery. Fasting, easy peasy!
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    @goldengirl111 was that specific for someone above you or a general question? There's a thread bouncing around about that now if it was a general question.

• canadjineh
    Options
    @canadjineh , that is a grueling schedule. Good luck with the sleep reset. And the surgery. Fasting, easy peasy!
    I managed to stay up until 2 AM this morning... so 21 hrs awake :o and then slept til 11 AM so I should be good for tonight. What sux is that we are expecting rain tonight and I hate getting out & trudging around buildings through the back gardens, etc when it's pouring. So dismal. Of course it does keep misbehavers down to a minimun too. :p
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    Morning everybody
    It's Saturday, the weekend is officially here!

This weekend I'm planning on measuring out some salt and actually monitoring how much I'm using throughout the day. I've been experiencing swelling in the morning and trying to figure out if it's a sodium/potassium issue.
    I'm also planning to keep track of my water/beverages. I've always logged coffee and tea. Never kept up with water or diet drinks.

Get out there and make it a great day!
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday all, I am going for a nice relaxing weekend then a week of trial and error in the gym. Decided as I am off work to try out a bunch of classes to find my likes and dislikes.

I am slightly excited about the torture next week will give me, but I hope a few of the classes I will try will suit me. Shame my FitBit will not be with me to record it all, but I should get my replacement at some time next week.

Wishing you all a fabulous weekend!! Life is too short so enjoy it whilst you can, live with no regrets. Have fun and plenty of sex. How else can you burn calories whilst thoroughly enjoying every second of it? Be inventive, have fun, let your partner know just how much you love her/him.

Then have a fab brunch with lots of bacon, eggs, chippolatas and whatever else you desire, cooked in butter or coconut oil of course.

Have a great one all!!
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Bonny132 wrote: »
    . Have fun and plenty of sex. How else can you burn calories whilst thoroughly enjoying every second of it? Be inventive, have fun, let your partner know just how much you love her/him.

Yes!!

I have a baby shower to attend later today which, from experience, will be a total carb fest. I'm going to eat beforehand and bring BPC.

I have a question for those who have been on this woe longer than I have: in the past, when I've had a stomach bug I've lost several pounds but they've always been water weight that I gained back as soon as I started eating. I had a bug this week and am down a bit and wondering if, since I've already depleted water weight from going low carb, if this loss is a fat loss. I know time will tell, but I was just wondering if anyne had experience with this.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Cadori wrote: »
    Bonny132 wrote: »
    . Have fun and plenty of sex. How else can you burn calories whilst thoroughly enjoying every second of it? Be inventive, have fun, let your partner know just how much you love her/him.

Yes!!

I have a baby shower to attend later today which, from experience, will be a total carb fest. I'm going to eat beforehand and bring BPC.

I have a question for those who have been on this woe longer than I have: in the past, when I've had a stomach bug I've lost several pounds but they've always been water weight that I gained back as soon as I started eating. I had a bug this week and am down a bit and wondering if, since I've already depleted water weight from going low carb, if this loss is a fat loss. I know time will tell, but I was just wondering if anyne had experience with this.

Water weight is always a constant in weight loss.

You lose a mix of fat, water, and muscle. If you eat enough protein and do resistance training, muscle loss should be minimized but it's always gonna be a mix of those three.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Plenty of sex doesn't count if you are underneath, lol. Get on top; in the shower; in the canoe (good for balance too :p ) etc hahahahaha
  • idocdlw
    idocdlw Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    God help me. I angered a family member and things got UGLY. I didn't engage...just let the other party blow a gasket. I have already had my two glasses of wine and am trying to get settled down drinking chamomile tea (it is not as effective as wine).
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    Happy Sunday!!
    I managed to get eight hours of sleep! Fell asleep early. Lol

My monitoring water and sodium yesterday showed I'm not getting as much salt as I thought. I did remember to log my water. That's as far as that goal goes!
    Going to try harder to get that sodium again today.
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Plenty of sex doesn't count if you are underneath, lol. Get on top; in the shower; in the canoe (good for balance too :p ) etc hahahahaha

All about being inventive lol

And happy bodies makes us keep cravings in check as hey...we want more "exercise"
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    Happy Monday!

Back to work today. If my out times are anything like last week I will be a happy camper!
    Goals today:
    get my steps up!!
    Get my salt up!
    Record my drinks in my food log
    Stay in a good mood!

Have a great day everyone!!
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    @canadjineh mwhahahaha....canoe! And I think the bottom gets plenty of exercise too! At least in my experience...
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    It's Tuesday!!

I'm struggling with my salt! Made a thread just now looking for ideas... this morning was my worst waking up swollen!

This weeks goals already took a hit :disappointed: I neglected to log anything. I just went to sleep. I was having a pretty bad day and just straight up exhausted.
    The two major need to work on for this week are obviously the salt issue but also managing to get out the door in the morning on time and not grumpy!! We will just have to keep working on it.

• Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    RowdysLady wrote: »
    LCHF is going much better these days than they were a few weeks back. Very happy to be back on track.

Yesterday Anna had her physical and the NP just blurts out you were 235 lbs when we saw you in June and now you are 218. Now you have to know that Anna never looks at the scale. She gets on it, looks away and I take care of the rest. (Wish I could be like that) but boy - was it really cool to see her happy surprise that lower carb is working for her. I gave her a pair of my size 12 jeans yesterday and they fit. (She was in an 18) She's like "Mom, these are NOT a 12". Look at the label Anna. "OOOOMMMMMGGGGGG" hehe.

Oh Donna that's wonderful!!!!! And so happy things are going better for you too. :)