LCD Chat...

Options

Replies

• Elizabeth2360
    Elizabeth2360 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    No I didn't have toast but I tried that oopsie bread not sure if i made it right . I am in a low carb group on Facebook and people are always going on about the chili and that bread . I think my expectations were to high. I did add cheese to mine. It was ok I would just change a couple things up next time.
  • ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday!
    It's this first week of the time change which always is rough for me. I up at 3, scared to fall back asleep since I've got to work and I just know that second wave of sleep if I let it happen there's no way I'd be up and moving. So up I am!
    I fought a brave battle last night against the chocolate. In the end, emotional eating won out. I'm currently putting my bandaids on and moving on. At least it wasn't an all day affair. Couple of pieces and I was struck by the ghost of future regret and put it down. So in a way, I'm slightly proud of the fact that I caught myself. Not that I ate forbidden fruit. Lol.
    On a side note, my fasting number is lower than yesterday's! How's that?
    Here's to a new day!
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday! My little one was up sick all night so I'm home with a sickie snuggled on me.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    I'm being stared at by a snickers bar and it's friends....
    My pork rinds are my shield!!
    Give me strength!

Power to the pork rinds :D
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    I was devastated yesterday. Made the most incredible ham/gammon, so tender it needed no chewing. Perfectly steamed cauliflower and broccoli with home made garlic and parsley butter... till I dropped the bowl, sent the veg flying and we were left with just meat on our plates.

I found yet another spot on the wall today where the broccoli had bounced off...

I was soooo looking forward to the veg too. Lesson learned, do not put your finger into freshly steamed veg and expect to not burn said finger.
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    It's Election Day!
    Ugh. It's Election Day. So I guess be careful out there today. It's going to be a crazy day I tell you.

I think I'm coming down sick. I've got all those wonderful cold symptoms. Just in time for a super busy week. I'm not happy.

So I'm pushing for the rest of November to be a non slip month. I've got my cheat out of my system. Now it's recovering and moving forward. I think it's this time of year giving me the doldrum key. So I've just got to amp myself up and not give up.

Here's to a new day!
  • Aquawave
    Aquawave Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Went out to vote at 9Am, back at 9:45. Line was short and time was spent talking to my neighbors about cats and a recent bear sighting. Now I can sit down and have coffee.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    Aquawave wrote: »
    Went out to vote at 9Am, back at 9:45. Line was short and time was spent talking to my neighbors about cats and a recent bear sighting. Now I can sit down and have coffee.

I hit the polling place at 7:40 and was on the road to work by 7:50 this morning.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Just a question.... if Johnson and Stein vote on Clinton's side in any passing of laws they outweigh Trump, no? Since they in total would be at 51%. Or do I just not understand your political system?
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

I'm at a loss for words. Stayed up watching the polls close. Woke up... and well....

Long day ahead of me. I've got my late work day and what has the potential to be a long meeting afterwards.

Have a great day all!
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Just a question.... if Johnson and Stein vote on Clinton's side in any passing of laws they outweigh Trump, no? Since they in total would be at 51%. Or do I just not understand your political system?

No, there is only 1 President. So Johnson, Stein, and Clinton get no influence at all.

Trump will not have any technical ability to pass a law. The legislative branch (House of Representatives and Senate) passes laws. President is a final "check" on a bill (a bill is the proposed legislation, a law is legislation that has passed all steps including President) after it has already been passed by the legislative branch. The President can choose to either sign it into law, veto it so it does not become law, or do nothing at all (in which case, it automatically becomes law after a period of time anyway). If the President vetoes a a bill, the legislative branch can over-ride the veto and make it a law anyway... but that requires a "super-majority."
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Thanks midwesterner85. Totally different from our system. Here if there is a minority gov't (more than the percentage of each party on its own but less than the total of the other parties put together) they can be 'ganged up on' by the official opposition plus representatives of the other parties who got voted in in their ridings.
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    Good morning everyone!
    It's Thursday! Another busy, crazy day!
    After my late night at work with my meeting I'm up early for my open day at work. It's rough.
    I at least know I'm leaving early today to bring my oldest to the dentist then later on it's conferences for her school! Phew!
    Somehow I've got to squeeze in a walk today.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Long weekend starts at 4pm today! This week has been a pain, as I feel like my superiors at work have been extra pushy as to make up for not working on Friday. :D
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Yay for long weekends! I just had a 4.5 day long weekend and I've been playing make up since Noon yesterday...but so worth it!
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    I've been dragging ALL day!! Can't shake the tired! Coffee is not helping, just got some broth in me and that gave a quick 5 minute refrain from this fog but didn't last.
    Now I'm giving some diet my dew and HB eggs with LOTS of salt a go....
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Shake it off and hang in there. (Let me know if you need any other useless platitudes...I'm full of em)

Sorry it's rough today. I am back on track and feeling good overall but I want a Pepsi Zero and may have one when I go out later.
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    I think the busy week is just catching up with me... one more day of work and it's the weekend. I'll do my best to try for some quality sleep tonight....
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    ((Hugs)) @ProCoffeenator

I have a stomach bug today so I haven't eaten. I really want orange juice...I'm guessing that's an emotional, always had it when sick, response. I may not eat until tomorrow. I guess I'm accidentally 36+ hour fasting.