Replies

• anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    Hang in there @canadjineh! Your carnivoreo comment cracked me up btw! lol

• anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    OMG that is so awesome @canadjineh! I love that you have a doctor willing to experiment! :)
  • Catawampous
    Catawampous Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    YAY!! Really big congratulations! *claps*
  • kmn118
    kmn118 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Paint something... can't eat with paint on your hands! ;)
  • supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    If only that doctor was in the States!! Great progress.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Ugh... started off Friday with the major hungries at 00:30 as this is a normal snack time on patrol (although I was off duty last night), but I just couldn't get satisfied! I ate pepperoni and 125g of Halloumi Cheese which kinda blows 1/2 my protein & fat macros for the day already. IF since then and not feeling too hungry but geez, I haven't even gone 12 hours and food is on my mind again. My mouth really wants the taste of my beautiful organic unsweetened applesauce (a small 500g tub is sitting in the fridge for my hubby right now - the rest is in the freezer). I am missing fruit these days.
    Pray for me, lol. I must get out of the house quickly, I think, or I will "Eat all the things."

Apples are something I really miss!
  • ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone! It's Saturday!
    So I had a moment last night. I made the decision to try some baked apples which my mother had made for the family.. sugary, carby apples. Yes they were delicious as fruit is one of the few things I really miss. Later I decided to nibble on a few Doritos cause that's my weakness... well I thought they were. Those were disgusting! So effing gross I don't think I could ever eat them again. Those went in the trash.
    Thankfully I stayed under 50 total carbs more like 30 net. Not too shabby I've just got to burn off the glucose stores I gave myself and get that fat burning machine oiled up!
    The funny thing. I don't feel guilty about those two things last night. I was in control and conscious about my choices and the fact that my brain said "bleh" I don't have to worry about wanting them anymore! So win in my book!!

Keep calm and Keto on! Or LC on! Or Paleo on!.......
    Whatever floats your boat!
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday all, and oh I love apples!!! I need to find some low carb apple options as we have an apple tree.

Off for Italian tonight and watching the Marvels Dr Strange, love date night! Always puts me in a good mood.
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    Let us know how Dr. Strange is!! I sooooo want to see it!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Homemade applesauce, just cook down your chunks of apple but do NOT puree I start my pot on med-low once I have covered the bottom with apple pieces, cook as you quarter, core, peel and cut. That way you end up with a base puree and nice slightly firmer fresher tasting chunky bits in it. No need to add sugar, just lots of cinnamon and a handful of raw cranberries once the apples are almost done. You are finished when the berries pop & release their tangy juices.
    Awesome, and a slightly more attractive pink colour.
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    Good Sunday Morning Everyone!!

Been a busy weekend. Worked on my costume a bit for work yesterday between taking my daughter to her Halloween party and picking her up. I've got some stuffing to do today and assembly to do today then I'm off to my normal clean like a madwoman!

@canadjineh brings me back to my childhood! We used to make an applesauce out of crab apples. It was naturally sweet and sour and always came out a super pinkish color.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Homemade applesauce, just cook down your chunks of apple but do NOT puree I start my pot on med-low once I have covered the bottom with apple pieces, cook as you quarter, core, peel and cut. That way you end up with a base puree and nice slightly firmer fresher tasting chunky bits in it. No need to add sugar, just lots of cinnamon and a handful of raw cranberries once the apples are almost done. You are finished when the berries pop & release their tangy juices.
    Awesome, and a slightly more attractive pink colour.

Darn, I am not to the other fruits stage yet, and we have home grown golden delicious apples in the basement, just waiting to do something like this. Thanks for sharing your technique, sounds nice with the chunks.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    We also have a crab apple tree (I add to my dad's regular eating apples in some of my apple sauce - friends make jelly from our crab apples too) but they ripened much earlier than the other eating apples. The crabs are a gorgeous yellow fleshed, deep burgundy skinned apple and I like to eat them raw - I am a big fan of sour flavours. I don't have much patience for the peel & core part of doing crab apples for sauce though. Otherwise you just have to cook the whole mess up and then sieve it, lol.
    Last night was quiet at work except for every young adult in costume hanging out for munchies at the 7-11 at 3 am after the parties. No mischief though, which was good. It got pretty cold, that could be the reason. There was frost on the wharf when I went to open the wharf gates at 4:30 am and all the cars at the Ford lot had an ice layer over their windows. The drops of moisture on the car bodies were all solid and shone like diamonds under the lights. Very pretty.
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    Happy Halloween!!
    It's my favorite day of the year!
    It's also one of those typical holidays that make me fall off the wagon. So I'm doing the best I can to avoid temptation! This is super hard since I'm working and there's all the goodies at parties and not to mention trick or treating with the kids! Eek!
    Ironically I managed to forget my meds over the weekend so my sugar is back up which gives me even more reason to avoid treats today.

So of course I've got to ask everyone what they are doing for Halloween! Are you dressing up? Maybe you went to a party over the weekend? How did you do staying on plan?

I worked on my costume over the weekend! I'm going as Ursula from The Little Mermaid. Hopefully I get some good pictures taken and I'll share later today or tomorrow!

Have a Spooktacular Day!!!!
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    This year, I did nothing for Halloween. I don't like kids, but want to be liked by neighbors, so I'm going to just put a shelf with Slim Jims (so the leftovers are mine) outside on my doorstep so I don't have to see any kids, but I'm still giving something out.
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    nada, zip, zilch. My kids are old enough not to trick or treat. We live in an isolated area so no kids will visit and I didn't decorate. I'm just a Halloween Grinch I guess.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Happy Halloween to all! It's also my and hubby's wedding anniversary, and he's taken vacation this week, so very busy with fun things! And, today I'm finally doing what I need to do for my body. First day of Zero Carb!!! And no longer calorie or macro counting. I feel very liberated and freed at the thought, so I know I'm ready B)