LCD Chat...

Options

Replies

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    I found an awesome coffee bar at my local Shell gas station... besides getting me more airmiles they have six (6!!!!) different 0/0/0 flavour syrups to put in my dark roast. OMG, it was Caramel today - didn't make it sweet luckily, but did give it that wonderful aroma & faint flavour. Everything from Cinnamon Bun, to Creme Brulee, to Blueberry Cobbler plus the usuals like French Vanilla, and Hazelnut.
  • Perry47
    Perry47 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much @supergal3!
    I'm feeling great and so stoked. Very successful On Plan Day, today.
    Upped my daily mileage total to 6.8 miles.
    Activity Level doubled (I use Apple watch, very motivating).
    It's finally cooling down for us in AZ, so I pulled out the shop vac and did some deep cleaning. Whoa, I feel some muscles tonight...haven't used them lately!
    Tired and enjoying my tea before I unplug for the night and mindlessly watch TV and sink into some good sleep.
    I'm going to catch up in this group, while I finish my tea.
    Hope you all have a wonderful and relaxing night!

• ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    How did it get to Saturday already?!

I'm starting to feel like I've got this WOE under control!! Seriously there have been times I felt like I was stumbling around in the dark! I've been researching and reading and listening to various podcasts and videos. Well I found the light switch!!

So I'm still stuck on what to do with the kids today. I want something free or cheap at least! Something where I can move and get some steps in AND have it as enjoyable for the kids. Interwebs here I come!!

Have a great day all!!
  • Carnivorekat
    Carnivorekat Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Yay to finding the light switch, that's half the battle.

I did almost perfect yesterday but had a little blip just before bed - most of what I ate yesterday was processed meats though so today going for pure cuts of meat see if it stops the temptations - ended the day with stomach pain again, somalso hoping pure meat will not cause that issue.

Having a very lazy day today, I seem to be only managing to do things every other day at the minute but hopefully once the eating settles down my energy will come back.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Saturday is here! So stoked because this week was crazy!

Had an off plan meal last night - went to an Indian/Chinese fusion restaurant - and then it was back on plan this AM!

I find that the best thing to do after going off plan is to get yourself back on track and be prepared with on plan foods. My fridge is stocked with several on plan foods so I have no excuses. And as @baconslave always stresses: NO GUILT, NO EXCUSES.

Going to see a wrestling show tonight so I'm excited!
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    Birthday party for my granddaughter today. (I'm super young to be a grandma btw lol) Sadly it's really cold today and it's outside at a pumpkin patch! I'm bringing coffee and cocoa from Dunkin', hopefully people will still show up and freeze with us!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    Options

I find that the best thing to do after going off plan is to get yourself back on track and be prepared with on plan foods. My fridge is stocked with several on plan foods so I have no excuses. And as @baconslave always stresses: NO GUILT, NO EXCUSES.

Daaaayyyyyum straight! :tongue: :+1:
  • Perry47
    Perry47 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »

Daaaayyyyyum straight! :tongue: :+1:

Yup!! Me too.
    Thanks for the reminder @samanthaluangphixay.
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    Eenie, meanie, miney.... mo!
    It's Sunday! Yay it's Sunday!

Do you know what I'm excited about? It involves a bat wrapped in wire and a long wait to find out who was picked! I'm a total geek. Sorry.

Well I've got cleaning to do, laundry to wash and dry, one errand to the pharmacy.... there's lots of other little things to do too! I'm going to be a busy girl today I think.
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    From this end - Forums were invisible again last night- maybe more trouble from that DDoS attack ---was able to enter foods though.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    Eenie, meanie, miney.... mo!
    It's Sunday! Yay it's Sunday!

Do you know what I'm excited about? It involves a bat wrapped in wire and a long wait to find out who was picked! I'm a total geek. Sorry.

Oh, I'm so excited about this...
  • BT_rescuemom
    BT_rescuemom Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Yes! So excited for Walking Dead!

Hubby and I had a Keto date today, ate ribs and collard greens and bought some meats and cheeses from the fancy deli downtown. I'm excited to try the ash aged goat cheese and the caper stuffed anchovies. Oh, duck prosciutto is also another thing we got for the second time. So fatty and salty, yum!
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    Monday is here.

There's no hiding from it. Wish I could! I'd love to curl back up into my warm bed and sleep just a little bit longer. The price we pay for really good television!

TWD Fans... last nights episode was amazing!! I'll be nice since I know some people record and watch later. No gory details.

Since I was up watching my show I obviously let my sleep slack some. Besides that my numbers looked pretty good for the day.

I've also been working towards fine tuning my Keto. I've got a few targets that I've been aiming for and monitoring my sugars. Of course I had to hit a snag with my testing supplies. Went to go refill my script over the weekend and of course they can't fill it since I have to now order all of it through the mail. Frustrating. I'm one of those people who like the old fashioned face to face interaction with my pharmacy I don't want to wait so many business days for my package to arrive! Plus the frustration of setting all this up. Ugh! It's just another frustration to add to my to do list. Be thankful that I have insurance? Yes. But it costs me an arm and a leg to have it. And my insurance is run through a third company that assists you. Every time I've tried using that assistance they have been totally useless full of "I'm not sure about that". Let's see if we can find something on google... seriously I had a woman say that to me! I can google on my own thanks! Glad to know my premium has gone up so these people can do web searches for me! SMH.

Onwards to a adventurous work week!
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    RowdysLady wrote: »
    Anna is 16 and she still has her learner's permit. She clipped a pylon too not long ago except she was trying to park and hit the gas instead of the brake and the passenger front bumper has the same yellow paint. When it happened she was scared to death I was going to strangle her for messing up my car (it's only 1.5 years old and under 40K in miles). I laughed and told her that kind of stuff happens. Clearly I was correct. My poor car.

I asked Rowdy if he wanted to take my car somewhere yesterday. His answer was "no, too much yellow paint"

I just need to wash it really good and it will have scuff marks, but there are no dents.

Hi @RowdysLady - you could pick up a tin of cut polish from a local autobody/general hardware type store if the paint won't come out with just a wash. Cut Polish takes out a lot of lighter scratches and paint smears. Life saver, especially if you choose to sell the car at a later date.

I got a call in to work tonight 10pm-5am. Stupid young (immature) co-worker is screwing things up on his shift so I will be taking his place. A couple of us think he is doing this deliberately to get laid off and collect Employment Insurance, but what he doesn't realize is that he cannot collect if he is laid off (fired) with cause. Problem is, his mess ups are going to get our company's contracts cancelled if he keeps it up. Already the bosses have had to do damage control with the clients and of course have taken him off patrols.
    The mature gentlemanly thing to do would be for him to approach the bosses and let them know that he does not think this part of the job is for him, but no, he purposely screws up so he doesn't have to be the one to say goodbye. I've seen it happen on other jobs and it's always the relatively young immature workers who try this tactic. They don't have the guts to make the decision that the job is not the right fit for them and let the bosses know with proper 2 week notice.

Thanks canadjineh. We found something at the store and Rowdy worked tirelessly to polish the yellow out. It looks way better now but there are some places where the scrapes were down to the metal. I know he's not nearly done yet, because any job unfinished must be completed at the ranch. He's such a good man...

On the vein of the rest of your post - Rowdy runs a welding shop for a manufactured home plant. He has been there over 2 decades and honestly, in my opinion, make not nearly enough money for the work. He's watched the plant go from building 15 frames a day with 8 - 10 guys in the shop to 3 a day with 4 guys in the shop. Turnover is awful because they simply don't pay enough to any of them - they are working in the heat, the (Texas) cold, rain, wind, dirt...it's hard, grueling, gross work. And they only seem to get young applicants who just don't really want to work or truly don't know how to weld. The business does not require them to be certed because they don't pay enough. The current "employees" Rowdy has right now? For the last month he hasn't had a full crew show up on any day of the week except an occasional Wednesday. Last week, I think Thursday, he came home in a tussle because they only built 1 frame all day. Three guys 1 frame. He was furious but because the guys above him don't want to support him he just pushes through and does what he can. So, in an answer to the concern Rowdy has for these guys - Rowdy's boss pulled the worst one from the shop last week and moved him to an inside job because Rowdy complained that both these guys needed to be fired. So the moral is...don't show up, do a lousy job when you do show up and you get an air conditioned inside job. Sigh...
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Usually Mondays suck but I LOVE TODAY!!!

Even when I felt tired, I went to the gym and worked on my bench press and deadlifts. While bench was a struggle bus (I am much weaker on my upper body), I was proud to put in some work and I worked on my 200lb deadlift goal (one rep max). I got 175lbs! I'm very happy and proud because when I set my goal (to get it before the year ends), I didn't know if I could obtain it. But as time has gone on and I have been getting stronger, I am really happy with my progress.

And then I went to work and my friend/colleague has been sending me gifs over Google Chat all morning and they have been making me laugh.

Happy Monday, folks!
  • bowlerae
    bowlerae Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Was at my brothers wedding this weekend. For the rehearsal dinner there was a fajita bar (which is my favorite Mexican food). I got 2 tortillas with all the usual fixings except rice and beans. There was also a pasta station that I did not touch (and any type of pasta is my favorite dish overall). I got too plates and the second I did without tortillas. I thought it would be hard to have fajitas without tortillas but it actually wasn't so I wish I went that way the first time. But since I only ate eggs and bacon that day I figured I was okay on carbs even if each tortilla may have been 20+g carb per serving. No idea.

Next day for the actual wedding, I had half of a turkey wrap with 3 chocolate covered strawberries (I couldn't resist). For dinner I had requested that they did not give me mashed potatoes and that they gave me extra veggies (which sadly they did not). The protein was salmon AND steak. I did not touch the cake or champagne. I danced for about 2 hours straight. I did have one shot though of Southern Comfort. Sunday I got back on track with eggs and bacon for breakfast and Jimmy Johns unwich for lunch. Breakfast was difficult though because I was eating with my family who were all having pancakes, waffles, fruit, potatoes and bagels. It looked so good. I had Peanuts on plane and then after that I didn't have any more calories to eat anything else so skipped dinner.

Tested my ketones this morning and still getting trace amounts so I guess I never fell out of ketosis this weekend. Also, I never once had to take migraine medicine which I have been suffering a lot from recently. Probably because I've drank less water so sodium loss wasn't as much of an issue.
  • GlitterRayne
    GlitterRayne Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    *YAWN* Happy Monday ya'll. Who's ready for this week to start. I'm so not.
    I need to binge watch last season of TWD so I can watch last night's episode.
    I have a lot to do this week. Let's GO!
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    *YAWN* Happy Monday ya'll. Who's ready for this week to start. I'm so not.
    I need to binge watch last season of TWD so I can watch last night's episode.
    I have a lot to do this week. Let's GO!

I'm about 2 seasons behind too...if I even see a quiet mention of it, I run the other way...I don't want to know!!!!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    @RowdysLady glad the cut polish worked! Is it possible for Rowdy to go into business for himself? If he has a good reputation in your area for hard work done right, it could be a possibility. I guess it couldn't be on the same type of welding contracts though, as obviously manufactured homes are too large scale for a small operation. We live in a manufactured home out in the country (I am not house poor, lol, or house proud). Best thing ever as we can spend our money on travel and jewellery (well, I spend it on jewellery) instead.
    I think the immature bloke on the crew will soon be history, I'm sure the bosses are coming to the end of their ropes with him. Possible they feel sorry for him because he is getting married in April and is trying to save some extra money. Pity his poor unsuspecting fiancee, she will have to train this manchild herself.

*house poor = house poor is a situation that describes a person who spends a large proportion of his or her total income on home ownership, including mortgage payments, property taxes, maintenance and utilities.