August 2016

Options

Replies

• blitzbis
    blitzbis Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    @jiggy242 - welcome aboard. What great reasons to get healthier again. I, too want to be able to go find clothes anywhere. I was so bummed that the "Severus Snape/Alan Rickman Always" shirt I keep seeing advertised on Facebook only comes in mens 2x. So, I'll have to wait for a few more lbs. I am also worried about healthcare. Co-workers who smoke are already having to pay extra for thier insurance coverage. I can see obesity going that same direction...

@JanolaBarbara glad you have relief in your knees. Hopefully this won't make you have to put off the trip you are planning (Early next year?)... I do so love the good sore after a workout. BTW- FItBit challenges completed and I emerged the winner.

@CaptainBoing congrats on getting back to full on training again. Don't you just love how supportive friends are...when you get over this then i'll really...... Hope the weather keeps up for you to swim with the seal pups!

@2020pinktogo for my husbands birthday I cross stitched and framed this "I love you more today than yesterday. Yesterday you really got on my nerves". My parents had a fit when I presented it to him. I thought it was hilarious and true. a 10 minute mile walking. WOW. I'm uber impressed. I have a little route here at the office I walk when i need to get up and get out of the building. It's just nice to get your head screwed back on straight before you say something you really can't take back. I feel you about your boss following you. It's not like you were out of the office for a week. Just make sure he doesn't try to start following you into the restroom!

Today is my last full week at work until CRUISE time! Labor day next week then jury duty on monday the 12, cruising on the 17th. I absolutely cannot wait. this will be our first without family to ensure stay entertained. I'm hanging out on the balcony, at the pool anywhere that I can read to my little hearts content!

Happy monday everyone!
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    @blitzbis I think the pillow is hilarious!!! :D
    Our insurance to keep the premium plan you now have to jump through hoops. I got a clean bill of health my hubby has to check in with the nurse they have scheduled apts on the phone. It's like YOU BETTER DO THIS I know he realizes we need the better insurance for our daughter but if you screw up they give you the boot. It's crazy and my husband is so cranky about it as we pay extra for the premium plan and have to do all these extra things he is pissed.

• 1skholloway
    1skholloway Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    It's been a while since I've posted so I can't comment on everyone's posts but I have read them. Welcome to the newcomers! Congratulations on your recovery @CaptainBoing !

I fought a sinus headache for a few days last week. I was in bed by 6 pm one day. On Saturday I didn't feel good and my parents came to help with some things around the house. I didn't know they were coming so I didn't plan on preparing lunch for them. I was ready to cave in and make an unhealthy choice for my lunch. Instead of choosing Subway where they could get salads, Mom chose to eat lunch at the Sonic. She got onion rings and a cheese burger! Dad got the healthiest thing they offer - a grilled chicken sandwich on a wheat bun. We took the food back to the house where I ate my standard chicken and green beans. Gosh, their food smelled so good! By the time they left, I had to take a nap because I had a concert ticket for that night. I would have backed out but my friend REALLY wanted me to go. I ended up being glad I went to the concert, except for the young, unchaperoned kids who sat in front of us.

I hope to exercise more this week. The fat is not going to leave otherwise! I did mow a little over half the yard last night. I hope to finish it tonight after going to the gym.

We are on day 3 with no rain!!! The poor people in S Louisiana need the relief! Now if we can have a good cold winter to kill off the mosquitoes. I don't think I have ever seen them so bad. They are in buildings and vehicles. Our receptionist at work has to spray bug killer under her desk every morning or she gets mosquito bites. Recently, I had a mosquito land on me while I was in bed. I think the mosquitoes are about to form a rebellion and take control of the state of Louisiana!

I hope everyone has a terrific week!
  • NewOR2015
    NewOR2015 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Hi, all.

@1skholloway It's time for me to mow again to, but the scattered showers keep getting me. I don't want to kill my mower by cutting wet grass. I know I have to do it though to keep from getting mosquitoes that thrive in the dampness. I'm hoping Louisiana recovers soon.

@CaptainBoing Congrats! You've taken care of yourself and recovered nicely. Enjoy.

@2020pinktogo I need to decide whether to change my insurance or keep what I have. I wish I was more informed and had time to look into it. I want to make the best choice for my money. I think I need to decide by Sept 15. I say I'm too busy, but this is important. I need to get on it.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    @NewOR2015 My parents love their independent health coverage they have. I have to say it spells out what they have had done and covers a lot. It is their supplemental insurance to their Medicare. See what people around you have and what they think of the insurance.
  • JanolaBarbara
    JanolaBarbara Posts: 322 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    @CaptainBoing -- Congrats on your recovery! What does it mean to roll? Sounds fun!

@blitzbis -- LOL that cross-stitch sounds hilarious!! I love my DH and he is awesome, but there are some days when he does get on my nerves. Not today; he used our neighbors apple corer/peeler/slicer on a bagful of our neighbors apples since I can't use it with my tendonitis. :-) I plan on making him applesauce or a pie.

@2020pinktogo -- buh. Can't believe your boss couldn't wait for you to get back to your desk. At least he was impressed with your fitness!

@NewOR2015 -- Good luck getting your insurance together. You're right; it is important.

@1skholloway -- I am so impressed that you stuck to your healthy lunch in the face of burgers and onion rings!!! So awesome! Glad you had a good time at the concert. Who did you see? I am very allergic to East Coast mosquitoes. :-( In fact, I bought a couple of pairs of pants and light tops that are supposed to be bug-proof. They came in handy last summer during our annual family camping trip. Ugh! I'd hate having that many indoors!! But, you are right; Lousiana really needs the relief.

Saw the physical therapist today. We've got a lot of work to do but I am positive that my knee will improve. It will just take a lot longer than I want, of course. I did feel strong enough to try out my new trekking poles. I live in a hilly neighborhood so I walked around for about 50 min, uphill and downhill. Will take some getting used to, but anything to help my knee!

Also, just finished my first week of the Whole 30. Feeling pretty good. I've never eaten so many nuts in my life!!
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    @JanolaBarbara Glad you are making progress with knee rehab. I know it can be slow, but doing it properly is worth it.
    Rolling is the term we use for Brazilian Jui Jitsu. It is a ground based martial art which involves wrestling or grappling kind of moves where you are trying to submit your opponent. It is really good for self defense because it is all about using the correct techniques and allows a small weaker person to overpower stronger opponents. But basically we roll around on the ground hugging each other close while trying to get the submission!
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    @CaptainBoing I knew it was all about the LOVE ;)

@JanolaBarbara let me know about those trekking poles I was just thinking about those the other day and thought Hmmmm..... I wonder if I would like those. How are they suppose to work do you use same arm same leg or opposite arm and leg?
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    Well it's the last day of August and I got a call for an interview with the bank. I'm just going to say I would love it but even if it doesn't pan out it is experience. I am stepping out of my comfort zone something I would not have done a year ago.
  • NewOR2015
    NewOR2015 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Whoohoo, an interview! You're getting out there!
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    Thanks @NewOR2015 you don't realize what a rut you're in till you step out of it. I feel pretty calm maybe because I'm not dwelling on it. It will be, what it will be the Doris Day effect. LOL ;)
  • JanolaBarbara
    JanolaBarbara Posts: 322 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    @2020pinktogo -- Well, took another walk with the poles today. Much easier, as I had a better understanding as to changing the length depending on whether I was moving uphill or downhill. I got these poles on sierratradingpost.com . They are a basic pair and didn't cost very much (about $20 before shipping). I think I will like them. I keep reading how they can really help your knees and work your upper body. This article was helpful: https://backpackinglight.com/hiking_poles_technique/ PS- good luck on the interview!

@CaptainBoing --LOL You are a hoot! Brazilian Jui Jitsu sounds interesting, though.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    @JanolaBarbara Sierra Trading post is one of my favorite sites I have bought everything from clothes to shoes to boots to bath. bedding and rugs from there.
  • blitzbis
    blitzbis Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Wow, it has been week of great successes for this group. @2020pinktogo good luck on that interview. Like you say, at least it will be practice no matter what the outcome is. As someone who has interviewed ALOT, the people I generally hire are personable, energetic and happy. I figure I can teach people a job but you can't often teach those traits.

@JanolaBarbara great work with the trekking poles. Do you use them on normal surfaces (roads etc) or do you mostly hike "in nature" as I call it? I've never heard of Sierra Trading Post. Might have to check it out.

@CaptainBoing how goes the first week of training post recovery?

This has been another busy week. Several staff are out again so I'm doubling as various positions within the clinic. The worst part was when i had to take patients home on Friday and I left one patient at the office. OOOPPPS. Thankfully, I was driving the in town route so I didn't have far to go to pick her back up. Still it added a total of an hour to the route so, obviously I was late getting back to to the office to do other work. Oh well. I have successfully been getting to my park each day to walk so I'm feeling pretty good about that. Feeling energetic and proud. Bummed that the weight isn't coming off but I notice slight changes in clothes fitting and I know i'm getting healthier so I'll just have to be patient (not my strong suit)

Hope you all have a great Thursday
    Cindy
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    @blitzbis I should know in a week which is about right as it's still posted til the end of this one. I was so nervous but I told them everything they wanted to know I figure honesty is the best policy plus it's a small town everyone knows everybody's business anyways LOL

If you go on Sierra trading post and see stuff don't forget to check out Retailmenot it has coupons and vendor codes for discounts for different vendor sites.

By the way the lady who interviewed me said if I left my present job her husband is going to be upset as he always comes to me to get the towns gift card order. LOL She is also our town councilwoman and sends him in to get the gift cards for the senior citizens bingo prizes.

I have to say at first I was leary about making a move but now I am so stoked I really want the job so everyone keep your fingers crossed. ;) If I don't get it this time I will just try again when there is another posting. LOL
  • 1skholloway
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Happy first day of September! Cooler weather is coming!

@JanolaBarbara I'm glad your knee is better. You have me interested in checking out trekking poles and Sierra Trading Post. It sounds like checking out Sierra Trading Post could be a bad thing for my wallet. :)

The main act I saw in concert is a relatively new Christian band called Unspoken. They are really gaining in popularity. They released their 2nd CD last week and they had it on sale at the concert. I purchased it for a friend who was supposed to go to the concert but ended up having to work. They had a new group open for them that I really liked. They go by the name Grayson Reed. They are a husband and wife and they both play guitar. They did an acoustic set. They had written a really sweet but real life song about marriage.

@CaptainBoing I learn so much from your posts. Keep educating me.!

@2020pinktogo best wishes on the job!

I finally got the yard mowed and it has rained since. Ha!!! Thankfully, I got no mosquito bites while mowing.

I am hitting it harder at the gym this week and finally see a little bit of weight loss again. I'm also doing some serious weight lifting for me. I am starting the day in a warm Epsom salt and essential oil bath due to soreness lately after those workouts. I hope to start seeing a change in my body composition. If not, the lifting will help with Osteopenia and to increase my metabolism.

Keep up the great work ladies!

I forgot to ask, any of you single ladies have any single guys on MFP who seem to use MFP as an online dating site?
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    @1skholloway LOL all the single guys I know use the grocery store they check out the womens grocery cart and can tell if she cooks or if she just uses the microwave. :D They said my grocery cart says I live on yogurt and My husband fends for himself. LOL :D They are so right!
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    I GOT THE JOB!!!!!!! :):) Thanks for all the well wishes and support. Tomorrow I go tell my boss I'm leaving. I hope she isn't packing any weapons. :#
  • 1skholloway
    Options
    @2020pinktogo congratulations on getting the job!
  • 1skholloway
    Options
    I realized I may have given the wrong impression with my question about the single guys using MFP as a dating site. I'm not looking to meet Mr. Right on here. If it happened it would be nice but I don't expect that. I have met a guy on here who seems to use MFP as a place to flirt with and befriend women. Ugh! I was wondering if others have had similar experiences on here or if I am the only lucky one.