anyone interested in the whole30?

Options
kts1988
kts1988 Posts: 108 Member
i am starting it tomorrow and am really, really excited. i think doing the whole30 will help a lot with my digestive issues and am also hoping it will help with cravings, acne, and anxiety.

is anyone interested in doing a whole30 with me, or has anyone done the whole30 and have advice?

Replies

• CaveBrain
    CaveBrain Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Sure, I'm starting the Whole30 today too and will check in and share my results. The only prob is I'm not sure if I can stay off of the scale for 30 days, but I'll try:smile:
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 22 now and feeling AMAZING. I was challenged by day 1-13 despite being grain free before, but I feel great now and I'm not planning on finishing at day 30 :)
  • CaveBrain
    Options
    Thanks WW for sharing your experience. At day 1 I feel awful and thought of reaching for crap, but I know I need to tough it out because it will get better.
  • yeshualovesme
    yeshualovesme Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Just came back to MFP after a long hiatus. Went back weight watchers for a time which I kind of regret? Anyway, Started whole30 yesterday. Came back to find support here for it as I know MFP'ers are awesome! I feel pretty good - but what do you do AFTER the 30?
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I found days 10-13 the hardest and have failed at that point before but past that point it feels great so hang on in there, I've never been so full of energy and it be consistent through the day.

push through it, it's just 30 days of your life.

Post whole 30, I think I'm going to go whole 60!
  • CaveBrain
    Options
    After the Whole30, I plan on adding in some paleo friendly desserts, occasionally, and possibly eat more the Primal than Paleo.

ETA: my body needs to heal, so the whole30 is a huge help in getting the process started.
  • souterjen
    souterjen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am on day 110 of my Whole 30. The first 2 weeks were really hard, but I have had such amazing results it has been worth it. I was able to cut my blood pressure medicine in half within the first month and a half and two weeks ago I was able to go off of it altogether. I also lost 25 pounds and would like to lose about 10 more and it has been so much easier than any other times in the past that I have tried to lose weight. My blood sugar is so much under control that I don't even have cravings for sweets like I always have had in the past. The forums on the Whole 9 website are a big help, especially in the first couple of weeks. If you search Whole 30 on Pinterest there are also lots of boards with good recipes and tips.
  • kts1988
    kts1988 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    i'm on day 2 and really love it so far. my stomach issues have been much better and my blood sugar is more stable.

in terms of what to do after the whole30, the whole9 website has some information specifically on that topic.

i hope everyone keeps updating about their experiences with this program! i'd love to hear all about it :)
  • TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 22 now and feeling AMAZING. I was challenged by day 1-13 despite being grain free before, but I feel great now and I'm not planning on finishing at day 30 :)

I'm on day 15 on the Whole30 right now. I agree...things were really tough for the first two weeks, but my energy seems to be coming back (was able to complete a 15-mile run yesterday at a good pace). I, however, can't wait until day 30. I plan on having a glass of red wine and a nice piece of dark chocolate!
  • dawndm88
    dawndm88 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    It's not always easy but stick with it!!

My hubby and I did the Whole30 in March and have pretty much stuck to the Paleo diet. We have seen many things change for the better. I learned my body does not like gluten or dairy. I am no longer gassy/bloated. I lost inches in my stomach without losing weight. I no longer have to worry about foods bothering me and having to run to the bathroom soon after eating. My eczema is gone as long as I stay away from dairy. I no longer have knee pain after exercising. I could go on.

It's amazing to see how foods can affect you and you don't know it until you cut them out. My hubby has told his diabetic and high blood pressure patients about this diet as he has seen great results himself and he is overall a healthy guy.

The Whole30 website has an amazing amount of information and googling paleo meals will allow you to never run out of ideas.

Keep it up! You will not be sorry in the end!
  • allisonrinkel
    allisonrinkel Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I just read a ton of testimonials on the Whole 30 website, and it's pretty interesting to see how many disorders people have recovered from by doing this.
    I would like to try it.
    I want my Fiancee to try it with me, because he has some serious stomach pain issues, but he is a Vegetarian and LOVES cheese and bread. I'm pretty sure it's the cheese and bread making him feel sick all the time, but he does not want to listen to me.
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    advice? be very careful to not blow everything you've done after your whole30 is over. I did very well on mine about 2 months ago. I then started eating a bunch of crap and i've undone all the hard work. Keep going and stick to the whole30 principals as much as you can when you are "done" at day 30.
  • asoeung
    asoeung Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Today is my first day! I'll admit, having my coffee black this morning was not very pleasant, but I got over it pretty quickly. :)
  • KathyC65
    KathyC65 Posts: 2
    Options
    Today is my first day too! enjoyed it and resisted all the sweeties in the office :-)

Will be interesting watching everyone's progess!

Kathy x
  • CaveBrain
    Options
    Feeling blah and icky :ohwell: I'll just have to tough it out.
  • CaveBrain
    Options
    Today is my first day! I'll admit, having my coffee black this morning was not very pleasant, but I got over it pretty quickly. :)

I gave up coffee altogether. I had it with coconut cream and stevia, but it just wasn't the same.
  • asoeung
    asoeung Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Day 2! Yesterday went well - I struggled with hunger toward the late afternoon/early evening, but I think I didn't quite have enough protein at lunch. Put coconut milk in my coffee this morning, and it was more tolerable.
    There's a "food day" (AKA sugar/grain pig out) at the office today, so I'm actually excited to be able to say 'no' easily. :)
  • justaspoonfulofsugar
    justaspoonfulofsugar Posts: 587 Member
    Options

I'm on day 15 on the Whole30 right now. I agree...things were really tough for the first two weeks, but my energy seems to be coming back (was able to complete a 15-mile run yesterday at a good pace). I, however, can't wait until day 30. I plan on having a glass of red wine and a nice piece of dark chocolate!
    Glad to hear you are getting over the hard part and moving into the next phase!
  • justaspoonfulofsugar
    justaspoonfulofsugar Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    advice? be very careful to not blow everything you've done after your whole30 is over. I did very well on mine about 2 months ago. I then started eating a bunch of crap and i've undone all the hard work. Keep going and stick to the whole30 principals as much as you can when you are "done" at day 30.
    this is a VERY good point!
    I did a whole 45 and fell off the wagon afterwards.
    I didn't have a plan in place.It's important to be prepared and listen to your body after the whole 30.
    Make sure to test for food sensitivities after it's over.
  • homesweeths
    homesweeths Posts: 792 Member
    Options

I gave up coffee altogether. I had it with coconut cream and stevia, but it just wasn't the same.
    ]

I gave up coffee altogether, though there's some history to that. About 10 years ago I was doing great, losing weight and feeling good on a limited-carb lifestyle, but when I re-introduced coffee (which was "free" as long as you had full cream in it, not anything lower fat) my weight loss stopped. Some time later I gave it up as too hard, and the pounds slowly packed on.

Now I'm in it for pain relief, and I can see doing this for the rest of my life if it makes the pain less (or even makes it go away altogether -- wouldn't that be a blessing). Funny how pain is so much more motivating to me than being overweight was.