Where Are You From??

Options

Replies

• toadqueen
    toadqueen Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Queens, NY - not many people eating LCHF here...at least not in public...
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    @timetoloseweight , where are you in Mississippi? I'm on the gulf coast, near Biloxi! Not far from Mobile, Alabama too!
  • ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Wow! We certainly are scattered all over the place!!

I'm out in West Michigan!
  • trtls88
    trtls88 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Not many from around here?
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    South Central BC Canada here.... Okanagan area to get a bit more specific (Where Calgarians, Vancouverites, and Edmontonians go to retire.... hahaha).
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,413 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    McShorty7 wrote: »
    Alberta, Canada

Calgary. :) (AB., Canada)

Boo. Hiss.

:D Go Stamps go! LOL

@nicsflyingcircus Labour Day Classic is coming up. Care to wager? Loser has to admit the other's city is better? ;)

Hrm. I watched my Eskies barely hold on over Saskatchewan last night(thank you ESPN), but living in Alabama I don't get to watch a lot of CFL the last decade plus.

Sure, friendly bet. Loser of the labor day classic has to admit that the other city isn't so bad, lol.

Go Argos!! Actually I have no clue how they are doing....I am originally from Toronto and living in Minnesota. Go Vikings now I guess (blech hate football) :)
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,413 Member
    Options
    trtls88 wrote: »
    I'm in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Not many from around here?

I love Ottawa, my Aunt used to work for the federal gov't and I would come up and visit her when I was young. It is a very pretty city!
  • MyriiStorm
    MyriiStorm Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I'm just outside of Washington, DC. Born and raised here, can't wait to retire and get the heck out of this madness!
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Dang am I the only one in the northeast

I'm on the Ohio/lPennsylvania border....
  • LauraCoth
    LauraCoth Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    South Central BC Canada here.... Okanagan area to get a bit more specific (Where Calgarians, Vancouverites, and Edmontonians go to retire.... hahaha).

The Okanagan is lovely, but we decided on Vancouver Island in the end. We don't have great wineries like you do, but we do have salmon, and whales.

• Jan93L
    Jan93L Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    @auntstephie321 I'm in Maine. That is Northeast, too!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Alberta, Canada

Boo. Hiss.

@nicsflyingcircus Labour Day Classic is coming up. Care to wager? Loser has to admit the other's city is better? ;)

Hrm. I watched my Eskies barely hold on over Saskatchewan last night(thank you ESPN), but living in Alabama I don't get to watch a lot of CFL the last decade plus.

Sure, friendly bet. Loser of the labor day classic has to admit that the other city isn't so bad, lol.

@nicsflyingcircus To be honest, I don't get to watch much football either. We don't have cable and there is a blackout for home games anyways. :) My family is all up in Edmonton so I usually listen to the game on the radio. After the game I either call the family to rub it in or quietly take the phone off the hook - depending on how the game went. LOL ;)

My brother and a cousin had a Labour Day bet going last year (I think it was). The loser had to wear the winner's jersey, and a sign explaining why the losing team was worse, to the next home. My brother lost. He was well razzed. LOL

My family takes the Edmonton - Calgary rivalry pretty seriously. My dad played for the Stamps and his brother for the Eskimos. :D
  • nvmomketo
    Options
    carlsoda wrote: »
    Alberta, Canada

Boo. Hiss.

Go Argos!! Actually I have no clue how they are doing....I am originally from Toronto and living in Minnesota. Go Vikings now I guess (blech hate football) :)

Isn't that a bit sacriliegious to say down in the States? LOL Sort of like how I get confused looks from people when they find out that I don't really like hockey. ;)
  • nvmomketo
    Options
    :D So true. LOL
    LauraCoth wrote: »

The Okanagan is lovely, but we decided on Vancouver Island in the end. We don't have great wineries like you do, but we do have salmon, and whales.

The East side of the Island is my dream retirement spot too.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    Jan93L wrote: »
    @auntstephie321 I'm in Maine. That is Northeast, too!

Yes it is! I've always wanted to go to Maine. Every year we think about planning a trip but it never works out. I should just book something now for next year.
  • macybean
    macybean Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I don't post much (read all the time, have to work on that posting thing!).

I'm from Minnesota, out of Minneapolis. @carlsoda, I too hate football, despite our lovely new stadium. Good to know there are others...

I have a dog from Wyoming and a dog from Missouri, does that count at all? Pretty sure the cat is local.
  • brittanykira89
    brittanykira89 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Newfoundland, Canada
  • eneild
    eneild Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    @carlsoda @macybean
    I'm from Minnesota as well, southern suburbs. Agree with you both, can't stand football! My husband is from New Zealand, so any sports watching tends to be rugby and Formula 1 racing.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    @SuperCarLori Where on the PA/OH border? I was raised in PA north of Pittsburgh and only about an hour from Youngstown/Boardman. Lived a couple of years in North Canton.