Where Are You From??

Options

Replies

• Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    South Central BC Canada here.... Okanagan area to get a bit more specific (Where Calgarians, Vancouverites, and Edmontonians go to retire.... hahaha).

I am in Edmonton and would love to retire to the Okanagan in about 30 years (or sooner if I win the lottery). From the Lower Mainland originally but moved here 11 years ago because we couldn't afford to live down there.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm keto loner in Cincinnati Ohio. lol
    Here's some fun facts about my home City.
    http://webn.iheart.com/onair/the-kiddchris-show-49404/20-fun-facts-about-cincinnati-12510934/
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    My husband and I were driving from Iowa to NC one year at Christmas. We made a wrong turn and ended ended up in downtown Cincinnati. It was at night. It was it was snowing and it was absolutely beautiful with all the Christmas lights.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »
    My husband and I were driving from Iowa to NC one year at Christmas. We made a wrong turn and ended ended up in downtown Cincinnati. It was at night. It was it was snowing and it was absolutely beautiful with all the Christmas lights.

The city is quite beautiful, especially at that time of year.
    That's quite a drive to make! Especially in the snow!
  • smuller73
    smuller73 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Port Elizabeth, South Africa but originally from Birmingham, UK
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I visited Cincinnati once on one of my road trips... went to visit the historical site that was President Taft's home - the only person so far who held positions as President and as Chief Justice of the Supreme Court.
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    @SuperCarLori Where on the PA/OH border? I was raised in PA north of Pittsburgh and only about an hour from Youngstown/Boardman. Lived a couple of years in North Canton.

I'm in Jefferson, the county seat of Ashtabula. :) In the smelly armpit of Ohio. :D
  • CrispyStars3
    CrispyStars3 Posts: 199 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    cstehansen wrote: »
    Wylie Texas - just named the best small city for families in the USA by NerdWallet - about 25-30 NE of Dallas

Yep....I am in Wylie, Texas
    Born in Massachusetts, grew up in northern Texas, spent 13 years in east Florida (loved it)

I love that we are located all over the globe.
    Vancouver, Canada is awesome. I was there for the winter Olympics. My aunts lived there. I spend most of my time (when I can) in Nova Scotia- so beautiful. Maine is gorgeous too.
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »
    @timetoloseweight , where are you in Mississippi? I'm on the gulf coast, near Biloxi! Not far from Mobile, Alabama too!

In Forest....just a few hours down the road. : )

edited for:
    We should try to meet up sometime!

• born2behealthy
    born2behealthy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Grand Junction Colorado. I was raised in Moab Utah!!!
  • _tierachanel
    _tierachanel Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Northeast Indiana :)
  • MerryOne00
    MerryOne00 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Atlanta, GA
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm keto loner in Cincinnati Ohio. lol
    Here's some fun facts about my home City.
    http://webn.iheart.com/onair/the-kiddchris-show-49404/20-fun-facts-about-cincinnati-12510934/

That was interesting! :)

Here's Calgary facts if anyone is interested: http://www.uniglobekalamalkatravel.com/view-vacation.html?id=10-interesting-facts-about-calgary
  • Cyndi146
    Cyndi146 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Northern California
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    @SuperCarLori Where on the PA/OH border? I was raised in PA north of Pittsburgh and only about an hour from Youngstown/Boardman. Lived a couple of years in North Canton.

I'm in Jefferson, the county seat of Ashtabula. :) In the smelly armpit of Ohio. :D

Well, you have Geneva-on-the-Lake nearby. That was a cool place when I was a kid...50-55 years ago. Probably changed. :(
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Carrie_3 wrote: »
    cstehansen wrote: »
    Wylie Texas - just named the best small city for families in the USA by NerdWallet - about 25-30 NE of Dallas

Yep....I am in Wylie, Texas
    Born in Massachusetts, grew up in northern Texas, spent 13 years in east Florida (loved it)

I love that we are located all over the globe.
    Vancouver, Canada is awesome. I was there for the winter Olympics. My aunts lived there. I spend most of my time (when I can) in Nova Scotia- so beautiful. Maine is gorgeous too.

Wylie isn't far from Canton, where I live.
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options

Well, you have Geneva-on-the-Lake nearby. That was a cool place when I was a kid...50-55 years ago. Probably changed. :(

It has I'm sure, but it's still quaint. I go to the lake at Geneva state park. <3
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    MyriiStorm wrote: »
    I'm just outside of Washington, DC. Born and raised here, can't wait to retire and get the heck out of this madness!

I'm outside of DC too! In Virgina
    :smile:
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    LauraCoth wrote: »
    canadjineh wrote: »
    South Central BC Canada here.... Okanagan area to get a bit more specific (Where Calgarians, Vancouverites, and Edmontonians go to retire.... hahaha).

The Okanagan is lovely, but we decided on Vancouver Island in the end. We don't have great wineries like you do, but we do have salmon, and whales.

We have salmon too.... but no whales - I miss whales (used to live in Delta). :'(