>:) or o:)
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the club! :D
    lnk7vfxitdgu.jpg
    30+ year veterian :D

Frickin fabulous!!!!! Okay, so... Tomorrow I have a week! May I live to see thirty years! :s
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the club! :D
    lnk7vfxitdgu.jpg
    30+ year veterian :D

Frickin fabulous!!!!! Okay, so... Tomorrow I have a week! May I live to see thirty years! :s

nk6b4nivmakb.jpg
    & you'll have a better chance. :)

• SuperCarLori
    Options
    Thank you, kind sir!!! I shall!!!!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    kmn118 wrote: »
    Thank you, Lori! A thousand and one thank yous! You inspired me to quit and today is Day 1 for me... I am using gum as an aid and have banned smoking in the house. I really have my work cut out for me in washing every piece of clothing and linens in the house. Smokers really stink, don't they? ;)

That's awesome! You can do it!
  • SuperCarLori
    Options
    Thank you, Lori! A thousand and one thank yous! You inspired me to quit and today is Day 1 for me... I am using gum as an aid and have banned smoking in the house. I really have my work cut out for me in washing every piece of clothing and linens in the house. Smokers really stink, don't they? ;)

Heck yeah!!!! You can do this!!! It's not easy, but man it's worth it! I haven't gained anything but feeling like a million bucks!!!! You need a shoulder or an ear to listen, I'm here!!!
  • SuperCarLori
    Options
    Oh and yes. It stinks, very smelly.... And you'll be able to smell it in things you wouldn't expect, like the shopping bags at Aldis the other day!
  • MyriiStorm
    MyriiStorm Posts: 609 Member
    Options

That is fantastic!!! Well, not the stinky part, but the quitting! *cheering you and Lori on from the sidelines*
  • missippibelle
    missippibelle Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Good job y'all! I am a pharmacist and I work in the respiratory industry. I know it is sooo hard, but your lungs will thank you!
  • Zenwenner
    Zenwenner Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    One thing that helped me quit was cinnamon sticks. They kinda taste like dirt...but they are about the same size as a cigarette and they gave me something to occupy my hands with that I could also put in my mouth. Not sure if that will be any use to you, but I found it helped me a lot!

It's been over five years now, and there is no way I would be able to do the physical things I can do now if I hadn't butt out. Seriously. I would never have been able to run - hell I could hardly get up a flight of stairs without huffing and puffing! Now I can take them two at a time without breaking a sweat =)

You got dis, Lori! It is so worth it - stay the course, woman :)
  • SuperCarLori
    Options
    Good job y'all! I am a pharmacist and I work in the respiratory industry. I know it is sooo hard, but your lungs will thank you!

Thank you so much for the encouragement and support. :)
  • SuperCarLori
    Options
    Zenwenner wrote: »
    One thing that helped me quit was cinnamon sticks. They kinda taste like dirt...but they are about the same size as a cigarette and they gave me something to occupy my hands with that I could also put in my mouth. Not sure if that will be any use to you, but I found it helped me a lot!

It's been over five years now, and there is no way I would be able to do the physical things I can do now if I hadn't butt out. Seriously. I would never have been able to run - hell I could hardly get up a flight of stairs without huffing and puffing! Now I can take them two at a time without breaking a sweat =)

You got dis, Lori! It is so worth it - stay the course, woman :)

Thank you @Zenwenner
    One day at a time, I'm getting it. I'm really doing it!!!!! :D
  • SuperCarLori
    Options
    Thank you all for your encouragement... day two and no one has been harmed. :)

Yay on day two!!!! I'm so proud of you! It gets harder and it gets easier, too!! We're going to make it!!!!!!