The Obesity Code and Radical Acceptance

Options

Replies

• Roseygirl1
    Roseygirl1 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    A couple of things on my mind this morning. First, I am THRILLED to report that I walked for 60 MINUTES this morning. What made that happen? First, I walked with a friend. Second, we walked the rail trail just behind my house. It was lovely---no need to think about direction or traffic---just walk in a lovely natural setting. We walked west until we got to a road overpass, then turned around. I made note of the point and now I know how long to walk for a 60 minute walk. That is A. Good. Thing.

Second, I read the thread about setting small goals, and I like that idea. So here is my small goal starting tonight and lasting through the month of November:

Small Rosey Goal O' the Month: Take a 10 minute walk (or march in the living room for 10 minutes) after dinner. There are 36 nights until Nov. 30th to meet this goal. IF I manage this no less than 30 of those 36 nights, I will reward myself with something. Not sure what yet, but I'll daydream about it.

Anyone want to join me? Feel free to post your small goal and reward. It's better with company!

• retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,757 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I have a Fitbit that reminds me I need to get 250 steps in every hour. I do it sometimes, but for my goal it will be 8 of the 12 hrs. for the next two weeks. My reward, a massage. I been wanting one, so this will be my motivation to pamper myself.
  • Roseygirl1
    Options
    I'm in. I have a Fitbit that reminds me I need to get 250 steps in every hour. I do it sometimes, but for my goal it will be 8 of the 12 hrs. for the next two weeks. My reward, a massage. I been wanting one, so this will be my motivation to pamper myself.

That's awesome! Keep me posted!

It was ridiculously easy to march around vigorously for 10 minutes after dinner. And I took my 60 minute walk in the morning. AND I made a delicious casseerole: cauliflower crumbles, some shredded carrots, chopped fresh parsley baked in a mixture of eggs, sour cream, and parmesan cheese. Very yummy. Had it alongside some roasted turkey.

• Catawampous
    Catawampous Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I will start November 1st though as life interruptions are happening this weekend through Halloween!

My goal will be to set 30 minutes aside for myself Monday through Friday. I will pick one of three online videos to work out to. Jillian Michaels shred level 1 or her Yoga Meltdown or her Ab workout. OR I will spend 30 minutes on my bowflex. I need variety or I'll get bored and quit doing it.

Reward ... hmmm ... I'm not sure. I'd like a pair of sparkly jeans. You know the ones with all the bling on them? Those are kinda pricey though and may be a better thing to get at goal. OH! I know. New undies. Mine are horrific and I have to keep yanking them up.
  • Roseygirl1
    Options
    Wow...this is awesome, @retirehappy and @Catawampous ! I LOVE your company!

I think for my reward, I will buy myself a fitness monitor, one of those steppie thingies, like a vivofit or whatever. Then I can go for my 10K step goal!

For now, what is awesome is that marching around for 10 minutes by the clock after a meal is not very hard. I did it last night after dinner, and this morning after breakfast. (Which was delicious: turkey sausage and some leftover cauliflower casserole slices browned in butter.) These 10 minute postprandial walks are in addition to my formal "exercise" walking.

Today I am even getting my (100 lb. overweight, Type II DM) out to walk with me. Then we are going to work together on clearing out a "junk" room. Which is important for this health quest because it means I am going to move my computer into the cleaned out UPSTAIRS room and will be spending less time sitting on my can online!

Good habits are easier when the environment supports you)

• Roseygirl1
    Options
    I made a table for the 36 days of my own challenge and I've been checking off two things: taking my Vit. D and my fish oil daily, and getting that 10 min. walk in after dinner. I've missed one night thus far, but I've set my goal as 30/36 nights, knowing Stuff Happens.

I'm making a stew tonight with lamb necks, carrots, onion, and lots of garlic. Will serve it over spaghetti squash "spaghetti."

I'm still getting mouth ulcers from my gluten exposure. Also had a run of visual migraines. If EVER I needed a reaffirmation that gluten is not my friend, this was it. (I tried some low carb bread stuff and it messed me up, bad.)

How's everybody doing with their personal challenge?

• retirehappy
    Options
    I'm getting my 6 hrs. min. (even better when I get more) 250 steps. I had a day when I got them in all 12 hrs. as well. Just trying to develop a habit. My 28 day average of steps is now over 10K steps again. With winter and the hollies this is a very good thing. My weight isn't rising but it isn't going down either, so I decided to get back on the 2 week induction Atkins foodie meal plan. I did very well on it before. I think I was getting the beginnings of carb creep, so back to basics.
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Roseygirl1 wrote: »
    taking my Vit. D

Look in to combining this with K2 so the D3 does what it's supposed to.

• Roseygirl1
    Options
    @Kirkor will do!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Keep an eye out for the new November challenge to join.... Check the line of threads on this forum daily. Coming soon....
  • retirehappy
    Options
    How are you gals doing? I have been hitting my 6 active hrs per day. My steps just dropped below a 28 day average of 10K. Had a couple of days when walking just wasn't happening. I'm doing more strength training on cold days.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    My aims are by the wayside right now... ankle surgery and a vile cold have put me down to mainly aiming to take my supplements and get all my water in. IF is out right now as I am pretty hungry for protein these days (healing). Carbs have been up for me this past week (3 bananas have been eaten, and split pea soup twice, and 1 1/2 total 100g chocolate bars). Good news is no uppage in weight, and finally my bowels are normal again. Keto is NOT good for my 'sewage system'. I may have to just go back to low carbing <50g net. So I don't have to take laxatives/stool softeners any more.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    My aims are by the wayside right now... ankle surgery and a vile cold have put me down to mainly aiming to take my supplements and get all my water in. IF is out right now as I am pretty hungry for protein these days (healing). Carbs have been up for me this past week (3 bananas have been eaten, and split pea soup twice, and 1 1/2 total 100g chocolate bars). Good news is no uppage in weight, and finally my bowels are normal again. Keto is NOT good for my 'sewage system'. I may have to just go back to low carbing <50g net. So I don't have to take laxatives/stool softeners any more.

Avocados =/= Clog-B-Gone?
  • kmn118
    kmn118 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    @RalfLott I resemble that remark lol
  • canadjineh
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Nope, not even avocados do it. I need to hit about 50g net (of healthy non-processed food) before I can 'move freely' again. Also funny thing but when my carbs are up around that level, I lose weight (1.5lbs this week). When it's lower I seem to stall (zip the three weeks previous). Edited to add: It's probably the poop, lol. This happened when I was losing my original 35 lbs. Stalled & felt ill below 40. Lost again at 50+. Not sure where to go from here....
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Missing ya, @Roseygirl1! Where are yooouuuuu??? Hope you are OK.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »
    canadjineh wrote: »

Avocados =/= Clog-B-Gone?

I have found coconut oil melted in coffee sure helps move things along.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Perhaps because MCT Oil (Brain Octane is what I use right now) doesn't have the C-12 (Lauric Acid) that coconut oil has. The C-12 tends to cause more gastro probs so maybe that's what's 'moving things along', lol.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    @roseygirl1 Haven't seen you checking in lately. Hope you have a nice holiday. Looking forward to seeing you in the chat soon.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Well, I did get my 6 of 12 hrs. of movement in on my Fitbit for the whole month of Nov. I upped my 28 day average of steps too. How did the others do?

Roseygirl1, hope you are ok, haven't seen you for a while.