Start day??

Options

Replies

• Raptorbh12
    Raptorbh12 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Had to skip the gym today and so I skipped my pull ups for the day...yikes!! I have tried so hard to not skip a day since they stress keeping with the routine is so important. That was kind of a bummer but can't change it. :'(

Hey, I hear ya. I skipped yesterday since I was waiting diligently all afternoon to sign for my Google Pixel phone from UPS. Then I went to class later that evening and got home around 11.
  • lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Options
    Well, the rest of the week really didn't go well either. :'( I did my maximum effort push ups each day but that's because I do them in the morning. Wednesday on, I skipped the gym at lunch & didn't get my push ups in. Instead of trying to do some over the weekend, I will probably just start again on Monday.
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    I was very tempted to just throw in the towel...however, I committed to this, so I'm going to try to do it every day this week. I might quit after that though!! Lol.
  • Raptorbh12
    Options
    I was very tempted to just throw in the towel...however, I committed to this, so I'm going to try to do it every day this week. I might quit after that though!! Lol.

You have 6 days left!!

Today I finally got 5 straight sets of 10 reps with one minute rest intervals.
    I am buying a house so my home gym is all packed up and my work gym is my zone now.
    Its too difficult to scrounge a weighted dip belt in the gym here so I set off to do 5 sets of 10. Now that that's accomplished, I really need to start adding weight....
    I have lost about 13lbs in the last 3 months and I can really tell in my total strength output which is way down.
    After I complete my fitness test for the year, I need to do some powerlifting and eat like triple the protein I have been.
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    I am still here. I haven't been at the gym long enough to use the assisted machine. So I am stuck at home with my pull up bar. I was able to do 2 unassisted pull ups yesterday...that's it. I don't think I'll get to 5 by the end of the month.
  • Raptorbh12
    Options
    I am still here. I haven't been at the gym long enough to use the assisted machine. So I am stuck at home with my pull up bar. I was able to do 2 unassisted pull ups yesterday...that's it. I don't think I'll get to 5 by the end of the month.

Whoa, thats awesome!
  • lbenson2006
    Options

Holy cow!! That is awesome. I still struggle at 40 lbs assistance so I'm pretty sure I couldn't lift my weight up for even one. I've toyed with the thought that I should keep it somewhat in my routine, it's just really hard to make sure I get them done on a daily basis at the gym. It would be cool one day to be able to do them but with everything else and still wanting to try to get my normal stuff in too, I just don't have the time and something has to give when that happens.
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    @Raptorbh12 cute updated pic. Ur lil one is adorable!
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    So glad someone is still here with me, I was starting to get worried. :# I'm skipping the gym in Thursday, so I think I may do Thursday's sets tomorrow and then Friday decide if I want to try Wednesday's or just do a different day. Have to say, Wednesday is definitely not my fave day. Lol
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    Did maximum training sets yesterday at 2 reps per set and 40 lbs assistance...was able to complete 10 sets. Maybe should have done 3 reps per set but would have only been able to do a couple sets I imagine and I sometimes wonder if that's why I haven't seen as much progress?? I don't know. This is all so foreign. Lol. I am planning on trying to keep them somewhat in my routine after this month, just not fully utilizing the training routine.
  • Raptorbh12
    Options
    A pull-up bar and weight assisted bands would help a bit more than a weight assisted machine (which I have always loathed).
  • Joanna2012B
    Options
    Ok so I haven't been diligent in doing this challenge, I did pull ups at least 4 times a week! I am going to keep up what I have been doing as I am seeing results! Yesterday I was able to drop down to 20lbs of assistance and was able to do 5 sets of 5. I am getting there!!
  • Joanna2012B
    Options
    Thank you for starting this challenge @Raptorbh12 !! You have definitely inspired me!! :)
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    Slacked again at the end of the week...whoops!! Oh well. I will definitely try to keep this somewhat in my routine when I can...I really would like to be able to do a pull up, unassisted, one of these days!! :) Thanks so much @Raptorbh12 for putting this on and to you and @Joanna2012B for keeping up the cheerleading!! Have an awesome November!!
  • lmbarreto
    lmbarreto Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm still here, doing one more week since I was one week behind. I'm doing the advance program plus 40 pounds attached to my weist. I can see the improvement and feel more strength in my arms. I'll try the 30 straight pull ups next Monday. Wish me luck! Are you guys doing any other challenges this month?
  • Joanna2012B
    Options
    Way to go @lmbarreto

I'm doing a few challenges for November

Abs&Legs Challenge... there is also a glutes challenge with this one that I opted out of...my glutes get enough work
    Arms Challenge
    Running Challenge

They might be a little light weight for you though! Let me know if you are interested in any and I will share the link.
  • lmbarreto
    Options
    Thanks @Joanna2012B. Please send me the link for the ABS and leg challenge. I may have to modify the leg workout since I have a bad knee and can't do squats or anything involving high impact (no running or jumping for me).
  • lmbarreto
    Options
    Wednesday was a really good day for me. I was able to pull myself plus 50 pounds 7 times. I did 3 of this sets. Tomorrow is my last day and my goal is to increase the weight to 60 pounds. I went to the garage earlier today and did 4 pull ups with my 8 year old hanging from my shoulders, she weights 64 pounds