• RAC56
    RAC56 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I make bullet proof hot chocolate :smile:

Chocolate peanut butter whey isolate
    heavy cream
    butter
    coconut oil

Mix it all together with a hand immersion blender. You can also add or sub an ingredient with coconut cream.

Very YUM. Around here, BPC can mean coffee or chocolate. We even do BP-tea once in a while, heh. And since going keto I've rediscovered my love of a hot cuppa tea. Holy Basil, spearmint, rooibos, ginger, etc, are so nice to relax with especially as the cooler weather comes around.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    erider0505 wrote: »
    I drink it to, but I have found myself wondering, is it truly healthy for you? Is all that fat first thing good for you? Are you better off eating a good breakfast vs. doing the BPC? I don't know.

Well, there's nothing unhealthy about fat, so it's as good as any other food source. But, it's really only added to extend an overnight fast or simply because it tastes good. But there's certainly no reason to doubt its health. Fasting has plenty of health benefits. Even daily intermittent fasting. So, I personally believe it's a healthier option as compared to eating a solid food breakfast. Which, technically breakfast is just when you break your fast. So lunch is my break fast. There's absolutely no reason to eat 3 meals a day. The idea that 3 meals is "more healthy" than 2 or 1 is what we've been force fed all our lives. Then it even progressed to 3 meals and 2 or 3 snacks! Eating ALL DAY LONG. Its absurd! No way we evolved eating like that.
  • RobPA1
    RobPA1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I do the Butter Bob Briggs version, just 3 tbl of Heavy Whipping cream and I am not hungry till lunch.