90 day challenge: Let's GO!

Options

Replies

• jwlodge
    jwlodge Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I would love to loose 10 pounds by Xmas. I am following pretty consistent. I don't reallly loose pounds but am loosing inches.
  • kismet1428
    kismet1428 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    @carom Yes evidently emojis are the devil to MFP!

@kathrout1973 I admire your ability to do ZC. I try and keep mine below 30 carbs and even then I find it difficult.

@jwlodge Sometimes it is the NSV that you have to take instead, but good luck on your goal! You are definitely in the right place for support!
  • Muscles_and_lipstick
    Muscles_and_lipstick Posts: 589 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Hi everyone....I'm late to the party but would like to climb aboard and do my best. I am kind of a plan *kitten*. I will be keto for a few days then think wait what about THAT science and look how that person is doing. ugh. I'm pretty sure that if I stick with this I will do really well at dropping some fat. I probably have about 75 pounds to lose and I know I need to get back into the gym. I love to lift but I am working nights and find it really really really hard to get myself in the gym after work in the mornings.
  • jwlodge
    jwlodge Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    @kismet1428 What is NSV?
  • mjones1029
    mjones1029 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    @Muscles_and_lipstick I know just what you mean. I get into ketosis, then I start to look at that "science" and " wow look how Weight watchers worked for her " and next thing I know I am on a food bender

• EuroJewel
    EuroJewel Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Jewel here. Put on massive weight since marriage and thyroidectomy. :'(
    Anyone wanting to join me for mutual support, recipes, ideas, etc... I'm in.

I'm Lacto-Ovo-Pescatarian Keto
    5’ 4”
    1000 - 1200 kcal Daily Calorie Intake
    10% Carb
    70% Fat
    20% Protein

SW 185
    CW 169
    GW 130

~Misfit Shine 2 Tracker <3

"Man lives on one quarter of what he eats. On the other three quarters lives his doctor” >:)
    This quote keeps me going! :)

• FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    carom wrote: »
    Have you done zero carbs before? I think that sounds really hard, as I struggle with keeping my carbs under 20g
    kismet1428 wrote: »
    I admire your ability to do ZC. I try and keep mine below 30 carbs and even then I find it difficult.

This is a common belief that's actually backwards. Many people find, once they get over the initial hump, that compliance with a zero-carb regime is easier than one where they are allowed 20-30 grams a day. For some of us, a little bit is far too much and just causes us to want more. It also retrains your body to stop craving anything sweet or carby. You relearn what food is and what it isn't.

I stick to zero carb because I am worse at self-control than many people who stick at 20 grams a day. Eating that much will just cause me to crave more carbs than I can eat.
  • oann8052
    oann8052 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    jwlodge wrote: »
    @kismet1428 What is NSV?

NSV stands for Non Scale Victories.
  • coloradoartstudio
    coloradoartstudio Posts: 104 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Checking in this morning and pleasantly surprised that I lost 1 pound last week (even though it was incredibly stressful) - I fell off the rails exercise wise last week and had a few more drinks than I intended celebrating a family member's birthday. I stuck to the right food choices, but went over my calories over the weekend.

Current stats:
    50 years old, 5'4"
    SW: 10/04/2016-199
    CW: 10/24/2016-194
    GW:135

That said, I have what I consider some NSVs -
    1. I just ended week 3 of this WOE and finally, I'm not ravenous - most of my food cravings are under control. I'm finding that this is fairly easy to stick to and I still feel like I'm cheating eating so much fat.
    2. I am starting to have incredible energy and no longer experience my 2pm slump in the afternoon most days.
    3. I think my thyroid meds need to be reduced - I feel over medicated. I see my endocrinologist on Oct. 31 and will find out what my labs indicate. I think it's separate from my new found energy - though it could be related.

Slow and steady...On to week 4! :)
  • jlynnschroyer
    jlynnschroyer Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Day 22 and 67 to go! Wow has it really been that long? Hopefully you all have been doing well! I was sick for awhile like can't get out of bed sick. Oh what a beautiful day its looking to be!
  • carom
    carom Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Okay I have to confess ... I have fallen off the wagon and by that I mean I jumped off the wagon and watched it pick up speed as it zoomed away from me!! I have just got back from holiday with hubby and initially did okay then two days ago my laziness just got the better of me ... Anyway I am now back home, going to do groceries tonight and have three days of BPC in the morning and then a smallish dinner and THATS IT! Then it will be Monday, I will weigh myself and start again. Oh well, that's life I suppose. One thing I am pleased that this 3 day binge is now over, I am so much more in control, usually these 3 days would turn into 3 months!!
  • coopscoopc
    coopscoopc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Oh my Gawsh! And I thought I was the only one that went flying off the wagon to stuff as many carbs and sugars as I could in my pie hole as fast as I could!

Way to pull it all back in! It's all better from here on out!
  • coopscoopc
    coopscoopc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I know I"m late as well... and MIA for a while. Just been so crazy hectic! I am so ready to nail this year end challenge! I went to a wedding in September and seriously I have been struggling to detox from the food! I had no idea how hard that one little cheat made on my whole system! No more cake for me... ever! I can live without cake.

I can't really work out because I have hip issues. I am scheduled to have my hip replaced december 28, but I am working on my small goals toward 40 pounds gone by watching what I eat! My goals for year end are:

1. Keep walking with and without the cane
    2. Keep an eye on what I eat and do not give into cravings
    3. Lose another 10 pounds by surgery date with keeping carbs around 40 per day

We can do this! Stay Strong!
  • carom
    Options
    Thanks @coopscoopc! We can do this! Yes we can live without cake and biscuits and chocolate. For me also I am trying not to eat dairy as I have a sneaking suspicion that it's making me feel sick and I may actually be dairy intolerant. Although I am so addicted to cheese I have been ignoring the signals. So yes I am feeling focused on my short term goal which is to be down to 100kilo by Christmas Day. My weight loss goal is basically the same as yours so let's get this done !! I am feeling hungry today so am going to keep busy and stick to my plan.
  • vilenski193
    vilenski193 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi. So this is my first challenge I want to join. So I'm not sure what I am suppose to do? Post everyday? My goal is a healthier mindset about myself and my body. I refuse to go on the scale because the numbers always bother me. I have lost some weight I know but my belly fat won't budge. I am trying to lift weight three times a week and my new goal for this challenge is to do cardio also three times a week minimum ( I would love five ) but don't know if I can wing it. Winter and holiday time is always hard... so the extra challenge is good. Have stopped logging daily but am thinking of restarting. Good luck to you all!
  • carom
    edited October 2016
    Options
    @vilenski193 - yes, you can post everyday if you want to, especially if you think that will help keep you on track or if you have some struggles. I do daily logging as I have to keep an eye on my protein intake, it can creep up very easily. I do keto and my diary is open. Good luck to you :)

Also just wanted to mention after my wee carb binge and then i put myself on 3 days of strict keto, I have only put on 300gms! Yay!
  • coloradoartstudio
    coloradoartstudio Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Check in - sigh - in a holding pattern and am the same weight as last week. My only consolation is that I can feel that SW is near and I tend to retain 3-5 pounds during this time.

Stats: 50 years old, 5'4"
    SW: 10/04/2016-199
    CW: 10/31/2016-194
    GW:135
  • moonlights
    moonlights Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I always retain water during my period too, it's such a pain! Keep on trucking and hopefully you'll see a nice loss after.

At my final weigh in this month I had lost 8lbs for October and also 8lbs for September so it works out even although I lost 3lbs on two of those weeks and 1lb on the others. Down 28lbs total woop woop.

@carom well done for getting back on track, so hardcore of you! I find that I can only go without food or eat minimally once I'm comfortably in Keto so my method for getting back on quick is to buy a small joint of meat and eat lots of it for a couple of days, carnivore style. Seems to work and I don't have to deal with being hungry (which I'm bad at being!).

Dojng great everyone!
  • vilenski193
    vilenski193 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I did!! And largely because of youn didn't want to go to he gym but knew I committed to try!! So I went workout ... it was hard but glad it's done. So thanks all!!! How are u all doing
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    We're 1/3 of the way through!! I'm down 9 pounds and haven't gone off plan once. I am well on my way to going down a size by the end of this. Saturday my period should be starting, so I'm anticipating no loss/a gain on the scale next week, but won't let it mess with me too much.

I have my anniversary this month and I'm planning to stay on plan for our meal out, but will probably have wine and maybe some kind of dessert. We also have a vacation planned for the first week of December that includes a long road trip...my nemesis when it comes to healthy eating. I will stay strong, I will stay strong...