TEAM FIVE

Options

Replies

• b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    Wow, just did the Rockettes workout, and yep, it's going to take three sessions. I loved the last exercise because I felt like a toy soldier in their Christmas performance. The lunges were a little tough, but do-able.

BTW, if you haven't seen them, you must add the Rockettes Christmas Show to your bucket list. I was able to see them about 5 years or so (or was it 10 years?) ago when they came to Tampa (they used to have a touring show, but it looks like it might have been dismantled last year). It was amazing to see them live!
  • jackiep248
    jackiep248 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    There is no Turkey Trot where I live but I will do my own 10 km on the treadmill this week. I haven't had a chance to try out the videos yet but I do have my alarm set a half hour early tomorrow so I will try them out.

I am also thankful for my family. I have 2 grown kids who although they live far away (1 is in England and the other is in Calgary), we have stayed really close and talk on the phone, webcam, etc. almost every day. I am also grateful to all of you for being such awesome motivators.
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    316 minutes for Monday

• vanessa40
    vanessa40 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Monday exercise mins-200
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Challenge 1: Turkey trot/5k/10k/marathon
    Hoping to complete this tonight.

Challenge 2: Train like a Rockette x 3
    1. Heel Flick Walks
    2. Butt Kicks
    3. Power-Up (Lunge Knee-Up and Step)
    4. Kick Start (Hamstring Scoop):
    5. Back Pedal
    6. Soldier Walks (Monster Walks)
    1/3 Complete

Challenge 3: Be Thankful
    Complete

Minutes:
    Monday: 75
    Tuesday:
    Wednesday:
    Thursday:
    Friday:
    Saturday:
    Sunday:
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    My turkey trot+ is done. Beautiful day in South Florida.

0jhl5od6o4nm.jpg

• rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    MiamiSeoul wrote: »
    My turkey trot+ is done. Beautiful day in South Florida.

Great job! Looks like a nice park/path that you walked! Soooo glad I did mine yesterday as it is misty and dreary here today, so doubt I will be getting my lunch walk in today... but not sure when I will get my steps in today :neutral:
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,274 Member
    Options
    Didn't mean to open a can of worms regarding minutes exercised. I didn't realize we weren't achieving all the challenge points. Thanks for the info.
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Ahh, well said @MissionEnforcer and as some said last race and again in this one, some of the challenges have become incorporated in our normal exercise practice! Thanks to you and Clarice @hawkins410 for providing this group challenge and have a great Thanksgiving!

@biketheworld -- you didn't open a can of worms and hopefully you didn't think we were attacking your suggestion to get more minutes, just wanted to clarify :smile:
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,143 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Decided to do a walk today, just in case later in the week things go off the rails. Got in 3.35 miles (or so), which means I finished the 5K walk challenge today. Thought about making gobbling noises so it'd be a "Turkey Trot", but had more fun making squirrel noises to scare the ones hunting for dropping acorns...hmmm, does that make it a "Squirrel Stroll" instead? Still more of a leisurely pace since I'm not at a 100%, so my time was way slower than @rusgolden or @MiamiSeoul.

Glad to see my reputation has been verified by @MissionEnforcer. :open_mouth: And yes, while I might be a PiTA, I am really enjoying this challenge too. I'm impressed at all the hard work that @hawkins410 and @MissionEnforcer have put into it. Glad to be a guinea pig in this happy little experiment, and very hopeful there IS a next one!!

Had a picture to post of my walk, but can't get it off my phone right now...so instead I'll post this...
    hdtx65lyo1hb.png
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    WEEK SIX: “NEW YORK, NEW YORK!”

CHALLENGE #1: “Turkey Trot Time!” (10 points)
    Completed Tues., 11/22

*** CHALLENGE #2: “PERFORM WITH THE ROCKETTES”
    Nothing yet

*** CHALLENGE #3: “Freedom From Want” (5 POINTS)
    I am thankful for having had the friendship of two beautiful souls, Shannon & Sheryl. I am thankful for having had 10 wonderful years to get to know my biological mother, Yon Cha. I am thankful for life and the ability to get better, stronger, healthier & happier every day. I am thankful for this app & all the tools & resources I use on this journey and I'm thankful for the beautiful souls I've met during the MFP challenges.

MINUTES/MILES
    21 Nov. 60 minutes walking
    22 Nov. 196 minutes (Two walks totaling 156 minutes + 40 minutes days 20 & 21, 30 Day Abs + Legs + Glutes Challenge)
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    I did the rockette thing last night and this morning (start and end of morning session). I use most of those moves in warm up for fencing anyway.

Booked a Saturday morning walk with a friend as we don't do Thanksgiving here.

Although I missed it, another challenge prompted me to start skipping so I should be getting more of that into my routine!

I am back at work today, so back in normal routine and will be getting in all the challenge points again as well as aiming for some high exercise minutes every week. I'm done with holidays for the year as we are heading into peak season. I have a wedding in mid-December but that is just one night away so won't affect my schedule much.
  • geminiswede
    geminiswede Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I've been debating what to say that I'm thankful for...I've always been bad at these even as a kid. I always ended up giving generic answers.

After some thinking, I guess I'd say I'm thankful for my relative health. Sure, I have my issues, but I can still do things. And I've gone ahead and taken preventative measures (losing weight!) to keep from getting a lot of the issues my mother had while I was growing up.

I'm thankful for my friends and my husband for being so supportive of me in life, even through some pretty difficult times, and for sticking around.

And I'm thankful for MFP, for the advice and knowledge I've found here, and for groups like this that appeal to my competitive side, but also just for keeping me accountable to someone other than myself in this journey.