Replies

• dawnsch1995
    dawnsch1995 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Good morning
  • dawnsch1995
    dawnsch1995 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    It's been a beautiful week weather wise here and an even better weekend! We usually are getting our first snowstorm by now! Gonna get outside for my exercise today and get our Christmas lights hung up too! I will complete my squat challenge today and have completed the under calorie challenge too!! Happy Saturday!
  • LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Hi team!
    I just finished my squats & ran back & forth to the gym.

I am doing stronglifts 5x5 right now. I have done it before and really lifted heavy. I started right back at the beginning this week. I still really enjoy it. I love the fast progress in the beginning. I am not always a fan of having to fight over the squat rack. Today I had to do things out of order because no benches were available. It makes running hard for now though. I doubt I will do as many kilometers this month as last month, just because my legs & booty will be sore, probably forever lol.

I hope you are all out there getting logging some minutes, because I saw we were in last place again.

• tarpguys
    tarpguys Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm finishing up the videos today. I kind of think they are a waste of my work out time! I'd like to get right into my work out rather than waste time on those, but I keep reminding myself that we get more points for those than are normal exercise.
  • LisaPower123
    Options
    tarpguys wrote: »
    I'm finishing up the videos today. I kind of think they are a waste of my work out time! I'd like to get right into my work out rather than waste time on those, but I keep reminding myself that we get more points for those than are normal exercise.

They kind of irritate me too. I did the videos this morning before my run to the gym, and rather than walking to warm up, I considered myself warmed up... I think they are good for warm up or cool down maybe. I still have to do them tomorrow for probably the last time ever in my life lol
  • TaraDanielle40
    TaraDanielle40 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    45 for me today please . Video and squats will be done by tomorrow.
  • LisaPower123
    Options
    45 for me today please . Video and squats will be done by tomorrow.

I entered it for you!

Great job team, we are moving on up! :)
  • darcijojo
    darcijojo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Finished all the challenges. I'm glad to be done with the squats. I'm getting a new pair of shoes on Monday and I really hope those work so I can start walking farther again. I feel like I haven't really done anything in awhile. Still walking with my husband at night but it's a slow walk. At least I'm still moving though. Getting those "miles" in for the team.
  • tinacuso
    tinacuso Posts: 4,257 Member
    Options
    Finally finished the squats. They were hard. I'm glad that is over. I have been enjoying the last few weeks of really nice fall weather and getting out for nice long walks. The clock goes back tonight so that will get harder to do since it will be dark by 5. Enjoy your extra hour of sleep, we have all earned it.
  • livvie25
    livvie25 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    An extra hour to work out. Maybe I might take tommorow off lol. Everyone have a great Sunday. My legs our a little sore this week lol
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT FOR ALL AMAZING RACERS:
    We set out clocks back one hour last night, so please make sure you did as well. If your country, province, state, didn't experience a time change, then please Google what time it is in California now.
    @MissionEnforcer will be closing the Spreadsheet at 9:00 p.m. PST. sharp!
    I suggest you get your exercise minutes and challenge points in early. We've had two teams lose a position in the rankings in the last two weeks due to late logging. Don't let your team or yourself down!
    Happy Sunday everyone! The next destination will be announced late tonight. Have fun guessing where we are going! :)
  • LisaPower123
    Options
    @novten82 welcome to the team. No words of wisdom from me but to have fun!

I have finished all challenges. Today was supposed to be my long run day but I didn't sleep well so I just did 40 minute run & 10 minute walk & of course the videos to help out the team. I also couldn't miss out on the beautiful fall weather

We are going to a Red wings game so I will get some more walking in this afternoon.

Have a great Sunday & don't forget to log your minutes!!!

• lynnbaum
    lynnbaum Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    @NovTaylor64 don't wait till sunday to do the challenges. Welcome to the team. Do what you can +1. Stick with it. Oh I see you are a runner. Any tips on liking mornings??
  • lynnbaum
    lynnbaum Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Today is my last day of the videos and then I am off for a walk. I am down a couple of pounds. NofitnessVictory. I got my fitbit scale hooked to out att network from timewarner. This sure takes a long time and a lot of sitting work. My printer is next but I need to enjoy the outside first.
  • darcijojo
    darcijojo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    @novten82 Welcome to the team! My advice is to make sure to do all the challenges. Those extra points add up. Like @lynnbaum said, don't want until the weekend to start them. There is usually one that you need to do for five days for the points. I like to read them first thing Monday morning so I know what I need to do for the week. Also, I like to add my exercise minutes everyday or two so I don't forget what I've done.
  • carinamenina
    carinamenina Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    @novten82 Welcome!!! So excited to have you. Agreed with what everyone else has said--read the challenges Monday morning so you know what to do, be active during the videos so you can get some extra minutes to log, and record your stuff on the spreadsheet throughout the week so the rest of the team can see if we need to help make up any slack :) This is an awesome ride! You're gonna have a blast!

I finished all the challenges, woot woot! Did a 12-mile run yesterday, longest ever. I am paying for it today. Hope everyone else gets all your minutes logged! Let us know if we can help you record them. We are currently in 3rd place for the week but 5th overall. Let's try to get higher!
  • AshleyMFitness16
    AshleyMFitness16 Posts: 545 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    @carinamenina 12 miles!! Awesome!!!

Is anyone else having problems with the spreadsheet? :s

Guys, I taught my son "kon'nichiwa" and he keeps saying it to everyone and it's adorable haha!!