TEAM FOUR

Options

Replies

• lynnbaum
    lynnbaum Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    @novten82 chained to the chair for a couple of days. I have a choice to walk or eat. 1/2 hour lunch. I am out to get that .91 in right now. Enough for work today. Maybe I need a cordless phone at work. I had to do some genealogy stuff this morning. Who else steps up to be on a board when no one else will for secretary. Of all things?? What was I thinking?? Well my 2 years are almost done. I am sitting on my hands come the meeting in Feb.

• hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    AMAZING RACE PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT:
    DON'T FORGET THE "WEIGHT-TAB" ON THE SPREADSHEET WHERE YOU CAN DO YOUR WEEKLY WEIGH-IN!
    ALSO, PLEASE POST ON THE SPREADSHEET AS OFTEN AS POSSIBLE.
    IF YOU ARE NOT GOING TO DO A CHALLENGE, PLEASE PUT A "ZERO".
    IF YOU HAVE NOT EXERCISED, PLEASE PUT A "ZERO" IN FOR THAT DAY.
    THERE WILL ALSO BE NO REPLACEMENTS FOR NEXT WEEK.
    WE HOPE YOU ARE ENJOYING HAWAII!
    MAHALO!
    :)
  • Fitbug92
    Fitbug92 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Team. Aloha! I am here still. The past few days have been run, run, run from meeting to meeting. Today, I'm going to get in some miles and knock out some videos. I've caught up on my spreadsheet numbers and I'm keeping below my calorie count.
  • Fitbug92
    Options
    @SmashleyM914 I have had the spreadsheet phone issue you mentioned before. Or when I access the spreadsheet on my phone it just spins....Thus, I gave up doing spreadsheet on phone and wait till I can get to computer.
  • LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Good morning all.

I have been for my run & I am doing a lot of stretches today.

I have increased my activity so much in the past 2 months (from doing nothing to running almost everyday) that I think my body is starting to complain. Adding weights the past 2 weeks I seem to have hurt my Piriformis (a muscle in your bum that causes lots of pain), probably because I did not give myself any time to recover from weighted squats. Last night I was rolling it out in the hot tub & my toes went numb, so I think it is time to do something..

We are going on a cruise in 18 days, so I am not going to weight lift until we get back, and I will decrease the intensity of my runs & add in Yoga & lots of stretching. The last thing I want is to be so uncomfortable while traveling that I can't enjoy anything. Right now, I can't sit through supper at home & have to leave the table. It is hard to sit at my desk at work too.

Why did rinde99 put 0 for activities? Does that mean that she dropped out?

Have a great day!
  • lynnbaum
    Options
    @lpeltenburg do some research on weight lifting for runners. You are correct that you are doing something wrong. I had to look it up and found what you are talking about is related to sciatic nerve. From that being said I too am in a hurry when doing a workout. We sometimes forget about the importance of posture/form, warming up, cool down. I too suffered from this a few years back and ended up at the chiropractor. I think about sitting tall and the importance of a strong core. Take care and have a good time on your vacation. I am sure you will get a ton of hiking done in 18 days.
  • tarpguys
    tarpguys Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    @lpeltenburg I would suggest a visit to the chiropractor. Better to do it soon and recover, than be miserable for the next 18 days and throughout vacation!

It was "demo day" here last night. We're taking out the chimney of our old farmhouse to allow for a half bath upstairs. We got two floors worth of bricks cleared out and two hours of squats before my husband and I were both exhausted. The last section tonight and it's gone! Then I have to clean up the dust EVERYWHERE!

I'll get the videos done this morning. Hopefully, I'll get a walk in before dark but it gets dark so early now that it's usually dark before I'm off work.
  • lynnbaum
    Options
    tarpguys wrote: »
    @lpeltenburg I would suggest a visit to the chiropractor. Better to do it soon and recover, than be miserable for the next 18 days and throughout vacation!

It was "demo day" here last night. We're taking out the chimney of our old farmhouse to allow for a half bath upstairs. We got two floors worth of bricks cleared out and two hours of squats before my husband and I were both exhausted. The last section tonight and it's gone! Then I have to clean up the dust EVERYWHERE!

I'll get the videos done this morning. Hopefully, I'll get a walk in before dark but it gets dark so early now that it's usually dark before I'm off work.

The property brothers say that is a10,000$ job. Good job and the DYI. That is a bonus, of money not going out and a great workout. I think we are leaving ours in. Things may change in a year when we redo the kitchen. I am so liking the squats you get from remodeling jobs.
  • AshleyMFitness16
    AshleyMFitness16 Posts: 545 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Yes Rinde99 has dropped out, and Calli1616 will be leaving as well, I'm waiting to hear back if she's going to help us finish the week or not.

We're going to have to pick up the pace with these drop outs! Doing good so far though, week in 2nd for the week!!
  • LisaPower123
    Options
    Thanks everyone. No worries, I am not too hurt. I like to weight lift & I love strong lifts. I am very careful about form, but I know that I should not run to and from the gym on weight lifting days. I did it anyway & I am paying the price :)

My mom has had this problem and went to the chiropractor 3 times a week for months. I am hoping that I didn't allow it to get to that point & by stretching often during the day it will get better. it is already starting to feel better after rolling it last night & stretching today.
  • LisaPower123
    Options
    too bad about the drop outs, but awesome that we are in 2nd! Great job team!
  • livvie25
    livvie25 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Taking tomorrow off. Did classes with my friend where she works out. Had a great day. Great job everyone.
  • darcijojo
    darcijojo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Calli1616 has put in some stats for the week. The only other one that hasn't is Ellebee332. Is she still with us? I'm so glad to see the filled in spreadsheet today. We made to our destination. Now we are just working on those bonus points. I'm going to finish up the videos tonight and I'm still on track with my food.
    @lpeltenburg Glad you're not feeling too bad. Wish I was going on a cruise in 18 days. :smile:

We are back in third now. Those in first and second are killing it.
  • AshleyMFitness16
    AshleyMFitness16 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Not sure about @Ellebee332 I sent her a message a couple days ago, it's been read but no response
  • Fitbug92
    Options
    Four videos done. That was fun. Will do videos and hiking tomorrow.
  • lynnbaum
    Options
    So I went to go to the gym and don't remember where I put my lock. Story of my life. So I walked outside the length of the mall and then across the parking lot to the target. I got a new lock and hoofed it back to the gym fast. Then it was onto that running looking thing. I have to figure what it is called I got a good 1/2 hour done. I tell you I was dripping. Great workout. I am taking a total of 60 min because I got a couple more videos done this morning for a total of 4 so far. Bonus I was also under calories another day.
  • tarpguys
    tarpguys Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I was able to get another mile in today while I waited to pick up my granddaughter from school. I didn't even get wet! Yeah!

We finished up the demo of the chimney tonight. Tomorrow will be dusting everything from top to bottom! The thing I like about demo is that it means another project is going to get done!!! @lynnbaum It was a very exhausting job! We generally do all of our own renovations except electrical and plumbing. Fortunately we have good friends in both of those fields. But now there is room for a half bath between the two bedrooms upstairs, a small coat closet on the main floor and just plain old more room in the basement. It's amazing how much room it took up!