TEAM THREE

Replies

• Dictorbutt
    Dictorbutt Posts: 2,204 Member
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Okay, team. I am going to get SERIOUS here. Winning is great, but only if we do it honestly. Last challenge, we came dead last, and still had a fun race. It's all about your attitude and your participation. We interacted like crazy last time on our thread, too. This time there are three red flags that I can't ignore. If I am right (and I hope I am not!) they add up to someone adding made up numbers into the spreadsheet under other people's names. First, I noticed @francaisluvr had added a bunch of high numbers to the spreadsheet, even though she has not read my last two messages that I sent her according to MFP, and also according to MFP, hasn't even logged in for 13 days. Now, I know that the log in record sometimes gets screwed up on here (don't you just love it when MFP says that none of your friends have logged in for 3 days, yet you've just read posts from a bunch of them!) so I could overlook that one. @sandkp had numbers entered under her name and thought that maybe @skinnyjeanzbound had entered one up from where she should have by mistake. Karen said it wasn't her and Shawnee removed them, but I still thought that maybe someone had made an honest mistake. But this morning I read the exchange between @BJerzy (thanks for still being up to enter his numbers!) and @Dictorbutt, where he had a bunch of numbers already entered into the spreadsheet, but he hadn't posted a midweek update and they didn't match his actual numbers.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE only enter your own, truthful numbers unless you are entering for @Dictorbutt, but only after he has posted his actual numbers on this thread.

If there are explanations for any of this, please, I am all ears! Like I said, I hope I am wrong!

@MissionEnforcer, I thought maybe you should be in the loop on this one.

Curious minds want to know?! :)
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 8,001 Member
    @Dictorbutt, I thought you had access to the spreadsheet since there were numbers in your row. That is why I didn't even consider staying up to enter for you! I am glad that @BJerzy was still up!
  • tuffgirl19
    tuffgirl19 Posts: 771 Member
    edited November 2016
    @HASWLRS-Someone put numbers in for me also and at first I thought maybe it was an honest mistake, like maybe the person above or below me did it. I am second from the bottom so Its easy for me to input my numbers and not have to second guess if I'm in the correct row. @twitch82- I don't know if you noticed but some of our numbers looked like they were flip flopped. (Like if I had 185, hers was 158). And I wasn't able to change the 185 to my correct number, 38 when I went back to see what I had actually done that day because the spreadsheet was closed before I could change it. I'm in this for me and to be a team player. I want to do my best, not to have our team and individual participants do better by cheating. I noticed @francaisluvr's numbers were high and even. Grrrr :#:(
  • HASWLRS
    It has occurred to me that this could be the work of someone not even part of the Race. Remember at the start of this when were introducing ourselves to one another and friending everyone on the team? I had a message (as did all of you I think) and a friend request from a carrash11. She said she was on team 3 for the Amazing Race. It turned out she hadn't even joined the Group, let alone been assigned to a team. @MissionEnforcer
  • tuffgirl19
    tuffgirl19 Posts: 771 Member
    @HASWLRS and @MissionEnforcer, carrash11 is my username for my gmail account. I requested friends from the spreadsheet on my phone and I think that's how that name came up. So, that's not it.
  • BJerzy
    BJerzy Posts: 1,844 Member
    Oh no. I'm so sad to hear this because I was so proud of us for being in third! I had a question about @francaisluvr numbers last week because they were all 50, but my days I do the same workout and it takes me the same amount of time so I didn't bother saying anything. I don't want to hurt people's feelings but I really want this to be fair, even if we lose again.
  • Cheriels82
    Cheriels82 Posts: 363 Member
  • Cheriels82
    Not fun, I was wondering last week about @francaisluvr as I saw she hadn't been logging in to MFP , was wondering if we would get a new teammate like other teams have.

If we are last we are last so be it. As long as we are pushing ourselves a little more each week we are still doing it.
  • Cheriels82
    FYI house is full of veggies and fruits from harvesting etc.

Had leftover root vegetables gratin (sweet potatoes, potatoes, and celeriac) with ciambotta (red peppers and zucchini). Polished off with dessert of apple, raspberries and blueberries (and whipped cream of course).

Will have left over ciambotta tomorrow, and have mashed root vegetable purée on the menu (carrots celery potatoes and rutabagas)
    Will try and do some arm stuff this afternoon, waiting for my daughter to come home to attack those jump ropes/hopscotch
  • HASWLRS
    Your smorgasbord of fruits and veggies sounds delectable, @Cheriels82! I went for a 35 minute walk, then skipped for 12 minutes (not consecutively, of course!) Thinking I was in the bottom seven really kicked my butt into gear (thanks, @enuf200!)
  • Dictorbutt
    G'day Mates!
    @HASWLRS Nope, not me. :) I and my phone have not committed to being spreadsheet savvy again just yet. (Mostly my phone and it's data issues and desire for an overdue upgrade. Lol).
    I log Everything on paper. It's my preference anyway.
    I wrote down the numbers that were added in mysteriously just in case they are someone else's.
    Lmk what's found out.
    Til then
    Ima keep doin me! ;)

Trekk on team!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,429 Member
    Crazy...I couldn't imagine someone purposefully doing something like that. It just seems so strange because obviously it would be noticed. Well, I would say we all watch our numbers and move forward (it will likely stop now) :)

Now off to Australia :) (after I get my hair cut and colored)

TTFN!
  • Cheriels82
    FYI, did the weighted arm video. lol was pleased to see the instructor was australian, was cool, laughed a lot when during a longer segment there is a box with her dancing in the bottom left. shoulders are screaming (it was a push day for me and lots of push up variations already this am) fell like i can't wear a shirt that my arms will just bust right out of there. the instructor says "you will see the difference" i sure feel it!

Zero jump rope... was already dark when my daughter got home.

@carlsoda enjoy the cut and colour!
  • samra338
    samra338 Posts: 2,622 Member
    Wow!!! It's tricky with a open spreadsheet. I always double check that I'm entering my numbers against my name as I do it on my phone and don't want to mess up. I did notice francaisluvr's minutes this week as being high but thought maybe they have become more active this week!

Anyways, didn't do much today as it's my rest day.... caught up with my meal prep and paperwork. Was planning to do some jump rope but didn't get to it. I do it as part of some of my circuit workouts so know 30 minutes will be hard. Need to get a move on it. Will do the arm workouts tmrw and get some miles in.
  • sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    edited November 2016
    Just briefly popped in and wow on the number issue! Did want to say my sunday number was high and it was me. Looked out of sort for my week but gutted my kitchen cabinets going up and down, moving heavy dishes, wiping cabinets, climbing counters and making box trips up and down.. till i got the call that my son rolled the 4wheeler... (he was fine.. rolled after he got off due to tire issue and probably a bit of speed in a turn)well.. a long run through the woods in snow boots (first shoes i found)and dealing with that.. lifting pulling wheels etc.. made my numbers high.. along with the foot hike to check out all the trails since the wheel was off and hubby and i had to foot that one.
  • HASWLRS
    Hey, team. For the fruits and veggies colour challenge, @hawkins410 posted a more extensive list of what produce fits under what colour in the question and answer thread, F.Y.I.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Also, is it possible someone from another team is accidentally entering on the wrong page of the spreadsheet. I can't imagine anyone purposefully entering numbers that don't belong. Maybe there needs to be a reminder sent out to everyone to remember to click on your team tab before posting?
  • Dictorbutt
    @carlsoda Props on the cut and color priority! Bonzer!

@sandkp Great burn on the house cleaning minutes!

@HASWLRS Thanks for the update!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Hi guys! Finally got a chance to read this week's leg of the race, and I'm so excited! Love Australia, and boy do my arms need this challenge!

Also, love the color challenge. I know we need to only post once we've completed the challenge and added our "red" 5 to the spreadsheet. However, if I don't keep a running track, I will forget which colors I've eaten on which days. I will tag Mission Enforcer when my list is complete and I've added my points.

I'm less excited about the jump rope challenge b/c the last time we had this, I couldn't find anything to use as a jump rope. I'm in the same boat right now b/c the only extension cords we have in the house are those 100 ft long heavy duty utility cords. But my gym has done a lot of upgrades, so I will check to see if they added jump ropes to the equipment room--very possible. If not, I may just buy one. :smile: I'm determined to complete the challenge this time around!

x/30 minutes jumping rope
    x/3 arm videos
    Color challenge:
    Mon = red peppers, apple (RED), asparagus (WHITE GREEN), cucumber (GREEN)
  • TangledThread
    TangledThread Posts: 312 Member
    edited November 2016
    The color challenge will be cake. Today I made a huge pot of Quinoa Pasta and Cheese Sauce.
    un2y6wupy2yd.jpg
    469 cal

Red - red bell pepper
    Red Orange- carrots
    Yellow Orange- yellow squash
    Green- broccoli, green beans, sugar snap peas, lima beans
    white- water chestnuts
    Blue-
    Red Purple-
    Brown- mushrooms, the Quinoa Pasta- although as a processed food I'm not counting it.

Also in the day I had a baked potato and it's jacket- white and brown
    Sweet potato baked oatmeal- Red Orange and brown. The oatmeal in this is the least processed grain in my kitchen and totally counts.

As an aside: The calories in baked oatmeal is insane. That recipe won't be made again.

edit to add: I also jumped rope for 7min without stopping. 7 MINUTES! Last challenge I had to take a break every minute and a half. I'm also at 173 jumps without tripping. Last challenge I started at 32.

Everyone that is jumping rope (and I hope that is everyone) it's good to start now. It's surprisingly hard and a great workout.