TEAM TWO

Options

Replies

• energyseeker
    energyseeker Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    thanks @My_Butt , just got in 14:32 of extra minutes of exercise dancing with your video of K-pop. This 53 year old grandma is sweating and I learned a lot of new moves lol.
  • lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Options
    Thanks @kimmy5280 and @sabreena86! It is support from family and MFP that helped get through that first couple of days, weeks, months, etc. :)
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    Finally got the drumming done. I forgot to check the time before I started. I think it was like a half hour. At least that is what I put in for the time.
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    Finally got the drumming done. I forgot to check the time before I started. I think it was like a half hour. At least that is what I put in for the time.

That's should be pretty close. I timed them along with the three repetitions of the chant and it was about 35 minutes. Great job getting that done.
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    thanks @My_Butt , just got in 14:32 of extra minutes of exercise dancing with your video of K-pop. This 53 year old grandma is sweating and I learned a lot of new moves lol.

Great thinking, Kim! Way to get in some extra minutes and have a blast at the same time!
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    So productive Tami! Great job getting the water challenge done too. I definitely like the water challenge because I'm the same way and almost always get enough water in daily. All I drink is coffee and water usually, with an occasional iced tea if I'm eating out. That kind of makes it a lot easier.
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    Got up like it was a normal work day...which is very hard, but thanks to my little stinkers who get up like clockwork, demanding their breakfast, I was able to get up and stay up! That was a good way to start off the day. Then put in almost a full day's work, even though that was not what I had anticipated I would do, but it definitely helped out. Tomorrow, we are hopefully going to my parents to visit them and my grandpa, so probably won't get much, if any exercise minutes in, but if I can I will try! Hope everyone's weekend is spectacular so far!!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Bad allergies today and spent most of the day helping my sister with a project, so I wasn't feeling great and only did 30 minutes incline walking on the treadmill instead of my planned 45. Tomorrow will be one of my long workout days so I'll get some good minutes in to make up for today's weak performance and finish strong for the end of the week! :)
  • DebbieNeedham1
    DebbieNeedham1 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Right - time to get inventive and find my drum kit lol!!! Been saving it til today so that I have maximum energy back as I have been struggling this week!
  • lbenson2006
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Thanks for the cheerleading you guys!! I saw Jen's & Lynn's posts about 3:30 when one of the boys had to potty and it started me thinking that maybe I should suck it up and get up early to get some minutes in before we travel for the day. Then when the boys got up at just before 4:30 for their breakfast I was still contemplating because going back to bed sounded very tempting!! However, then I saw Debbie's post and figured I should suck it up and get down here...so here I am...on the elliptical!!

One thing I do want to mention is that while it's important to get minutes in, this leg of the race it takes an additional 562.1 minutes to get 10 points...BUT, last I checked, we still have the potential for 165 points from the challenges...165 POINTS!!!! So please, if you have not done the challenges and still can, PLEASE do them. They are huge to the success of the team. If you know you cannot get a particular challenge, please place a 0 in there so I know it is not a place for potential points.

Finally, THANK YOU because we are doing amazing!! You guys are amazing!! Let's keep this momentum up throughout the race!! Have a great Sunday!!
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    Going for my run soon! It'll be a chilly one this morning. It's 4c here! Then I am taking the teenager and his friend to the indoor trampoline place....so much fun. We'll play some dodgeball and jump on the trampoline a whole bunch! I'll get lots in today!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Did my last workout of the week already and all worn out, but it's early in the day. If we are close and need some extra minutes to get another 10-point bonus, and it looks desperate, I can go to the gym tonight and walk on the treadmill. I'll check back late afternoon. B)
  • kb13sport
    kb13sport Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    @MissionEnforcer
    kb13sport wrote: »
    Hi my name is Kimberly, I live in beautiful Austin, Texas. I'm 31 years old and I work as an Assistant Director of Athletics for the local school district. I am married and have two children: 2 and 4. Since leaving coaching and starting to sit at a desk all day I've noticed my weight creep up. I currently workout 3-4 times a week with camp gladiator. Looking forward to the challenge. I will check in tomorrow AM.

• DebbieNeedham1
    DebbieNeedham1 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    @MissionEnforcer
    Hi my name is Kimberly, I live in beautiful Austin, Texas. I'm 31 years old and I work as an Assistant Director of Athletics for the local school district. I am married and have two children: 2 and 4. Since leaving coaching and starting to sit at a desk all day I've noticed my weight creep up. I currently workout 3-4 times a week with camp gladiator. Looking forward to the challenge. I will check in tomorrow AM.

you need to say a little bit about the place that you are from for challenge 1 rather than about yourself :)
  • MissionEnforcer
    MissionEnforcer Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    @kb13sport Also, after adding your brief description, be sure and enter the "10" in the challenge box, on the spreadsheet.
  • Raasy
    Raasy Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Finally getting a chance to check in with the group. You all have been an active bunch this weekend. I have not had a whole lot of time to play on the PC this weekend, its been crazy. But i have managed to get in some exercise, but just a little bit. I did however definitely complete the water portion of the challenge without any problems. Hopefully next week will be a little better. Although I cant promise the weekend will be any better, have a dog show on Saturday & Sunday. Luckily its not to far from my house and wont be all day long.

You guys are all dong great work and should pat yourselves on the back for working hard the first week of the challenge
  • motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @MissionEnforcer I don't think I tagged you when I did my intro....so one more time just to make sure I'm following the rules! I live in the great state of Texas where I work in health care. I'm addicted to the show amazing race, so doing this challenge might be the closest I ever get to doing it lol.

@lbenson2006 got your msg about the sheet and when I open it my responses from earlier this week were still there, but my Saturday updates had disappeared. I added everything back but just in case my minutes are 64 -M, 60-T, 120-W, 120 - Sat. And then I should have points for the three challenges, challenge #1 hadn't been verified. I sent out any remaining friend requests either Friday or Saturday, did my water, and the drum videos.
  • seylerg344
    seylerg344 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    @MissionEnforcer Hi everyone! I made it back safely from Disney world. It was more difficult than I thought it would be to access everything from my phone thank you @lbenson2006 for your help posting for me! I forgot to give a description of my hometown. I live in a town in central PA that is surrounded by farm country basically. It is beautiful out here and I love how gorgeous everything looks in the fall. I do have access to a small little town with a courthouse and little park with a running path and a library and cute little shops. This town is within walking distance from our house and something we like to do is walk into town and explore. The park is next to a large creek where ducks frequently like to hang out and you will often find people feeding ducks there. We live in a townhouse which is right across from a farm field actually. I love it though!
  • twinmom_112002
    twinmom_112002 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Hi... can someone add 30 minutes for me? My son is on the computer doing his homework.

Thanks!