• CKS0806
    CKS0806 Posts: 460 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Whose ready for new challenges? I know I am
  • mckelfam
    mckelfam Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Happy New Years to my team one family. I hope everyone has a great 2017.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,420 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year everyone! Let's start the year off right and be ready for the next amazing challenge!
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year everyone! Let's kick of 2017 to a good start!
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 5,000 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic fantastic stats. What a great inspiring year you had.!! Thanks for sharing!!!
    @cardbucfan let's hear it for fresh starts!!!
  • celtikgirl
    celtikgirl Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year, Team 1! The last ten days have been a bit of a blur for me, but today is the day my life gets back to normal.

I'm kind of using today as a reset day - got on the scale this morning for the first time in months, wasn't surprised, but definitely not happy with the number. Hit the grocery store yesterday afternoon so there would be no excuse not to pack a healthy breakfast and lunch. Also plan to fight my way through all of the resolutionists at the gym after work. I have 20 days to get at least a few of these pounds off before the cruise - and to figure out how to not gain them back on the ship.

Hope you all are getting 2017 off to a terrific start!

Sharon
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    @cardbucfan - 4 months of travel, that's amazing! I'm sure it does make it hard to stay on track but you do a great job keeping super active.

@hawkins410 love the pink trees. And the dog Batman :). Great year for you as well!! Awesome job.

@celtikgirl - good luck getting prepared for your upcoming cruise! You can do it. Hope the gym crowds weren't too terrible. It was not as bad as I feared at the Y today but it took forever to get through the registration line to sign up for my running group.

Last January at this time I was in Florida enjoying running on the beach. I'm pretty sad not to be doing that again. Today it rained almost all day - it's depressing because at least if it snowed I could go out and snowshoe or cross-country ski but the rain is just plain unpleasant. Feeling cranky.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,420 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic -it's actually too warm for that beach running right now here in Florida-you'd faint! Our Y hasn't picked up yet but tomorrow I'm betting will be pretty busy with most of the college kids gone and all the schools back in session. The spin room doesn't pick up for about 2 weeks. I guess it's too intimidating for the true newcomers.

@hawkins410 -love the pretty pic and the batman dog made me snort!

@celtikgirl -you got this!
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    humpday.gif

I tried some push-ups, planks, sit-ups, crunches, and triceps curls last night. "OUCH" is my word for today! :#
    171fc71cbf4e2a70ae9ad26265511154.jpg

Does anyone have a different word?

It looks like we are all getting back on track!

YAY TEAM ONE! :)
  • Vowder
    Vowder Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was the first day in a very long time that I tracked, diet, exercise and weight. Hmmm... yesterday is better than 'maybe tomorrow'. Diet wasn't stellar but OK.

It looks like we are all ramping up.

I'm up for the another race. Bring it on!

A little sore today from 90 'easy' minutes on the treadmill yesterday.qoenasbto3ca.jpg

I too have been depressed about my December. On top of that, I've put on 30 lbs since August. However as for the year in review:
    I am down 70lbs and walked 4,485,983 steps. Definitely feel much much better and am ready to aim to lose another 60lbs this year. That will put me in the "NORMAL" range. 30lbs will put me back to "Overweight".

Love that everyone is back.....

I'm ready.
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 5,000 Member
    Options
    @Vowder you will be dropping the weight fast and furious!! You know how to do it!
    @katharmonic yup this "warm" weather sucks. Give me a nice crisp 25 degrees any day over the 40 and drizzle.
    @celtikgirl nothing like a deadline to push us!!
    I did the turbojam learn and burn DVD at lunch. 15 minutes of the learn the moves and 15 minutes of first go round. Only two knocks at my closed door. Not too bad.